Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interwetten Cup 21:51 - Jul 10 with 4726 viewsBluebaker

I've just heard (from an unreliable source) that the Fortuna game has been cancelled. Has anyone else heard anything? I'm flying out tomorrow so am hopeful it is still on.
Interwetten Cup on 22:17 - Jul 10 with 4575 viewsPhilTWTD

Not as far as I'm aware, Google has been saying it's off for several days for no apparent reason. MV Meppen are still advertising it and Paul Lambert was there yesterday.

http://www.svmeppen.de/
Interwetten Cup on 22:37 - Jul 10 with 4432 viewshatch

Interwetten Cup on 22:17 - Jul 10 by PhilTWTD

Not as far as I'm aware, Google has been saying it's off for several days for no apparent reason. MV Meppen are still advertising it and Paul Lambert was there yesterday.

I really enjoyed reading the Google translate of PL’s interview:

Exclusive interview with Ipswich coach Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert became Scottish champion four times. Four times he won the Scottish Cup. He completed 40 caps for Scotland. In 2002, Paul Lambert was voted Scotland's Footballer of the Year. In 1997, the midfielder and crowd pleaser won the UEFA Champions League victory with Borussia Dortmund. Today is the 49-year-old coach at English third division Ipswich Town. In addition to the SV Meppen, Fortuna Dusseldorf (1st Bundesliga) and FC Utrecht (Eredivisie) opponents at the Interwetten Cup (Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 14 clock, Hänsch Arena).
We talked to Paul Lambert about English football, fans, tradition and the tournament.

Paul, you are currently in training camp in Herzlake. Why is he completing the training camp in Germany?
Paul Lambert: "We love to come to Germany. The training conditions and the whole environment in Herzlake are great. The professional environment allows us to work hard. This is very important for a perfect season preparation. "

What are your expectations for the new season with Ipswich Town?
Paul Lambert: "We descended into the third English league. Now the mission starts resurgence. We want to do our best for it. We have a very young, talented team that believes in its strength.

What makes your fans so special?
Paul Lambert: (long pause) "The atmosphere in our stadium is simply breathtaking. The support is always there. And - especially important - especially when things are not going so well. Fantastic! Ipswich Town is a very special club with a great tradition. Legendary player personalities such as Terry Butcher, Mick Mills or Sir Bobby Robson have shaped the club and its myth. Even today, the good football tradition is lived here with a heart. I love this club! "

How is English different from German football?
Paul Lambert: "I think the differences are not that big. There are many very good teams. From the footballing level, the Bundesliga and the Premier League are similar. But also the second and third league are very strong in both countries. There are many competitive games. The atmosphere in the English stadiums may be a bit more intense. "

Please give us three words about Borussia Dortmund ...
Paul Lambert: "Ooh! Incredible! I had the honor of playing in a team with Sammer, Möller, Kohler and Riedle. Winning the Champions League in 1996/97 was the culmination of a great time! I really like it! "

Do you have contact with Jürgen Klopp?
Paul Lambert: "Yes, I know Jürgen well. We meet, if time permits. Jürgen does a fantastic job in Liverpool. A great guy! "

How important is the Interwetten Cup for you?
Paul Lambert: "The tournament in Meppen is very important in our preparation. An endurance test. We meet with Dusseldorf, Utrecht and SV Meppen strong opponents who will challenge us. We are in the fourth week of preparation and work hard on fitness. The Interwetten Cup is very important to us. We are looking forward to interesting games! "

What do you know about SV Meppen?
Paul Lambert: "Of course I also follow the 3rd league in Germany. I have seen some games. Very exciting! Very challenging! An interesting, difficult league. The SV Meppen plays refreshing, militant football. I like that as a Scot! I'm really excited about the stadium! Here can create a fantastic atmosphere! We are very happy to play here with you! "
Paul, thank you very much!
Photos: Lars Schröer
Interwetten Cup on 23:00 - Jul 10 with 4312 viewsPhilTWTD

Interwetten Cup on 22:37 - Jul 10 by hatch

Paul Lambert became Scottish champion four times. Four times he won the Scottish Cup. He completed 40 caps for Scotland. In 2002, Paul Lambert was voted Scotland's Footballer of the Year. In 1997, the midfielder and crowd pleaser won the UEFA Champions League victory with Borussia Dortmund. Today is the 49-year-old coach at English third division Ipswich Town. In addition to the SV Meppen, Fortuna Dusseldorf (1st Bundesliga) and FC Utrecht (Eredivisie) opponents at the Interwetten Cup (Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 14 clock, Hänsch Arena).
We talked to Paul Lambert about English football, fans, tradition and the tournament.

Paul, you are currently in training camp in Herzlake. Why is he completing the training camp in Germany?
Paul Lambert: "We love to come to Germany. The training conditions and the whole environment in Herzlake are great. The professional environment allows us to work hard. This is very important for a perfect season preparation. "

Paul Lambert: "We descended into the third English league. Now the mission starts resurgence. We want to do our best for it. We have a very young, talented team that believes in its strength.

Paul Lambert: (long pause) "The atmosphere in our stadium is simply breathtaking. The support is always there. And - especially important - especially when things are not going so well. Fantastic! Ipswich Town is a very special club with a great tradition. Legendary player personalities such as Terry Butcher, Mick Mills or Sir Bobby Robson have shaped the club and its myth. Even today, the good football tradition is lived here with a heart. I love this club! "

Paul Lambert: "I think the differences are not that big. There are many very good teams. From the footballing level, the Bundesliga and the Premier League are similar. But also the second and third league are very strong in both countries. There are many competitive games. The atmosphere in the English stadiums may be a bit more intense. "

Paul Lambert: "Ooh! Incredible! I had the honor of playing in a team with Sammer, Möller, Kohler and Riedle. Winning the Champions League in 1996/97 was the culmination of a great time! I really like it! "

Paul Lambert: "Yes, I know Jürgen well. We meet, if time permits. Jürgen does a fantastic job in Liverpool. A great guy! "

Paul Lambert: "The tournament in Meppen is very important in our preparation. An endurance test. We meet with Dusseldorf, Utrecht and SV Meppen strong opponents who will challenge us. We are in the fourth week of preparation and work hard on fitness. The Interwetten Cup is very important to us. We are looking forward to interesting games! "

Paul Lambert: "Of course I also follow the 3rd league in Germany. I have seen some games. Very exciting! Very challenging! An interesting, difficult league. The SV Meppen plays refreshing, militant football. I like that as a Scot! I'm really excited about the stadium! Here can create a fantastic atmosphere! We are very happy to play here with you! "

Militant football is presuambly a largely left wing-based approach.
Interwetten Cup on 23:04 - Jul 10 with 4291 viewsBluebaker

Thanks for the update!
Interwetten Cup on 08:57 - Jul 11 with 3778 viewsellerblue

Checked F95 website just now, showing under testspiele versus Ipswich in interwetten cup at meppen 1400hrs as taking place hope this helps.

Heinsberg Blue

Interwetten Cup on 09:15 - Jul 11 with 3707 viewsPippin1970

Interwetten Cup on 22:37 - Jul 10 by hatch

Interesting in being good friends with Klopp. Be great if we got a couple of loans from Liverpool.
Interwetten Cup on 10:25 - Jul 11 with 3577 viewsPJH

Interwetten Cup on 09:15 - Jul 11 by Pippin1970

Interesting in being good friends with Klopp. Be great if we got a couple of loans from Liverpool.

Or they get a couple of loans from us?
Interwetten Cup on 11:56 - Jul 11 with 3497 viewsMeppen

Yea, that match will take place and then we hope to meet you in the final! :D And even more we look forward to have some beers with you guys in the nice pub inside our stadium. English fans don't come to our town every day... Will you fly to Münster, Bremen or Amsterdam and then take the train? See you at the stadium!
Login to get fewer ads

Interwetten Cup on 12:00 - Jul 11 with 3470 viewsnsblu1

Interwetten Cup on 11:56 - Jul 11 by Meppen

Yea, that match will take place and then we hope to meet you in the final! :D And even more we look forward to have some beers with you guys in the nice pub inside our stadium. English fans don't come to our town every day... Will you fly to Münster, Bremen or Amsterdam and then take the train? See you at the stadium!

Cheers en
MHYG
Interwetten Cup on 12:09 - Jul 11 with 3434 viewsBiGDonnie

Interwetten Cup on 10:25 - Jul 11 by PJH

Or they get a couple of loans from us?

Skuse on a season loan to cover Hendo?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Interwetten Cup on 12:52 - Jul 11 with 3351 viewsRobbie12345

Saw the same on google, we phoned ITFC press team this morning, who said its 100% on, the google thing they are aware about but it is an error. Many have had similar concerns also phoning them and they are going to do some posts on the website etc about finer details in the coming days.

Very much looking forward to it!

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Interwetten Cup on 13:43 - Jul 11 with 3252 viewsFreddies_Ears

Interwetten Cup on 11:56 - Jul 11 by Meppen

Some of us are arriving on the Fortuna coach. So, please make sure you have enough beer!!!
Interwetten Cup on 17:02 - Jul 11 with 3075 viewsMeppen

Interwetten Cup on 13:43 - Jul 11 by Freddies_Ears

Some of us are arriving on the Fortuna coach. So, please make sure you have enough beer!!!

There is always plenty, don't worry. ;) Btw, as far as I know, Ipswich and Fortuna fans will be mixed with the locals in one zone (where they sell beer inside), just Utrecht will be separated.
Interwetten Cup on 17:19 - Jul 11 with 3021 viewsFreddies_Ears

Interwetten Cup on 17:02 - Jul 11 by Meppen

There is always plenty, don't worry. ;) Btw, as far as I know, Ipswich and Fortuna fans will be mixed with the locals in one zone (where they sell beer inside), just Utrecht will be separated.

That segregation makes sense. Sounds like we get access to the best bar then.

Bratwurst too? Or Currywurst?
Interwetten Cup on 05:38 - Jul 12 with 2639 viewsMeppen

Interwetten Cup on 17:19 - Jul 11 by Freddies_Ears

That segregation makes sense. Sounds like we get access to the best bar then.

Bratwurst too? Or Currywurst?

Both available, plus shots, meatballs and chips. No fish. :D
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024