Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK 16:45 - Jul 22 with 2048 viewsGeoffSentence

will all be led by a woman.

Only labour currently letting the side down, though the tories will join them tomorrow.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:49 - Jul 22 with 1770 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, the Tories will be letting 'the side' down, due to the poor stewardship of their current leader... who is one of those 3.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:49 - Jul 22 with 1775 viewsBigManBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:49 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, the Tories will be letting 'the side' down, due to the poor stewardship of their current leader... who is one of those 3.

Men don't have a monopoly on failure, as much as my wife will tell you otherwise.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:51 - Jul 22 with 1761 viewschicoazul

Jo Swinson has decent cans too. Sorry, I mean policies.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:56 - Jul 22 with 1744 viewsBigManBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:51 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Jo Swinson has decent cans too. Sorry, I mean policies.

Poor man's Heidi I'm afraid.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:56 - Jul 22 with 1738 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour remain the only one of the political parties who have seats in Westminster that has never had a woman as leader (caretakers excepted)

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 17:01 - Jul 22 with 1724 viewschicoazul

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 16:56 - Jul 22 by BigManBlue

Poor man's Heidi I'm afraid.

I'd be applauding them too mate nomsayin

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 17:37 - Jul 22 with 1682 viewschicoazul

Actually thinking about it, this is Quite Interesting. There is a good chance Jo Swinson will be the King Maker after the next Gen Elec, if the Maximum Leader does indeed tack over towards a 2nd referendum he will probably enjoy her support as Prime Minister.

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:14 - Jul 22 with 1648 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 17:37 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Actually thinking about it, this is Quite Interesting. There is a good chance Jo Swinson will be the King Maker after the next Gen Elec, if the Maximum Leader does indeed tack over towards a 2nd referendum he will probably enjoy her support as Prime Minister.

Not if they continue down this route.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:25 - Jul 22 with 1628 viewschicoazul

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:14 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Oooofff!

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:28 - Jul 22 with 1624 viewsSteve_M

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:14 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

And also:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:29 - Jul 22 with 1620 viewsKievthegreat

I'm not sure Lib Dems would WANT to go in with any party. You've got an institutionally anti-Semitic party to the left and an institutionally Islamophobic party to the right led by the biggest buffoon in politics (and there's a lot of competition on that front).

The 2 things I'm certain off are that the Lib Dems will not go into coalition with the Tories (Brexit is the biggest issue and they are diametrically opposed) and that all Labour will say,until they are Tory-blue in the face, is that the Lib Dems are wanting to prop up the Tories.
So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:30 - Jul 22 with 1615 viewschicoazul

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:25 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Oooofff!

Maybe this is "Boris" plan..? He knows he wouldn't win an election on his own so he reaches out to the LDs and promises them a 2nd Ref in return for their support? Which is probably what the fat cnt has always wanted anyway, a way out of this mess?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:31 - Jul 22 with 1608 viewsKievthegreat

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:28 - Jul 22 by Steve_M

And also:

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:42 - Jul 22 with 1584 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:29 - Jul 22 by Kievthegreat

I'm not sure Lib Dems would WANT to go in with any party. You've got an institutionally anti-Semitic party to the left and an institutionally Islamophobic party to the right led by the biggest buffoon in politics (and there's a lot of competition on that front).

The 2 things I'm certain off are that the Lib Dems will not go into coalition with the Tories (Brexit is the biggest issue and they are diametrically opposed) and that all Labour will say,until they are Tory-blue in the face, is that the Lib Dems are wanting to prop up the Tories.

Indeed. For the first time in a long while they have a clear vision of where they want to go policy wise and wouldn't want to be dragged down by either Labour or Tories who are both in turmoil.

Iron Lion Zion

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:48 - Jul 22 with 1569 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Farage is not a woman?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:50 - Jul 22 with 1562 viewsKievthegreat

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:42 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. For the first time in a long while they have a clear vision of where they want to go policy wise and wouldn't want to be dragged down by either Labour or Tories who are both in turmoil.

The only times where a coalition has been a possibility or looked like being a possibility, there was a Centre Right and a Centre-Left parties to choose from. The pursuit of idealogical purity means the overlap between the lib dems and other parties is shrinking as Labour and Tories seek to purge the 'non-believers'. The only unifying thing COULD be Brexit, but who knows where Labour stand on that.
So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:54 - Jul 22 with 1552 viewsKievthegreat

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:48 - Jul 22 by Trequartista

0 MPs, 0 Councillors (although they are putting up their first candidate for a seat this Thursday).

I think he needs to win some seats in a legislative body in this country before we in include him.
So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:01 - Jul 22 with 1525 viewsBlueBadger

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:48 - Jul 22 by Trequartista

I'm not even convinced he's human.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:05 - Jul 22 with 1515 viewsfooters

I wonder which of the parties in question has the best track record on passing legislation which is beneficial to our fine, feathered female colleagues?

Got me stumped.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:17 - Jul 22 with 1489 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:05 - Jul 22 by footers

I wonder which of the parties in question has the best track record on passing legislation which is beneficial to our fine, feathered female colleagues?

Got me stumped.

Well the Representation of the People Act 1918, which gave some women the vote, came under the Liberals and the the Representation of the People (Equal Franchise) Act 1928, which gave all women equal voting rights to men, came under the Tories.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:19]

Iron Lion Zion

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 1481 viewsfooters

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:17 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Well the Representation of the People Act 1918, which gave some women the vote, came under the Liberals and the the Representation of the People (Equal Franchise) Act 1928, which gave all women equal voting rights to men, came under the Tories.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:19]

Well, that's one... Any more from the party of Christopher Chope and Philip Davies?

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:30 - Jul 22 with 1455 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:21 - Jul 22 by footers

Well, that's one... Any more from the party of Christopher Chope and Philip Davies?

First woman cabinet minister 1929 - Tory

The Equal Pay Act and Sex Discrimination Act 1975 - Labour

Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value Amendment for the Equal Pay Act 1983 - Tory

Trade Union reform and Employment Rights Act guarantees every working woman the right to maternity leave for the first time 1994 - Tory

The above from a Guardian article but it only goes up to 2003. I would imagine Blair's Labour brought in some pro women legislation but Blair is dead to the year zero mob isn't he?

edit found some more

Independent taxation for women is introduced. For the first time married women are taxed separately from their husbands 1990 - Tory

As part of the Criminal Justice Act, marital rape is declared illegal in the UK 1994 - Tory

Sexual Offences Amendment Act 2001 - Labour

The principle of equal treatment in employment and training, irrespective of religion or belief trough Employment Equality (Religion or Relief) Regulations. These Regulations prohibit discrimination in employment and vocational training on the grounds of religion belief. The Regulation provide protection from direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, victimisation and harassment 2003 - Labour

The Civil Partnership Act 2005 - Labour

Maternity Leave was extended from 26 - 39 weeks 2007 - Labour

That source only went to 2008
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:39]

Iron Lion Zion

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:38 - Jul 22 with 1442 viewsfooters

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:30 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

First woman cabinet minister 1929 - Tory

The Equal Pay Act and Sex Discrimination Act 1975 - Labour

Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value Amendment for the Equal Pay Act 1983 - Tory

Trade Union reform and Employment Rights Act guarantees every working woman the right to maternity leave for the first time 1994 - Tory

The above from a Guardian article but it only goes up to 2003. I would imagine Blair's Labour brought in some pro women legislation but Blair is dead to the year zero mob isn't he?

edit found some more

Independent taxation for women is introduced. For the first time married women are taxed separately from their husbands 1990 - Tory

As part of the Criminal Justice Act, marital rape is declared illegal in the UK 1994 - Tory

Sexual Offences Amendment Act 2001 - Labour

The principle of equal treatment in employment and training, irrespective of religion or belief trough Employment Equality (Religion or Relief) Regulations. These Regulations prohibit discrimination in employment and vocational training on the grounds of religion belief. The Regulation provide protection from direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, victimisation and harassment 2003 - Labour

The Civil Partnership Act 2005 - Labour

Maternity Leave was extended from 26 - 39 weeks 2007 - Labour

That source only went to 2008
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:39]

Dead? Nah, not entirely. To some, probably!

Blair's a frustrating one. His premiership could have been one of the best of modern times had certain things not happened. As you can probably tell by now, his political philosophy isn't one I'd sign up to personally but he did an awful lot of good for society, generally.

And although it's not all his fault, he did a lot to further the whole presidential style. British politics should be a cabinet game imo, not a presidential one. But I doubt we'll ever see that again now.

Iraq and other small things like that probably don't help his cause.

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 19:48 - Jul 22 with 1422 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:25 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Oooofff!

This made me chuckle

Iron Lion Zion

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 23:20 - Jul 22 with 1314 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, for a brief moment in time, 3 of the 4 top political parties in the UK on 18:31 - Jul 22 by Kievthegreat

Sorry, down voted by mistake

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024