Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work 10:15 - Sep 2 with 2448 viewsBrixtonBlue

on his penalties. One saved, one smashed down the middle and Saturday's was quite lucky to slip under the keeper. None of them have been convincing, and it looks to me like he just hits and hopes. I'd rather someone else on pens if that's the case, because he's going to miss more than an official penalty taker should.

I love everything else about him and his game though!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

indeed (n/t) on 10:16 - Sep 2 with 2430 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:25 - Sep 2 with 2376 viewsReuser_is_God

What about the Bolton penalty was unconvincing?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:26 - Sep 2 with 2367 viewsSitfcB

Scored 2 out of 3....

Not a bad record.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:27 - Sep 2 with 2362 viewsitfcjoe

I agree, he strikes me as someone who likes taking the penalties but maybe isn't as good at it as could/should be - be interested to know what is record was at previous clubs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 2334 viewsITFC_Forever

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:27 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

I agree, he strikes me as someone who likes taking the penalties but maybe isn't as good at it as could/should be - be interested to know what is record was at previous clubs

I think I read somewhere he missed a few for Tranmere as well.

The one on Saturday went under the GK as it had enough power to get to that part of the goal before the goalkeeper did.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 2287 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:25 - Sep 2 by Reuser_is_God

What about the Bolton penalty was unconvincing?

As I said above, it was smashed down the middle. I think all of his pens so far have been a bit 'hit and hope' rather than having any real plan to them. They don't look as convincing as say Tommy Miller's used to be.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 2273 viewsReuser_is_God

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:42 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

As I said above, it was smashed down the middle. I think all of his pens so far have been a bit 'hit and hope' rather than having any real plan to them. They don't look as convincing as say Tommy Miller's used to be.

A penalty hammered high down the middle is as convincing as they come.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:48 - Sep 2 with 2254 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:44 - Sep 2 by Reuser_is_God

A penalty hammered high down the middle is as convincing as they come.

It depends. There's a difference between a top-class player who places it there and someone who runs up and just wellies it. I think Norwood is in the latter category.

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:51 - Sep 2 with 2235 viewsMrTown

I don't really mind, 5 goals in 6 games, scruffy as sh*t and I love every single one of them.

It is so critical to just have a goalscorer, somebody who knows where the back of the net is.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:14 - Sep 2 with 2149 viewsGooders7592

I understand what you're saying, but if you strike the ball with enough power 9/10 it will beat the keeper.

Frank Lampard & Julian Dicks springs to mind.
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:14 - Sep 2 with 2147 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:26 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

Scored 2 out of 3....

Not a bad record.

Not a particularly great one either...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:19 - Sep 2 with 2123 viewsTraktahBoi

As someone has already said, he's scored 2/3 and admitted himself he bottled it against Peterborough. It's a lottery at the end of the day... personally, i'd smash it down the middle every time. How many keepers do you see stand still at a penalty?!
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:23 - Sep 2 with 2085 viewsTractorCam

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:32 - Sep 2 by ITFC_Forever

I think I read somewhere he missed a few for Tranmere as well.

The one on Saturday went under the GK as it had enough power to get to that part of the goal before the goalkeeper did.

I didn't think he took penalties for Tranmere? Last season he scored 32 and none were from the spot.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:27 - Sep 2 with 2060 viewsGarv

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:42 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

The one he tried to place he missed so maybe hit and hope is a better option?

No one will ever take a penalty more convincingly than Tommy Miller. The keeper knew where he was going every time and still couldn't do anything about it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 2023 viewsNthQldITFC

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:27 - Sep 2 by Garv

The one he tried to place he missed so maybe hit and hope is a better option?

No one will ever take a penalty more convincingly than Tommy Miller. The keeper knew where he was going every time and still couldn't do anything about it.

Seem to remember Neil Thompson took a fair penalty? With the full weight of his enormous @rse behind every one of 'em.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:39 - Sep 2 with 2011 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He's scored 2 out of 3. What Man United would give for that!

If the Posh keeper dived the other way (a coin toss) we'd be talking about what a cool penalty it was and how he'd already converted 3 from 3.

Really is a small sample to work from. Plus nerves probably played a part Saturday after he'd missed one of his previous two. The more he tucks away the more confident he will be.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:43 - Sep 2 with 1986 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 10:27 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

Norwood seems to miss a hell of a lot of chances and is far from what you'd call a natural finisher, but his work rate and movement is so good, as well as his football brain that other strikers will convert 1 chance in 3 but Norwood will convert 2 from 10, due to getting himself into so many good positions.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:45 - Sep 2 with 1978 viewsTractorCam

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but Norwood really needs to work on 11:43 - Sep 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Norwood seems to miss a hell of a lot of chances and is far from what you'd call a natural finisher, but his work rate and movement is so good, as well as his football brain that other strikers will convert 1 chance in 3 but Norwood will convert 2 from 10, due to getting himself into so many good positions.

This is exactly what Tranmere fans told us about, he will miss many 1 on 1 chances but will get the ball so much in and around those positions you won't notice when you look at his goal tally. So far so good.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024