Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? 20:57 - Jul 29 with 3518 viewsIllinoisblue

Goalie - unsure
Back four - unsure
Midfield - Skuse/Downes (if not banned) and ?
Strikers - Norwood and ?

Still, at least we have a good chance of catching Burton by surprise.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:11 - Jul 29 with 2620 viewsJDB23

I imagine it will be something of the following:

Holy
Donacien - Woolf - New CB - Kenlock (if over his illness)
Skuse
Rowe - Downes - Dozzell
Judge
Norwood

Edited to actually include 11 players! Can see Huws or Garbutt making their way into that midfield too.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 7:32]
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 2577 viewsBluefish

Holy
Donacien Woolfenden skuse kenlock
Downes Huws Dozzell
Rowe judge
Norwood

Not many others to go in as it stands are there? Garbutt? Jackson?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 2565 viewsKieran_Knows

Holy
Donacien New CB Woolfenden Kenlock
Skuse Downes Dozzell
Jackson Norwood Garbutt

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 2545 viewsCuffy81

Back four is a huge worry as it stands

Some interesting options elsewhere though and some potential impact subs.

Attack may be the best form of defence on Saturday
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:26 - Jul 29 with 2518 viewspointofblue

The definite starters are Holy, Woolfenden, Skuse and Norwood IMO - everything else has a question mark over them starting with the formation. And I have the feeling one of the starters isn't even with the club yet.

Right back will probably be Donacien but if we don't get a centre back in then he may move into the middle with Skuse moving back there or Emmanuel getting the nod. Left back will probably be Kenlock.

I think we'll go with a central three midfield with Downes, Huws and Dozzell playing those Skuse may move into midfield if Donacien is at right back/if Lambert fields a diamond. With a 4-3-3, Rowe and Garbutt will take the wide spots either side of Norwood; with 4-4-2 Jackson will be up front alongside him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:34 - Jul 29 with 2474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Holy (just possibly Norris but I doubt it)

Donacien Woolfenden AN Other (Skuse/new signing?) Kenlock

Rowe Downes Garbutt

Judge
Norwood Jackson

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Terrifying? (n/t) on 21:41 - Jul 29 with 2448 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:49 - Jul 29 with 2426 viewsIllinoisblue

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:17 - Jul 29 by Bluefish

Holy
Downes Huws Dozzell
Rowe judge
Norwood

you think Dozzell will start? I hope you're right.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:52 - Jul 29 with 2418 viewsJimmyJazz

Goalie unsure? How can you even say that after today's news? No credibility in the rest of the post in that case

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 22:02 - Jul 29 with 2396 viewsWestcountryblue

There will be some opening day nerves, so i think PL will go with his more experienced options

I'd like to see

Holy

Donacien Woolfenden New CB Kenlock

Skuse

Downes Huws
Jackson Judge
Norwood

I think Skuse, Judge and Huws have the ability to run things for us in the middle of the park, before Dozzell replaces Huws. Jackson has been great in pre season and seems to have developed a good understanding with Norwood, so must start. Let's not mess around with those two trialists, an experienced CB with pedigree next week please.
Hopefully - for Burton (n/t) on 22:04 - Jul 29 with 2386 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Terrifying? (n/t) on 21:41 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 2365 viewsLB27

My bet would be...

GK Holy

RB Donacien
CB Woolfe
CB New Signing (Guthrie?)
LB Kenlock

CM Skuse
CM Downes

RM Rowe
CAM Judge
LM Garbutt

CF Norwood

Now judge is staying I’m sure he’ll start in his preferred position behind Norwood

I’d like to see Huws start but I think he’ll go with Skuse and Downes in the holding roles
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 2364 viewsMrTown

Holy
Emmanuel - Donacien - Skuse - Kenlock
Downes - Huws
Rowe - Judge - Garbutt
Norwood

Or

Holy
Emmanuel - Donacien - Skuse - Kenlock
Rowe - Downes - Huws - Judge
Jackson - Norwood

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 22:41 - Jul 29 with 2290 viewsBluefish

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:49 - Jul 29 by Illinoisblue

you think Dozzell will start? I hope you're right.

Mainly due to lack of alternatives opposed to merit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 07:44 - Jul 30 with 2160 viewsBrazilsnuts

Going by pre-season I’d suggest the following as I think he’ll sign Guthrie. Possibly Dozzell in for Huws

––––––––-Holy––––––––-
Donacien Woolfy Guthrie Kenlock
––––––––Skuse––––––––-
––––Downs––––Huws–––––
–––––––- Judge––––––––-
–––-Norwood––-Jackson–––

GK:Norris, Dozzell, Rowe, Garbutt, Emmanuel, El Mizouni, Dobra
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:20 - Jul 30 with 2032 viewsBigManBlue

To be honest I don't even know what formation we'll play. Wouldn't surprise me if it's something we've not even seen in preseason, just have a feeling.

At a push, I'd guess;

GK Holy

RB Skuse
CB Woolfenden
CB New signing
LB Kenlock

RW Rowe
CM Downes(?)
CM Huws
LW Garbutt

CF Norwood
CF Elliot

Personally I'd like to see Donacien at RB and Jackson up front, be shocked if the former happens though. Still think the defence looks shaky but the rest of the team looks good on paper.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:26 - Jul 30 with 2006 viewschicoazul

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:17 - Jul 29 by Bluefish

Holy
Downes Huws Dozzell
Rowe judge
Norwood

Hasnt Skuse been playing RB a bit in pre-season? If so imagine he and Dona will swap but apart from that I think your team as things stand is right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:39 - Jul 30 with 1962 viewsHerbivore

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 21:34 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Holy (just possibly Norris but I doubt it)

Donacien Woolfenden AN Other (Skuse/new signing?) Kenlock

Rowe Downes Garbutt

Judge
Norwood Jackson

That's a heck of an attacking line up. Only one CM, who is young, alongside two wingers in midfield and essentially three up top. Think we'd get bossed in that central area.

It's actually quite tough to pick a side, not sure what the formation will be which doesn't make it any easier. If Bishop and Nsiala were fit I think you could easily pick 9 of the 11 without much problem, but their injuries throw things up in the air a bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 1953 viewsSomethingBlue

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:39 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

That's a heck of an attacking line up. Only one CM, who is young, alongside two wingers in midfield and essentially three up top. Think we'd get bossed in that central area.

It's actually quite tough to pick a side, not sure what the formation will be which doesn't make it any easier. If Bishop and Nsiala were fit I think you could easily pick 9 of the 11 without much problem, but their injuries throw things up in the air a bit.

As things stand I think Skuse should quite possibly play at CB. That position is an absolute disaster zone this weekend. The rest of our options look competitive despite the injuries.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 1908 viewsHerbivore

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:44 - Jul 30 by SomethingBlue

As things stand I think Skuse should quite possibly play at CB. That position is an absolute disaster zone this weekend. The rest of our options look competitive despite the injuries.

On balance I think I agree. He's not a natural CB but he's big enough to cope in the air and his experience there alongside Woolfy could be vital. I don't rate Donacien at CB.

Skuse dropping back though does leave us short of experience in midfield. Downes has to play but then who plays alongside him? I'm not sure Huws is match fit yet so possibly Dozzer, but that's quite an inexperienced midfield pairing. It's a shame Nolan isn't fit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 10:07 - Jul 30 with 1889 viewsGerkensBeard

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:59 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

On balance I think I agree. He's not a natural CB but he's big enough to cope in the air and his experience there alongside Woolfy could be vital. I don't rate Donacien at CB.

Skuse dropping back though does leave us short of experience in midfield. Downes has to play but then who plays alongside him? I'm not sure Huws is match fit yet so possibly Dozzer, but that's quite an inexperienced midfield pairing. It's a shame Nolan isn't fit.

Diamond

–––––Holy–––-
Skuse Woolf (new CB) Kenlock
––––Downes–––-
––Rowe––-Dozzell
––––Judge–––-
Jackson – Norwood

Rowe could cut it in a rcm role, don’t think Huws is fit enough to start
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 10:07 - Jul 30 with 1888 viewsportmanking

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 09:59 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I think Skuse is worldly-wise enough to get through one League One game at CB.

For what it's worth I reckon we'll see:

Holy

Donacien
Woolfenden
Skuse
Kenlock

Downes
Huws
Dozzell

Garbutt
Norwood
Judge
anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 1882 viewsMullet

PL favours Donacien as a CB, so does he not fill that gap?

Skuse at CB would want me to play a 343 but that seems odd given how we’ve lined up all summer, and would revert from it after one game.

I’d go Skuse at RB if he must play in defence and Downes and Huws in the middle.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 10:15 - Jul 30 with 1870 viewsitfcjoe

It really is still up in the air.

Gk - Holy - nailed on

RB - Donacien or Skuse - Lambert doesn't seem overly impressed with JD but he may still get the nod

CB - Woolfenden - nailed on

CB - New signing, most likely one of the trialists,

LB - Kenlock - Presuming he is over illness, or Clements

CM - Downes - if not suspended

CM - Skuse - if not right back, or Huws or Dozzell

RW - Rowe or Dozzell

LW - Judge, Garbutt or Roberts

AM/10 - Judge, or Huws or Dozzell in a deeper role

ST - Norwood

I'd say there are only 5 players who are nailed on starters in Norwood, Holy, Woolfenden and Kenlock, plus Skuse just unsure on his position.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 10:22]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

anyone got a clue what our starting 11 will be on Saturday? on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 1864 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I think defensively it's nailed on to be

Holy
Donacien - Woolfenden - Skuse/New CB - Kenlock

Midfield is a tougher one, depends on the system but if a 4-2-3-1

Huws/Dozzell - Skuse/Downes

Jackson - Judge - Rowe/Garbutt

Norwood
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024