Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else got déjà vu? 15:35 - Aug 2 with 485 viewsChris_ITFC

The centre-back problem, 2018/19:

"The biggest disappointment for me was the centre-back. I was told we’d have the money to go and replace him (Webster), but it took too long. We went into the season with Luke Chambers as the one recognised centre-back in the squad.

First game of the season we ended up starting (Janoi) Donacien at centre-back. Jordan Spence got injured, we had to move Janoi across and we brought Luke Woolfenden on, who went out to Swindon on loan.

When I brought (Toto) Nsiala in that was ahead of the second game. Then we got (Matthew) Pennington in (on loan from Everton on August 31).

That took too long. Putting the squad together needed to happen sooner."

2019-20: Different manager. Same owner. Same story.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:44]
Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:48 - Aug 2 with 425 viewsSwansea_Blue

Haven't you said that before?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 418 viewschicoazul

The only Manager under whom we didnt have ongoing CB problems was Mick. K*ane dicked McA and Delaney about; Jewell let Delaney go for free cos Delaney told him he was going to New York and replaced him with Ingimarrson; Mini Roy sold Webster cos he said Evans told him he would be able to replace him; and now we see where we are with LAmbert.

Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:54 - Aug 2 with 395 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:51 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

The only Manager under whom we didnt have ongoing CB problems was Mick. K*ane dicked McA and Delaney about; Jewell let Delaney go for free cos Delaney told him he was going to New York and replaced him with Ingimarrson; Mini Roy sold Webster cos he said Evans told him he would be able to replace him; and now we see where we are with LAmbert.

Banter Era.

Almost like Mick knew what he was doing and was a good manager - the only think Evans needed to do was reign him in and couldn't even manage that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 338 viewsPJH

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:54 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Almost like Mick knew what he was doing and was a good manager - the only think Evans needed to do was reign him in and couldn't even manage that

Every day that goes by here and has gone by here for the last 15 months proves the first part of your post.
Anyone else got déjà vu? on 16:30 - Aug 2 with 324 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else got déjà vu? on 15:54 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

That and invest some of the fees we were getting in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024