Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Roberts 10:26 - Aug 14 with 1389 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the lad. From what I saw yesterday, I feel there's unfair criticism. He's not a lone striker, he's a weak finisher too, but he doesn't do himself any harm. Excellent work rate and puts in a lot of hard work.

First half - not much service into feet, mostly running channels without the right ball into him. A lot of chasing the ball. Tough for him, but Luton largely dominated that first half.

Second half - much better. Held it up well bringing others in at times, won his headers, put himself about and works hard to pressure and close the ball down aggressively.

I like him. I'd like to see him given a chance with a partner, possibly Jackson. I think we'd be much better at pressing the ball and winning it back quicker. He's a weak finisher, won't score many but then again, he's a winger not a striker. He plays with heart and works hard, might be technically limited compared to others in the squad, but balances that out with work rates that others are lacking at times.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Jordan Roberts on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 1333 viewsPositivelyPortman

He’s unpopular because Hurst signed him.
Some people dislike Nolan, Donacien and Toto for the same reason.
They’ll argue the fact, but it’s true.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 10:46]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Jordan Roberts on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 1328 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I actually agree with most of your post.

He works very hard, gets in some good positions, has good pace, chases lost causes, but lacked a bit of composure at one or two points, had a couple of unlucky bounces/miscontrols and is not a lone striker.

At this time, he won't be first choice but a good option to have in the squad or coming off the bench.
Jordan Roberts on 11:17 - Aug 14 with 1239 viewsCoastalblue

I like him and I think he works very hard and gives his all and has at times when it seemed others weren't, unfortunately I just don't think he's that good a player beyond that and we should be striving for better.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jordan Roberts on 11:18 - Aug 14 with 1235 viewsBlueBlood90

I thought he was really good when he came on and played in his natural position at Derby away last season.

Wouldn't be against seeing him play there while Garbutt's out injured.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Jordan Roberts on 11:24 - Aug 14 with 1206 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jordan Roberts on 10:45 - Aug 14 by PositivelyPortman

He’s unpopular because Hurst signed him.
Some people dislike Nolan, Donacien and Toto for the same reason.
They’ll argue the fact, but it’s true.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 10:46]

He's unpopular cause he's sh1t

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jordan Roberts on 13:58 - Aug 14 with 1017 views44_not_out

Jordan Roberts on 11:24 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

He's unpopular cause he's sh1t

Agree!

Some of the stuff spouted on this forum about players being poor is sometimes over the top. But in Roberts case it is justified. ‘Work rate’ is just an element of a players overall ability. Ian Marshall was a lazy bastard, but had a very useful knack of scoring goals! Would I be right in thinking that Roberts has never scored for Town, despite his ‘work rate’.

I mentioned it on a previous thread, if Roberts starts a league match this season we may as well give up.

However, I’m sure he’s a smashing guy
Jordan Roberts on 14:00 - Aug 14 with 1012 viewsSteve_M

Jordan Roberts on 11:17 - Aug 14 by Coastalblue

I like him and I think he works very hard and gives his all and has at times when it seemed others weren't, unfortunately I just don't think he's that good a player beyond that and we should be striving for better.

Agreed. He works hard but isn't very good. Worth keeping as someone who will work hard and put himself about but it is a concern that he is our third striker until December.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024