Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? 16:09 - Aug 15 with 2285 viewsITFCBlues

I presume he'd cost more than say Elliott when factoring in wages etc - but i'd much rather Keane. A player that's still got a chance play higher up the leagues and if he stays fit could play a massive part in not just this season, but also the next few.

He was decent last season as well. Obviously a risk with his injury record, but i'd rather that than Elliott.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:13 - Aug 15 with 2257 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I like Keane as a player.

But he is 27 this season and;

Has never played more than 20 games in a season.

His second best tally of games in a season is 13.

He has scored 8 league goals in his career.

Technically a very good player, but I cant see him contributing consistently.

Elliot doesnt inspire huge confidence, but more likely to be able to contribute.

Neither would be my first choice as a new signing.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:13]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:15 - Aug 15 with 2226 viewsKieran_Knows

Hopefully not coming here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:16 - Aug 15 with 2215 viewsITFCBlues

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:13 - Aug 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I like Keane as a player.

But he is 27 this season and;

Has never played more than 20 games in a season.

His second best tally of games in a season is 13.

He has scored 8 league goals in his career.

Technically a very good player, but I cant see him contributing consistently.

Elliot doesnt inspire huge confidence, but more likely to be able to contribute.

Neither would be my first choice as a new signing.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:13]

He's 26. I see all your points. He's obviously spent a fair amount of time out injured. Just feel that he's probably about as good as we can attract right now. Really don't want someone like Elliott who doesn't really have any potential to improve and has never scored goals.

In reality, we wouldn't even be talking about Keane if he hadn't had the previous injury problems as he'd be playing at a higher level by now.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:18 - Aug 15 with 2199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 16:16 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

He's 26. I see all your points. He's obviously spent a fair amount of time out injured. Just feel that he's probably about as good as we can attract right now. Really don't want someone like Elliott who doesn't really have any potential to improve and has never scored goals.

In reality, we wouldn't even be talking about Keane if he hadn't had the previous injury problems as he'd be playing at a higher level by now.

I didnt say he isnt 26.

My point isnt based on ability, its based on being able to get on the pitch on a consistent basis, I dont believe Keane can do that.

Im no Elliot fan, but he is more of a goal scorer than Keane based on comparison of records.

Due to his INJURY record, I wouldnt sign Keane.

Of those linked, I would probably prefer Leon Clarke.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:19]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:42 - Aug 15 with 1964 viewsNaylorsboots

I dont get this thing with wages. He hasnt got a club, so has no wages. Some money would be better than none wouldnt it?
Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:46 - Aug 15 with 1952 viewsKeaneish

If we had the choice of signing any free agent, i'd go for Murphy any day over Keane on a season long contract despite his age. We know he can play the LW and CF roles well and is a better for for what we need right now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:47 - Aug 15 with 1941 viewsbobbyramsey

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:42 - Aug 15 by Naylorsboots

I dont get this thing with wages. He hasnt got a club, so has no wages. Some money would be better than none wouldnt it?

I always wondered about this too, why would someone who's unemployed turn down work in their chosen field?
Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:57 - Aug 15 with 1900 viewsGuthrum

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:42 - Aug 15 by Naylorsboots

Things change a bit when you're dealing with people who do not have to find work immediately in order to pay the bills. By accepting lower wages, he reduces his earning potential from the next employer.

Moreover, being a free agent, he could still potentially sign for a Championship club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:02 - Aug 15 with 1881 viewsjas0999

Hopefully going to another club. We have enough injuries and can’t afford to carry a player who doesn’t play anywhere near often enough. He’s injury prone.
Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:03 - Aug 15 with 1876 viewsITFC_Forever

Going elsewhere with any luck.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:07 - Aug 15 with 1868 viewsBlueBlood90

Don't understand why so many people want Keane when he's another complete sick note. We need players who are capable of playing 40 games a season, not 15.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:40 - Aug 15 with 1791 viewsJeff_winger

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:46 - Aug 15 by Keaneish

If we had the choice of signing any free agent, i'd go for Murphy any day over Keane on a season long contract despite his age. We know he can play the LW and CF roles well and is a better for for what we need right now.

Murphy isn't a free agent.
That makes it a hard deal to get done, why would forest pick up most his wages if he was loaned to us.
Why would Murphy drop a wage
Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:51 - Aug 15 with 1757 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 18:40 - Aug 15 by Jeff_winger

Murphy isn't a free agent.
That makes it a hard deal to get done, why would forest pick up most his wages if he was loaned to us.
Why would Murphy drop a wage

No one said he would.

Suspect it would be a case of forest settling his contract (or part thereof), and releasing him.

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 19:26 - Aug 15 with 1685 viewsIllinoisblue

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:47 - Aug 15 by bobbyramsey

I always wondered about this too, why would someone who's unemployed turn down work in their chosen field?

because, if he's been sensible with his cash, he's probably set for life despite having never really achieved anything in the game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 10:17 - Aug 16 with 1225 viewsrickw

Any idea what's happening with Will Keane? on 17:47 - Aug 15 by bobbyramsey

He was on £20k a week and still see's that as his value, give it enough time and he'll realise £2k per week is better than nothing

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024