Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert 20:09 - Aug 18 with 1652 viewsBlackboots

It is a game that I’d have thought the vast majority of us will be expecting a decent performance and a positive result.

Burton, Sunderland and Peterborough are all teams we have played in recent seasons in the championship. Burton and Peterborough being away meant that most supporters probably would have taken a draw before the game and so the 3 points at Burton was a bonus. Sunderland are a big club at this level and the favourites to go up. The crowd and atmosphere made it feel like a championship match.

Tuesday will be different. A club who have never played above the division they are now in (I mean AFC I remember the “original” Wimbledon very well), a team who narrowly avoided relegation to the fourth division and who presumably will be very happy if they can come away with a point. It’s going to be tough especially if we don’t get an early goal. If it doesn’t go well I anticipate a lot of fans will get restless with the early season optimism and positivity replaced by moans and groans.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:06 - Aug 18 with 1457 viewsSomethingBlue

It is one where we are all — players, fans — going to have to make sure we don't go in assuming the job will look after itself. In a way it's our first really "League One" test and, obviously, it's one we ought to be winning. But we have to expect AFCW to raise their game by 10-20% and try to make it as tough as hell for us. In theory it's a win by a couple of goals or so but we can't turn up waiting for it.

I still remember, clear as day, starting 2002/03 very well after we'd come down from the PL and thinking we'd probably p7ss the whole thing. Then in our fourth game we played a workaday Bradford side at home, everybody expected a few goals, we duly went one up at the start and I for one thought we'd go on to get three or four but then we threw it away from nowhere, losing 2-1 to Ashley Ward & co. We never recovered that season and still haven't. Let's not do that again.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 22:08]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 1361 viewsMaySixth

We will win 2-0.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:33 - Aug 18 with 1335 viewsCoastalblue

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:21 - Aug 18 by MaySixth

We will win 2-0.

4-2

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:50 - Aug 18 with 1282 viewsGirthyguy

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 22:21 - Aug 18 by MaySixth

We will win 2-0.

3-1.
Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 23:23 - Aug 18 with 1232 viewsBlueBadger

We will win 2-0.

At the risk of several thousand downvotes, we will lose 1-0 to a side with 11 behind the ball with their one shot on goal. It's the Ipswich Way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 23:35 - Aug 18 with 1198 viewsParisBlue

Wimbledon on Tuesday is a real test for the team and Lambert on 23:23 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

At the risk of several thousand downvotes, we will lose 1-0 to a side with 11 behind the ball with their one shot on goal. It's the Ipswich Way.

And was the Tranmere way back in the day.

In addition to not doing anything stupid defensively, the real test will be whether we have the attacking guile and flexibility if things aren't going our way. We should win (and I'm expecting us to) but if it's dodgy on 70 mins do we have the options to find that goal?

Until Sears and Morris/Folami are back we're desperately short up front. I'd like the squad to have 4 strikers but we have just the 2 (I don't think we should count Roberts)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024