Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A12 roadworks 08:19 - Aug 20 with 2395 viewsskyblue23

Does anybody know about the roadworks happening between 9pm - 5am on the A12 near Colchester?

I live just off the A12 near the BMW garage and obviously use the A12 to come home. Anybody know the quickest diversion to get home from Portman Road tonight?

Thanks

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

A12 roadworks on 08:31 - Aug 20 with 2349 viewshomer_123

Via Gatwick

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A12 roadworks on 08:37 - Aug 20 with 2335 viewsgmanrom

A12 roadworks on 08:31 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Via Gatwick

Through Langham or Ardleigh will surely be your best bet

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

A12 roadworks on 08:41 - Aug 20 with 2328 viewsskyblue23

A12 roadworks on 08:37 - Aug 20 by gmanrom

Through Langham or Ardleigh will surely be your best bet

That's what I'm hoping but I'm unsure how far down the A12 I'll be able to get before it throws you off

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

A12 roadworks on 08:49 - Aug 20 with 2315 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

A12 roadworks on 08:41 - Aug 20 by skyblue23

That's what I'm hoping but I'm unsure how far down the A12 I'll be able to get before it throws you off

Just had a look on roadworks.org, dosen't seem to be any planned tonight unless I am missing something? I come off at the A120 so it may be after then and I have just haven't looked that far South.

Where are you heading?

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

A12 roadworks on 08:53 - Aug 20 with 2302 viewsMrTown

I was in Easthorpe last night, when i came home it threw me off didnt realise.

Joined the A120, go Colchester Road through Ardleigh, Lamb Corner, through Dednham and get back on there I would have thought.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A12 roadworks on 08:53 - Aug 20 with 2301 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

A12 roadworks on 08:49 - Aug 20 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Just had a look on roadworks.org, dosen't seem to be any planned tonight unless I am missing something? I come off at the A120 so it may be after then and I have just haven't looked that far South.

Where are you heading?

Removed Post
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 8:55]

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

A12 roadworks on 09:07 - Aug 20 with 2264 viewsSWGF

Previously, when they've been planning to shut the A12 in the evenings, they've delayed it until 10:30pm-ish to allow the football traffic to get through. In the past, the club have had details on the club site.

If they don't tonight, they're pushing everyone through Brantham/Manningtree/Lawford, I think.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A12 roadworks on 09:11 - Aug 20 with 2250 viewsSWGF

A12 roadworks on 08:41 - Aug 20 by skyblue23

If roadworks are between Stratford St Mary and Ardleigh Crown, you'd hope you'll be able to get as far as the Dedham/Stratford Junction. The official diversion is from the "Toys R Us" roundabout back to Wherstead/Jimmy's Farm and then thro the villages. I hope the traffic lights near Manningtree station have gone otherwise there'll be tailbacks to Ipswich!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Login to get fewer ads

A12 roadworks on 09:13 - Aug 20 with 2240 viewsGlebeTractor

It is definatley closed, it was the other night, I'd suggest going to manningtree, through lawford and come through the little lanes into ardleigh.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

A12 roadworks on 09:14 - Aug 20 with 2234 viewsskyblue23

A12 roadworks on 09:11 - Aug 20 by SWGF

If roadworks are between Stratford St Mary and Ardleigh Crown, you'd hope you'll be able to get as far as the Dedham/Stratford Junction. The official diversion is from the "Toys R Us" roundabout back to Wherstead/Jimmy's Farm and then thro the villages. I hope the traffic lights near Manningtree station have gone otherwise there'll be tailbacks to Ipswich!

Perfect thanks for the info. Only trying to be proactive because I need to get home to let the mother in law go home from babysitting. I'll try get as far down the a12 as possible but if that fails I'll go through the villages!

A12 roadworks on 09:19 - Aug 20 with 2220 viewsSWGF

A12 roadworks on 09:14 - Aug 20 by skyblue23

Perfect thanks for the info. Only trying to be proactive because I need to get home to let the mother in law go home from babysitting. I'll try get as far down the a12 as possible but if that fails I'll go through the villages!

I'm in the same boat. Will depend on whether they allow us onto the A12 at all or push everyone thro Manningtree etc. If they do, it'll be carnage.

If that were the case, I wonder, if you used the "old" A12 to Copdock, you could get onto the A12 for a stretch?

I'll see if the club knows. The 1000s of Wimbledon fans will have the same problem.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:56]

A12 roadworks on 09:20 - Aug 20 with 2216 viewsbluefunk

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/a12-overnight-closures-august-2019-1-6198013
A12 roadworks on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 2098 viewsbluelagos

A12 roadworks on 09:11 - Aug 20 by SWGF

Traffic lights still there (On approach to the railway crossing / bridge)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A12 roadworks on 12:09 - Aug 20 with 2068 viewsSWGF

A12 roadworks on 11:48 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

Traffic lights still there (On approach to the railway crossing / bridge)

Bloody hell. They can't be pushing all A14/A12 traffic through Brantham can they?!

A12 roadworks on 12:18 - Aug 20 with 2056 viewsbluelagos

A12 roadworks on 12:09 - Aug 20 by SWGF

Bloody hell. They can't be pushing all A14/A12 traffic through Brantham can they?!

They do it every night this week I think. Suspect they'll delay it tonight though (sure they will)

A12 roadworks on 14:20 - Aug 20 with 1959 viewspimballwizard

My average journey time from Staines to Ipswich and v v on a Tuesday night game is circa 2 hours each way.

Have decided to knock it on the head as forecasts on TRAFFICENGLAND.com suggest A12 extra 30mins (minimum) down to J28 Brentwood (SH1tstreet roundabout) and the northern section of the M25 down to J13 Staines likely to be down to one lane in (many ) places due to barrier repairs/ general maintenance overnight etc etc

Good luck people ...
A12 roadworks on 14:51 - Aug 20 with 1910 viewsSWGF

A12 roadworks on 12:18 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

They do it every night this week I think. Suspect they'll delay it tonight though (sure they will)

In the past, the club have communicated something to the effect that there are roadworks but they will be delayed. Don't think there has been anything from them on this occasion, not even to say that there are roadworks in the first place.

A12 roadworks on 14:55 - Aug 20 with 1900 viewsbluelagos

Suggests A12 southbound will be open? Fingers crossed.

A12 roadworks on 15:55 - Aug 20 with 1866 viewslinhdi

A12 roadworks on 14:51 - Aug 20 by SWGF

In the past, the club have communicated something to the effect that there are roadworks but they will be delayed. Don't think there has been anything from them on this occasion, not even to say that there are roadworks in the first place.

The announcement says northbound A12 tonight, North- and southbound tomorrow.

Although this is hopeful, we all know from late night driving back from games that plans can change.
A12 roadworks on 19:13 - Aug 20 with 1809 viewsSWGF

A12 roadworks on 14:55 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

Suggests A12 southbound will be open? Fingers crossed.

Yep
Hope so

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024