Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood and Jackson 13:41 - Aug 27 with 2434 viewsGerkensBeard

Both have similar traits but work so well together.
I’d say they’re both strong, Jackson’s rapid and Norwood is no slouch.
Both love to run in behind.
Norwood proving he’s good in the air and can hold the ball up.
With them both on the song I can’t see how our other strikers when fit could displace them. Keane and Sears can both provide something different.
Keane is the most technically gifted of all where as Sears also loves running in behind and when he’s in a 2 has proved he is a good finisher.

Just an appreciation post really. Very happy with our striking options.
Norwood and Jackson on 13:48 - Aug 27 with 2387 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Norwood and Jackson on 14:02 - Aug 27 with 2308 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think if fit, Sears wouldve been a 20+ goals a season man.

We shouldn't write him off too soon.

Given the amount of games we could play this season, its great that we will (hopefully) have 4 good strikers in the second half of the season. Its likely that come January Jackson and Norwood would benefit from a rest.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood and Jackson on 14:04 - Aug 27 with 2300 viewsDarth_Koont

There are certain physical similarities but they aren't that similar in where they are most effective.

Norwood seems to be much more of a down-the-middle player who is comfortable back to goal or challenging the CBs in the air. That's not Jackson who I can't really remember doing any of that to any great effect last season bar a few isolated occasions. But with Norwood there he's free to run in the channels and use space out wide where he is a huge threat to a back line.

Sears for me covers and competes with Jackson, Keane doubles up with Norwood. The good news is that I think all could potentially play as a two anyway - either by doubling up on the threat or, as Norwood and Jackson show, asking different questions.

On a side note, hopefully Jackson's second goal v Bolton is the start of them combining better. Norwood's glancing header into Jackson's path meant he was straight past the defender and in on goal using his pace. But that needed a better/luckier ball from Judge. If we can improve the service to the forward players knowing their strengths and weaknesses i.e. high balls to Jackson are largely pointless then we could become much more dangerous. Over the past year or more we have looked a bit disjointed and clueless on that score.

Pronouns: He/Him

Norwood and Jackson on 14:05 - Aug 27 with 2295 viewschicoazul

Obvs a lot of water to pass under a lot of bridges but they do seem to work well together and complement one another. What was the last truly effective striking partnership we had?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Norwood and Jackson on 14:07 - Aug 27 with 2284 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do you really believe this? Jackson has been pilloried TWTD and was recently dropped by Lambo who clearly doesn't rate him and has been fishing in the reject barrel. Sears IF fit and played in his correct position would get a lot of goals in this division as would Keane. Doubt either will ever be fit though, so this is pure conjecture. Meanwhile, given he has no alternatives Lambo will pretend the Jackson Norwwood axis was his idea all along,

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwood and Jackson on 14:09 - Aug 27 with 2271 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood and Jackson on 14:07 - Aug 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Do you really believe this? Jackson has been pilloried TWTD and was recently dropped by Lambo who clearly doesn't rate him and has been fishing in the reject barrel. Sears IF fit and played in his correct position would get a lot of goals in this division as would Keane. Doubt either will ever be fit though, so this is pure conjecture. Meanwhile, given he has no alternatives Lambo will pretend the Jackson Norwwood axis was his idea all along,

Oh do clear off.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood and Jackson on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 2176 viewsSteve_M

Norwood and Jackson on 14:05 - Aug 27 by chicoazul

Obvs a lot of water to pass under a lot of bridges but they do seem to work well together and complement one another. What was the last truly effective striking partnership we had?

Murphy & McGoldrick in 14-15, indeed Murphy & Sears that same season.

We had decent strikers as recently as 17-18 too although there was never any clear partnership even if they combined well on occasions (McGoldrick taking the piss out of Millwall defenders to set up Waghorn for example).
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 15:31]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood and Jackson on 14:44 - Aug 27 with 2154 viewsGerkensBeard

Norwood and Jackson on 14:38 - Aug 27 by Steve_M

Murphy & McGoldrick in 14-15, indeed Murphy & Sears that same season.

We had decent strikers as recently as 17-18 too although there was never any clear partnership even if they combined well on occasions (McGoldrick taking the piss out of Millwall defenders to set up Waghorn for example).
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 15:31]

Murphy was unplayable that season. Big, strong, won everything in the air, everything he hit went in. The ball stuck to his feet and even had pace. I don’t know where it came from! He’d always been fairly average before that. I remember commenting to my mate the season before 14-15 saying if only Murphy had a touch like mcgoldrick. Because he never had a first touch. Then suddenly he just became a machine.
Norwood could be like Murph was. Approaching their peak through years of hard work and determination. Not the most technically gifted but know how to use what they had. Could easily see Norwood playing championship football the next 3/4 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood and Jackson on 14:48 - Aug 27 with 2137 viewsStokieBlue

Norwood and Jackson on 14:44 - Aug 27 by GerkensBeard

Murphy was unplayable that season. Big, strong, won everything in the air, everything he hit went in. The ball stuck to his feet and even had pace. I don’t know where it came from! He’d always been fairly average before that. I remember commenting to my mate the season before 14-15 saying if only Murphy had a touch like mcgoldrick. Because he never had a first touch. Then suddenly he just became a machine.
Norwood could be like Murph was. Approaching their peak through years of hard work and determination. Not the most technically gifted but know how to use what they had. Could easily see Norwood playing championship football the next 3/4 years.

He could have been playing championship football this year couldn't he? Didn't he turn down a couple of championship clubs?

He's looking like a great signing. Glad to see Jackson coming good as well, some very unfair treatment on here last year.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood and Jackson on 14:52 - Aug 27 with 2125 viewsSteve_M

Norwood and Jackson on 14:44 - Aug 27 by GerkensBeard

Murphy was also excellent from about February of 2014, he stepped up after McGoldrick's injury and didn't let off again until Summer 2015. He's not got the fitness to play all season like that now but he's still played to the same level when I've seen him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood and Jackson on 15:02 - Aug 27 with 2074 viewsGerkensBeard

Norwood and Jackson on 14:52 - Aug 27 by Steve_M

Murphy was also excellent from about February of 2014, he stepped up after McGoldrick's injury and didn't let off again until Summer 2015. He's not got the fitness to play all season like that now but he's still played to the same level when I've seen him.

Yes he can still play that level. When Forest fans signed him at 35 they couldn’t believe how quick he was
Norwood and Jackson on 15:16 - Aug 27 with 2020 viewsKeaneish

Norwood and Jackson on 14:02 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think if fit, Sears wouldve been a 20+ goals a season man.

We shouldn't write him off too soon.

Given the amount of games we could play this season, its great that we will (hopefully) have 4 good strikers in the second half of the season. Its likely that come January Jackson and Norwood would benefit from a rest.

Agreed. He was banging them in for Colchester at that level.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood and Jackson on 17:33 - Aug 27 with 1880 viewsGarv

I don't see Sears as as much of a runner in behind these days.

He's not lightning, and he's so used to dropping deep and playing narrow having played left wing for 4 years, I don't think it's his game anymore.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood and Jackson on 18:20 - Aug 27 with 1810 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood and Jackson on 17:33 - Aug 27 by Garv

I don't see Sears as as much of a runner in behind these days.

He's not lightning, and he's so used to dropping deep and playing narrow having played left wing for 4 years, I don't think it's his game anymore.

not when he is being asked to play left wing, no. But it probably is when he is asked to play up top in a two. It's not an ability you just lose.

I think Norwood and Jackson are different but complement each other well. They also work well with the system we are playing when they are together.

I would imagine most of our other strikers would work well with Norwood too. The question would be how well another combination would work should Norwood be unavailable.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024