Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham trains 11:21 - Aug 27 with 1598 viewsitfcreuser

No direct trains to gillingham on the 21st september

canveyblue

Gillingham trains on 11:34 - Aug 27 with 1577 viewsSteve_M

Yes, but it's a bus for one stop from Rochester to Gillingham at the end so only a few minutes. Bit of a pain but not like going half the way on a bus.

Annoying though it's 45 minutes from St Pancras otherwise.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gillingham trains on 13:09 - Aug 27 with 1453 viewsTractorCam

Just a small rail replacement bus, shouldn't cause any major issues.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Gillingham trains on 13:32 - Aug 27 with 1393 viewsFPL_Tractor

It's about 45-60 minutes walk from Rochester Station (where the train finishes). Rochester has some good pubs so i'd recommend taking a long stroll and partaking in a few beers on the way. Chatham and Gillingham are less good so perhaps make one stop there to break the journey!

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Gillingham trains on 16:06 - Aug 27 with 1273 viewsRadlett_blue

Gillingham trains on 13:32 - Aug 27 by FPL_Tractor

It's about 45-60 minutes walk from Rochester Station (where the train finishes). Rochester has some good pubs so i'd recommend taking a long stroll and partaking in a few beers on the way. Chatham and Gillingham are less good so perhaps make one stop there to break the journey!

Yes, less than 3 miles from Rochester Station to the Priestfield Stadium. From my recollection, the area around the ground isn't much fun so getting off at Rochester, having a beer & then getting a taxi isn't a bad option.
Is it still a temporary open stand in the away end?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Gillingham trains on 16:17 - Aug 27 with 1258 viewsSteve_M

Gillingham trains on 16:06 - Aug 27 by Radlett_blue

Yes, less than 3 miles from Rochester Station to the Priestfield Stadium. From my recollection, the area around the ground isn't much fun so getting off at Rochester, having a beer & then getting a taxi isn't a bad option.
Is it still a temporary open stand in the away end?

Yep, the 'temporary' one was still there when we played them last July. The one fairly decent away pub that used to be there a decade ago was a fast food shop though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gillingham trains on 16:24 - Aug 27 with 1248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure there ever was a station at Gillingham http://www.geograph.org.uk/gallery/the_waveney_valley_railway_beccles_to_tivetsh

The X2 from Beccles gets there in less than 5 minutes and you can even walk it in 30 minutes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillingham,_Norfolk

However, I think the ground is another 130 miles away.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Gillingham trains on 16:41 - Aug 27 with 1222 viewsRadlett_blue

Gillingham trains on 16:17 - Aug 27 by Steve_M

Yep, the 'temporary' one was still there when we played them last July. The one fairly decent away pub that used to be there a decade ago was a fast food shop though.

Almost all designated "away pubs" are awful. It's not usually hard to find a decent "neutral" pub if you avoid the ones very close to the ground.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024