Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today 11:49 - Sep 9 with 909 viewsHeathlander

Here we go....
Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 11:53 - Sep 9 with 883 viewsfooters

All right for some, eh.

No matter that we're less than two months away from a cliff-edge exit, let's just put up a 'Gone fishin'' sign on Parliament. That'll learn them Brussels bureaucrats.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 12:04 - Sep 9 with 851 viewsGuthrum

Also means the Government can't pass or amend legislation in that time. We don't lose that many days when Parliament would normally be meeting (given the traditional conference season recess). Plus the crucial piece of blocking legislation has been passed (tho still not gained Royal Assent yet).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 12:14 - Sep 9 with 816 viewsRyorry

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 12:04 - Sep 9 by Guthrum

Also means the Government can't pass or amend legislation in that time. We don't lose that many days when Parliament would normally be meeting (given the traditional conference season recess). Plus the crucial piece of blocking legislation has been passed (tho still not gained Royal Assent yet).

"tho still not gained Royal Assent yet"

Brings to mind my last day at school, when I cycled (cautiously!) round the school corridors as a comedy 2 fingers up gesture of defiance. I'd love Her Maj, at 93, to come up with some kind of 2-fingered "non" at Boris & then abdicate in a gesture of her own defiance - although not for this particular bit of legislation, obvs!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 13:22 - Sep 9 with 736 viewsWeWereZombies

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 12:14 - Sep 9 by Ryorry

"tho still not gained Royal Assent yet"

Brings to mind my last day at school, when I cycled (cautiously!) round the school corridors as a comedy 2 fingers up gesture of defiance. I'd love Her Maj, at 93, to come up with some kind of 2-fingered "non" at Boris & then abdicate in a gesture of her own defiance - although not for this particular bit of legislation, obvs!

Borrow one of the police horses and get it to dump outside the front door of No. 10?

Johnson would never notice and go and step straight in it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 13:54 - Sep 9 with 681 viewsOldsmoker

Perhaps there'll be more 'Ahhhh Bless' stories on the news.
The media might turn the spotlight on the DWP, NHS etc. which won't be good for the Tories election hopes.
Johnson must be cursing that no Royal is pregnant at the mo'.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 14:00 - Sep 9 with 665 viewsRyorry

Parliament shutting down for five weeks at COP today on 13:54 - Sep 9 by Oldsmoker

Perhaps there'll be more 'Ahhhh Bless' stories on the news.
The media might turn the spotlight on the DWP, NHS etc. which won't be good for the Tories election hopes.
Johnson must be cursing that no Royal is pregnant at the mo'.

"Johnson must be cursing that no Royal is pregnant at the mo'."

Nor a wedding or "convenient" war ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024