Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 2 musings 10:14 - Sep 9 with 1750 viewsDyland

I work with a Stevenage fan and they sacked their manager Dino Maamria at the weekend. He showed me this amazing tackle by Maamria, and an equally amazing refereeing decision -

Stevenage's poor start to the season would of course have seen them rooted to the bottom of the table if Hurst and Doig weren't managing in the same division.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

League 2 musings on 10:57 - Sep 9 with 1615 viewsBluefish

I did one like that in my playing days after losing the plot against a player that I'd had run ins with for years. I told him next time he gets the ball I'm having him and did similar. I walked straight off before the ref could get there. I was a horrible pr1ck when I played sometimes, it is surprising that I am such a nice bloke these days.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

League 2 musings on 10:59 - Sep 9 with 1598 viewsDyland

League 2 musings on 10:57 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

I did one like that in my playing days after losing the plot against a player that I'd had run ins with for years. I told him next time he gets the ball I'm having him and did similar. I walked straight off before the ref could get there. I was a horrible pr1ck when I played sometimes, it is surprising that I am such a nice bloke these days.

Alright then Keano, calm down.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

League 2 musings on 11:06 - Sep 9 with 1580 viewsBluefish

League 2 musings on 10:59 - Sep 9 by Dyland

Alright then Keano, calm down.

He is a softy, sh*t scared of Jonny Walters

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

League 2 musings on 14:17 - Sep 9 with 1411 viewsitfc_bucks

League 2 musings on 10:57 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

Must say I remember putting in a few cynical ones., mostly on fast, skilful wingers.

Playing as a goalkeeper both times. One where a cross came in and their winger had been skinning my fullback all game. I decided to take him out, went "for the ball" and double punched him in the cheek. Sparko. The ref waved play on.

The other was again, where my fullback was being rinsed, ball came over the top and we both went for it, he got there first and would've bagged an easy tap in, I decided I had to bring him down. Four studs in the ankle seemed to do the trick!

The yellow card that followed was written up by the report as "taking one for the team".
League 2 musings on 23:02 - Sep 9 with 1208 viewsbackinbeige

Mark Sampson, the previous England Women’s manager, is the caretaker now. England binned him after he was accused of being racist to a few players and they then found him guilty of a vaguely worded crime of inappropriate messages, if I remember (Sky Sports News at lunchtime) correctly.

He took a coaching job at Stevenage in the summer after he felt he’d done his penance since he was sacked in 2017, and now has been bumped up to the big job.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

League 2 musings on 18:23 - Sep 10 with 967 viewsbritbiker

League 2 musings on 14:17 - Sep 9 by itfc_bucks

Must say I remember putting in a few cynical ones., mostly on fast, skilful wingers.

Playing as a goalkeeper both times. One where a cross came in and their winger had been skinning my fullback all game. I decided to take him out, went "for the ball" and double punched him in the cheek. Sparko. The ref waved play on.

The other was again, where my fullback was being rinsed, ball came over the top and we both went for it, he got there first and would've bagged an easy tap in, I decided I had to bring him down. Four studs in the ankle seemed to do the trick!

The yellow card that followed was written up by the report as "taking one for the team".

I remember playing a five a side league game in Basildon one sunday evening and the opposition defender was an 18 stone fat lump. We absolutely battered them and he tried to push me over and stated "football is a mans game". I nearly peed myself laughing as I had just finisged a game of rugby and the day before I played a game of american football when we put over 60 points against his team. ( he clearly hadnt recognised me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024