Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - 00:11 - Sep 10 with 1672 viewsRyorry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49641823

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 00:16 - Sep 10 with 1642 viewsGuthrum

Strauss is very deserving, as a top player, captain, administrator and now for his charitable work.

Boycott would, I think, have been honoured years ago were it not for his habit of rubbing people up the wrong way.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 05:44 - Sep 10 with 1582 viewsRyorry

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 00:16 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Strauss is very deserving, as a top player, captain, administrator and now for his charitable work.

Boycott would, I think, have been honoured years ago were it not for his habit of rubbing people up the wrong way.

... and a conviction for assault on his wife. Admired Boycs as a player, and enjoy his commentary for his knowledge & insight, but ...

100% agree re Strauss, fully deserved.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:05 - Sep 10 with 1458 viewsSteve_M

I think the conviction for beating up his ex-partner is a good reason why he shouldn't have one now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:18 - Sep 10 with 1433 viewshampstead_blue

Boycott should have been given this yeas ago.

Strauss is well deserving also. A great servant to the game and has done an awful lot. With the death of his wife he also shows his class with ongoing support for others.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:25 - Sep 10 with 1421 viewsITFC_Forever

Resignation Honours?

Sounds like something of a back-handed compliment.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:25 - Sep 10 with 1423 viewsPJH

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:18 - Sep 10 by hampstead_blue

Boycott should have been given this yeas ago.

Strauss is well deserving also. A great servant to the game and has done an awful lot. With the death of his wife he also shows his class with ongoing support for others.

Boycott WAS given the Knighthood upwards of 40 years ago, in Yorkshire.

I think that he and Andrew Strauss both deserve it.
Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:26 - Sep 10 with 1418 viewsGuthrum

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 05:44 - Sep 10 by Ryorry

... and a conviction for assault on his wife. Admired Boycs as a player, and enjoy his commentary for his knowledge & insight, but ...

That too, altho I was thinking before even then.

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:46 - Sep 10 with 1387 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing in the Beeb article about Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill!

Is this the same Nick Timothy who lost May her vital majority, that then led to £bn bribes being needed to shore up the government position with a bunch of homophobic, climate change denying anti-abortionists?

And he gets rewarded for that?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 8:47]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:49 - Sep 10 with 1371 viewsGuthrum

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:46 - Sep 10 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing in the Beeb article about Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill!

Is this the same Nick Timothy who lost May her vital majority, that then led to £bn bribes being needed to shore up the government position with a bunch of homophobic, climate change denying anti-abortionists?

And he gets rewarded for that?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 8:47]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/10/theresa-may-accused-of-cronyism

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:51 - Sep 10 with 1367 viewsSwansea_Blue

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:49 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/10/theresa-may-accused-of-cronyism

Good. I hadn't seen any of the press reaction to this, but glad to see someone is pointing out how ludicrous those two honours are.

Mind you the whole system is a bit ameateur and could do with an overhaul.

Edit - good God, some of the others in there too. Cash for peerages anyone?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 8:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 10:27 - Sep 10 with 1312 viewsElephantintheRoom

When you consider she gave her two clueless advisers an honour and knighted a useless former housing minister who ignored an enquiry into the dangers of inflammable cladding on high rise buildings for poor people (with predictable and unfortunate consequences) you could say both are backhanded compliments.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 1260 viewsAlan_Handsome

yeh, that or the fact he beat the sh1t out of his Mrs.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 13:20 - Sep 10 with 1200 viewsLankHenners

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 08:05 - Sep 10 by Steve_M

I think the conviction for beating up his ex-partner is a good reason why he shouldn't have one now.

And his comment about his chances of getting a knighthood would be higher if he ‘blacked up’. Although of course that went down very well with the ‘you can’t say anything these days’ and ‘tell it like it is’ crews.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 13:40 - Sep 10 with 1169 viewsvilanovablue

Listening to Boycott on the Today programme this morning made me think that Boycott didn't deserve his at all. The subject of the assault was raised by the interviewer and his response was dreadful.

I don't doubt he has made an enormous contribution to cricket as a player and journalist but he really is an odious man.
Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 14:20 - Sep 10 with 1131 viewsBigManBlue

Why should you take an immediate dislike to Geoffrey Boycott?

It'll save you time.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 15:38 - Sep 10 with 1086 viewsGeoffSentence

Arise Sir Geoffrey and Sir Andrew - on 05:44 - Sep 10 by Ryorry

Personally I don't think Boycott should have been honoured.

In my view you should be squeaky clean to recieve one of the country's top honours.

No convictions, no dodgy tax avoidance, nothing dodgy at all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024