Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eng-er-land 20:33 - Sep 10 with 1879 viewsitfcjoe

Great fun to watch this young, exciting and fast team going at it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Eng-er-land on 20:35 - Sep 10 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. For the first time in ages I have enjoyed an international break. Not just because of England but they have been a big part.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eng-er-land on 20:38 - Sep 10 with 1838 viewsquirkie

You just know already England will get to the Euros next June and lose all 3 games.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Eng-er-land on 20:45 - Sep 10 with 1797 viewsOldsmoker

Eng-er-land on 20:38 - Sep 10 by quirkie

You just know already England will get to the Euros next June and lose all 3 games.

Is that you Roy?
I thought you were on ITV posing as a pundit.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Eng-er-land on 20:45 - Sep 10 with 1797 viewsFtnfwest

The third goal was amusing when the ‘injured’ Kosovan hopped off the pitch and then rolled back on it to try to stop play
Eng-er-land on 20:51 - Sep 10 with 1765 viewsGirthyguy

Eng-er-land on 20:38 - Sep 10 by quirkie

This team is far better than the so called golden generation more like golden shower. First time I've felt this good about an England side since euro 96. We won't lose all 3 games. Not a chance.
Eng-er-land on 20:56 - Sep 10 with 1737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Eng-er-land on 20:51 - Sep 10 by Girthyguy

This team is far better than the so called golden generation more like golden shower. First time I've felt this good about an England side since euro 96. We won't lose all 3 games. Not a chance.

Not so good defensively but better to watch.

I don't know if it is Southgate's managerial prowess, picking players on form and who are likely to work together in the system or not having the established pros who are sure of their place regardless of performance level. Probably all of those coupled with some good young attacking talent.

Of course we will struggle against the better sides. We always do, but Southgate didn't do too badly even against them in the World Cup.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Eng-er-land on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 1712 viewsMVBlue

Eng-er-land on 20:45 - Sep 10 by Ftnfwest

The third goal was amusing when the ‘injured’ Kosovan hopped off the pitch and then rolled back on it to try to stop play

Crazy match. Just saw Celina.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Eng-er-land on 21:05 - Sep 10 with 1677 viewsBryanPlug

Eng-er-land on 20:51 - Sep 10 by Girthyguy

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Eng-er-land on 21:13 - Sep 10 with 1652 viewsStokieBlue

Eng-er-land on 20:56 - Sep 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not so good defensively but better to watch.

I don't know if it is Southgate's managerial prowess, picking players on form and who are likely to work together in the system or not having the established pros who are sure of their place regardless of performance level. Probably all of those coupled with some good young attacking talent.

Of course we will struggle against the better sides. We always do, but Southgate didn't do too badly even against them in the World Cup.

The team is full of established pros. Not sure he's left anyone out for the system either, all the best players are in the squad.

The players are just getting better and better technically which is helping Southgate. They are all miles ahead of where our players were 20 years ago.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Eng-er-land on 21:30 - Sep 10 with 1598 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Eng-er-land on 21:13 - Sep 10 by StokieBlue

The team is full of established pros. Not sure he's left anyone out for the system either, all the best players are in the squad.

The players are just getting better and better technically which is helping Southgate. They are all miles ahead of where our players were 20 years ago.

SB

I mean when Lampard and Gerrard had to be fitted in the side and Beckham and Rooney were definite picks.

I am sure there were better options at times but there was no way those players were getting left out because over time they were the best players.

Maybe now it is not a problem because there simply aren't those kind of problems. Of course Kane and the others are established pros but there are few who have been playing in the Premier League for over a decade.

Eng-er-land on 22:08 - Sep 10 with 1490 viewsMrTown

We are a much more entertaining team to watch.

Can’t see us getting past the quarters though, a really elite international team will still be too much for us I think.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Eng-er-land on 22:52 - Sep 10 with 1424 viewsclive_baker

Watching the highlights. Will Keane’s brother had a mare with that opener.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Eng-er-land on 22:54 - Sep 10 with 1416 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Eng-er-land on 22:52 - Sep 10 by clive_baker

Watching the highlights. Will Keane’s brother had a mare with that opener.

I hadn't realised that.

Twin, as well.

Eng-er-land on 10:21 - Sep 11 with 1153 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Eng-er-land on 21:30 - Sep 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I mean when Lampard and Gerrard had to be fitted in the side and Beckham and Rooney were definite picks.

I am sure there were better options at times but there was no way those players were getting left out because over time they were the best players.

Maybe now it is not a problem because there simply aren't those kind of problems. Of course Kane and the others are established pros but there are few who have been playing in the Premier League for over a decade.

It’s still not really any different now. Harry Kane will always play as he’s considered the best player and was rushed back into the side at the WC despite being injured. Kyle Walker is stilt he number 1 RB when fit despite the emergence of TAA, Stones an automatic starter despite patchy club form, and so on...

We’re just a much better side now with a lot more options

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Eng-er-land on 10:44 - Sep 11 with 1116 viewsjontysnut

shame we didn't have some better songs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024