Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... 15:31 - Sep 19 with 1265 viewsconnorscontract

Very hard-hitting.

It's made by the parents of Sandy Hook School shootings victims.
Fook me (n/t) on 15:33 - Sep 19 with 1248 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:11 - Sep 19 with 1177 viewscaught-in-limbo

I think that's awful.

You can get messages across to people effectively without this sort of tension, fear, panic and anxiety to make your point.

The effects of stress and anxiety on kids are awful and can lead to all manner of physical and psychological problems later in life.

I think this awareness advert is wholly irresponsible.

EDIT:

The sandyhookpromise.org site is also very disappointing. I want to know what the signs are to help prevent school shootings, but I have to give my name and email address. Why?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 21:16]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:15 - Sep 19 with 1167 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Of everything that is happening in the world, the thing that still stuns me the most is the Americans STILL have guns legal when there’s an average of more than one mass shooting every day.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 1159 viewswkj

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:11 - Sep 19 by caught-in-limbo

I think that's awful.

You can get messages across to people effectively without this sort of tension, fear, panic and anxiety to make your point.

The effects of stress and anxiety on kids are awful and can lead to all manner of physical and psychological problems later in life.

I think this awareness advert is wholly irresponsible.

EDIT:

The sandyhookpromise.org site is also very disappointing. I want to know what the signs are to help prevent school shootings, but I have to give my name and email address. Why?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 21:16]

Given how things seem to work in America, that seems bang in line with how they try to get the message across. You should have seen some of the anti marijuana ads a whe ago, basically an ad making out like a lad shot his toddler brother because he was high.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:25 - Sep 19 with 1142 viewscaught-in-limbo

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:17 - Sep 19 by wkj

Given how things seem to work in America, that seems bang in line with how they try to get the message across. You should have seen some of the anti marijuana ads a whe ago, basically an ad making out like a lad shot his toddler brother because he was high.

I can't think of a better way to promote irresponsible gun ownership than educating young kids and their parents to be freaked out about going to school thinking that each day may be their last.

Also, remembering the calm compassion and forgiveness shown on national TV by the Sandy Hook parents just days after their kids were killed, I'm surprised they would endorse this type of message.

Truly messed-up thinking.

#toxic

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:28 - Sep 19 with 1138 viewswkj

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:25 - Sep 19 by caught-in-limbo

I can't think of a better way to promote irresponsible gun ownership than educating young kids and their parents to be freaked out about going to school thinking that each day may be their last.

Also, remembering the calm compassion and forgiveness shown on national TV by the Sandy Hook parents just days after their kids were killed, I'm surprised they would endorse this type of message.

Sandy Hook parents also had to stomach a whole bunch of vial Conspiracy nonsense too, I can't blame them for being riled up in the long run. Having to hear twonks suggest sandy hook was staged and didn't happen while suffering the greatest injustice, losing your child at the place they should be at their very safest

Crybaby

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:33 - Sep 19 with 1133 viewscaught-in-limbo

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:28 - Sep 19 by wkj

Sandy Hook parents also had to stomach a whole bunch of vial Conspiracy nonsense too, I can't blame them for being riled up in the long run. Having to hear twonks suggest sandy hook was staged and didn't happen while suffering the greatest injustice, losing your child at the place they should be at their very safest

I'm sure you're not suggesting they produced this scaremongering video because they have been riled up by conspiracy theorists.

#toxic

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:33 - Sep 19 with 1131 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:25 - Sep 19 by caught-in-limbo

‘Also, remembering the calm compassion and forgiveness shown on national TV by the Sandy Hook parents just days after their kids were killed, I'm surprised they would endorse this type of message.’

I haven’t seen the TV interview but I’m not sure the parents showing some class on TV in the aftermath of their kids death should be used against them when they take action many years later in an attempt to prevent similar massacres.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 1124 viewscaught-in-limbo

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:33 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

‘Also, remembering the calm compassion and forgiveness shown on national TV by the Sandy Hook parents just days after their kids were killed, I'm surprised they would endorse this type of message.’

I haven’t seen the TV interview but I’m not sure the parents showing some class on TV in the aftermath of their kids death should be used against them when they take action many years later in an attempt to prevent similar massacres.

I'm not using the fact that they showed calm and compassion against them.

#toxic

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 1123 viewswkj

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:33 - Sep 19 by caught-in-limbo

I'm sure you're not suggesting they produced this scaremongering video because they have been riled up by conspiracy theorists.

No, I'm suggesting they went through unessesary abuse and disgusting lies, so I can see why they'd be pretty bold in their message. This isn't atypical at all in the USA this kind of ad, that was the point I originally made, not a jot more.

Crybaby

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:42 - Sep 19 with 1111 viewscaught-in-limbo

Back to School Supplies Advert with a twist... on 21:36 - Sep 19 by wkj

No, I'm suggesting they went through unessesary abuse and disgusting lies, so I can see why they'd be pretty bold in their message. This isn't atypical at all in the USA this kind of ad, that was the point I originally made, not a jot more.

Fair enough.

The main message on their website and at the end of the video is "Teach yourself and your child the warning signs of violence."

It's a shame they don't state those life-saving signs on their website without you having to give your name and email address.

I think they're receiving some really poor advice.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024