Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. 12:32 - Sep 25 with 3916 viewsclive_baker

I'll kick off with the Woolpack. Really nice looking pub, in my favourite part of town too with some really characterful properties surrounding it. Reminds me of visiting my auntie as a kid who lived on Constable Road at the time. Many hours spent in the Woolpack after spending an afternoon dicking around in the park. Not been in for a long while mind.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:37 - Sep 25 with 3018 viewsReuser_is_God

Arcade Tavern when it isn't stupidly busy.

Spread Eagle & Briarbank do some good beers, as does The Dove.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 12:40]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:41 - Sep 25 with 3002 viewsBlueinBrum

Grew up in the Woolie and still a regular frequenter when back home in Ipswich. Since the current management came in (must be 6 or 7 years now) it's come on leaps and bounds and is in really good shape now.

Although the Woolpack was/is my local I actually think I prefer the food and beer in the Greyhound the other side of the park, which is also a great stop before an ITFC game. I think those two pubs are leaps and bounds ahead of any others in Ipswich, although I do like the Spread Eagle since its been done up.
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:42 - Sep 25 with 3001 viewswkj

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:37 - Sep 25 by Reuser_is_God

Arcade Tavern when it isn't stupidly busy.

Spread Eagle & Briarbank do some good beers, as does The Dove.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 12:40]

I like the gol, while it has had to go the way of a boozy resteraunt, it also caters to those who want a few too,. and of course, family friendly

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:43 - Sep 25 with 2992 viewsReuser_is_God

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:42 - Sep 25 by wkj

I like the gol, while it has had to go the way of a boozy resteraunt, it also caters to those who want a few too,. and of course, family friendly

Gol?

Evans out

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:44 - Sep 25 with 2984 viewswkj

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:43 - Sep 25 by Reuser_is_God

Gol?

Golf, f off, at least it was in my reply

Crybaby

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:44 - Sep 25 with 2979 viewsReuser_is_God

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:44 - Sep 25 by wkj

Yeah, decent pub since it had it's makeover the other year.

Evans out

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:01 - Sep 25 with 2933 viewsSikamikanico

I like Arcade Street Tavern and Three Wise Monkeys.

Both do a good selection of beers
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:07 - Sep 25 with 2918 viewshoppy

The Dove is my regular haunt - really good choice of beers.

Also like the Woolpack.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:09 - Sep 25 with 2914 viewsKieran_Knows

Arcade Tavern for sure, and probably Man on the Moon as it's still fairly local to me. Nothing fancy, just a decent pub within walking distance for me!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 with 2895 viewswkj

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:07 - Sep 25 by hoppy

The Dove is my regular haunt - really good choice of beers.

Also like the Woolpack.

We've probably bumped into one another at the dove

Crybaby

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 with 2897 viewsDyland

Woolpack, Fat Cat, Dove, Arcade Tavern. All withing staggering distance of each other too.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:22 - Sep 25 with 2872 viewshoppy

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 by wkj

Quite possibly... Must do that again sometime!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 14:26 - Sep 25 with 2781 viewsPerublue

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 12:44 - Sep 25 by wkj

Is Rob the legend still behind the bar ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 14:49 - Sep 25 with 2741 viewsartsbossbeard

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 by Dyland

Woolpack, Fat Cat, Dove, Arcade Tavern. All withing staggering distance of each other too.

Decent list.

I'd add The Three Wise Monkeys and The Arbor to that list. And maybe Cult Bar on a Sunday afternoon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:33 - Sep 25 with 2675 viewsDyland

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 14:49 - Sep 25 by artsbossbeard

Decent list.

I'd add The Three Wise Monkeys and The Arbor to that list. And maybe Cult Bar on a Sunday afternoon.

I don't know Three Wise Monkeys, is it newish?

Arbor was the Arboretum right? Presumably changed hands many times since the late 80s when I last went. In that neck of the woods the Greyhound is also decent no nonsense boozer though bizarrely whenever I've visited in the last couple of years during the day, people seem to have gone there as some kind of outing, sitting there prim and proper as if it's a posh restaurant. As far as I can make out it's still just a no frills traditional boozer, with pub grub. Perhaps the slightly overpriced menu makes people think it's a destination spot.

Cult Bar, unless it's a tribute to the band, sounds sh1te :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:35 - Sep 25 with 2672 viewsSomethingBlue

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:09 - Sep 25 by Kieran_Knows

Arcade Tavern for sure, and probably Man on the Moon as it's still fairly local to me. Nothing fancy, just a decent pub within walking distance for me!

Spent many a night in the Man on the Moon when I was younger! Used to be some great characters in there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:36 - Sep 25 with 2663 viewsKieran_Knows

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:35 - Sep 25 by SomethingBlue

Spent many a night in the Man on the Moon when I was younger! Used to be some great characters in there.

Yes, a decent enough pub, still some interesting characters I would say!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:42 - Sep 25 with 2651 viewsartsbossbeard

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 15:33 - Sep 25 by Dyland

I don't know Three Wise Monkeys, is it newish?

Arbor was the Arboretum right? Presumably changed hands many times since the late 80s when I last went. In that neck of the woods the Greyhound is also decent no nonsense boozer though bizarrely whenever I've visited in the last couple of years during the day, people seem to have gone there as some kind of outing, sitting there prim and proper as if it's a posh restaurant. As far as I can make out it's still just a no frills traditional boozer, with pub grub. Perhaps the slightly overpriced menu makes people think it's a destination spot.

Cult Bar, unless it's a tribute to the band, sounds sh1te :)

Yep,3WM opened towards the end of last season at the top of Lloyds Avenue.

Decent beer and food.

The Arbor was The Arboretum, yes. Lovely little beer garden too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 18:20 - Sep 25 with 2549 viewsBlockJJ

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 by wkj

Worked there for a large number of years
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 18:32 - Sep 25 with 2533 viewsJakeITFC

I’m a regular in the Gardeners Arms, so I’d probably say that’s my favourite.
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 18:40 - Sep 25 with 2514 viewsHerbivore

I only really go to the Tavern. I'm a craft beer w@nker so it suits me well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:02 - Sep 25 with 2444 viewsstonojnr

Fat Cat, end of debate :)
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:05 - Sep 25 with 2435 viewsSpruceMoose

The number of pubs I enjoy going into seemingly gets smaller with every trip back to Ipswich. The Arcade Tavern, the Fat Cat, The Spread Eagle, Thomas Wolsey... that's about it. Hopsters seems like a welcome addition to the town though. Has anyone been to The Swan since it reopened?

Was in Norwich on a recent visit. Feel like I've been banging the drum for them too much lately, but the pubs there were pretty decent.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 20:06]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:16 - Sep 25 with 2412 viewsHerbivore

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:05 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

The number of pubs I enjoy going into seemingly gets smaller with every trip back to Ipswich. The Arcade Tavern, the Fat Cat, The Spread Eagle, Thomas Wolsey... that's about it. Hopsters seems like a welcome addition to the town though. Has anyone been to The Swan since it reopened?

Was in Norwich on a recent visit. Feel like I've been banging the drum for them too much lately, but the pubs there were pretty decent.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 20:06]

Norwich has some excellent pubs, especially if you go a bit outside the city centre.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:24 - Sep 25 with 2390 viewsSpruceMoose

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:16 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Norwich has some excellent pubs, especially if you go a bit outside the city centre.

I was with a local and we did just that. The estates of Ipswich however offer slim pickings in terms of decent pubs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024