Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan 10:23 - Oct 6 with 1699 viewsSWGF

Was excellent, second half especially. Got around the pitch, kept us ticking, kept us composed. His first touch was exemplary, often brought the ball down in very tight areas and kept possession. Fed numerous balls down the side of Jackson, should have had a penalty. Took their player out on the halfway line to stop a counter-attack and picked up his yellow card.
Was a real all-round performance. Quickly cementing his place despite plenty of other choices?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Nolan on 10:35 - Oct 6 with 1646 viewsclive_baker

Agree, he’s a class act and seems to be getting better with each match. Out of possession he’s fantastic too, recovering possession and always on the move. Horrible to play against.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nolan on 10:39 - Oct 6 with 1635 viewsBarneycurley

The closest we've had to jim for a while. He's better on the ball than any others I've seen in the squad.

Definite starter for me.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Nolan on 10:47 - Oct 6 with 1614 viewsGarv

As predicted by many in fairness. It wasn't long after Lambert arrived that he started talking him up. He was clearly keen to get him involved.

Also, all the other options are either not fully fit (Huws, Bishop, Nydam) or unproven (Dozzell). I suppose Judge is the main rival for his place at the minute, and I'm quite happy if they rotate.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nolan on 10:57 - Oct 6 with 1576 viewsKeaneish

Nolan on 10:39 - Oct 6 by Barneycurley

The closest we've had to jim for a while. He's better on the ball than any others I've seen in the squad.

Definite starter for me.

Agreed. Think I prefer him playing in the middle with Downes and Skuse in behind rather than in the 10 role though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nolan on 10:58 - Oct 6 with 1575 viewsstrikalite

Nolan on 10:47 - Oct 6 by Garv

As predicted by many in fairness. It wasn't long after Lambert arrived that he started talking him up. He was clearly keen to get him involved.

Also, all the other options are either not fully fit (Huws, Bishop, Nydam) or unproven (Dozzell). I suppose Judge is the main rival for his place at the minute, and I'm quite happy if they rotate.

He's certainly proven in this league, playing in a good Shrews side at the top he must feel a whole lot better and comfortable being back here knowing he can do it....it just shows you the difference between the two Leagues...
Nolan on 12:34 - Oct 6 with 1502 viewsitfcjoe

Said it a few times but seemed quite clear that he was the one Lambert seemed keenest on getting back involved as quickly as he could - became a key player for us before injury and think he is one PL rates most highly in the midfield

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nolan on 17:35 - Oct 6 with 1353 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nolan on 10:58 - Oct 6 by strikalite

He's certainly proven in this league, playing in a good Shrews side at the top he must feel a whole lot better and comfortable being back here knowing he can do it....it just shows you the difference between the two Leagues...

Tbf, he was our best player for the final few months of last season too.
Nolan on 17:54 - Oct 6 with 1317 viewsPilgrimblue

Nolan on 10:57 - Oct 6 by Keaneish

Agreed. Think I prefer him playing in the middle with Downes and Skuse in behind rather than in the 10 role though.

I agree he's not a no. 10. Not sure Judge is either but of the two Nolan is our future as still believe Judge will go in January.
While we have plenty of midfield options, some need to play more often like Nolan. For me Huws must start soon so hope the EFLT will give him chance to show he's ready to step up.
Login to get fewer ads

Nolan on 19:10 - Oct 6 with 1287 viewsPJH

Nolan on 17:35 - Oct 6 by OsborneOneNil

Tbf, he was our best player for the final few months of last season too.

Probably because he wasn't playing.

He did not start any of the last seven games.

I would think that Judge was our best player for the final few months of last season.
Nolan on 19:18 - Oct 6 with 1260 viewsKeaneish

Nolan on 17:54 - Oct 6 by Pilgrimblue

I agree he's not a no. 10. Not sure Judge is either but of the two Nolan is our future as still believe Judge will go in January.
While we have plenty of midfield options, some need to play more often like Nolan. For me Huws must start soon so hope the EFLT will give him chance to show he's ready to step up.

I think Judge relocated his family here recently so signs are he’ll be staying.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024