Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' 20:22 - Oct 3 with 1499 viewsSteve_M

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/world/fiasco-three-years-of-grinding-failure-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 20:28 - Oct 3 with 1469 viewsfactual_blue

BLUE PASSPORTS

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 21:08 - Oct 3 with 1419 viewsgiant_stow

Didn't want to start a new thread for this and it seems to fit here. Simon Jenkins has some interesting thoughts here (we'll I reckon so anyway) https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/03/theresa-may-deal-brexit

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 06:50 - Oct 4 with 1311 viewsOldsmoker

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 21:08 - Oct 3 by giant_stow

Didn't want to start a new thread for this and it seems to fit here. Simon Jenkins has some interesting thoughts here (we'll I reckon so anyway) https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/03/theresa-may-deal-brexit

Simon Jenkins does have thoughts but this article of his suggests that he's lost the plot.
He says Johnson should choose a version of Brexit similar to the May deal that will almost certainly alienate the ERG but if they don't like it he should remove the Tory whip effectively throwing them out of the party and reducing his minority even further.

He says Corbyn should step up and share the Brexit problem with Johnson by softening his insistence on a customs union. That would alienate half the Labour MP's. In his last paragraph he says Corbyn should make the first move.

So, to summarise, get the leaders to split both parties because that would somehow create cooperation and a Brexit that everyone can get behind.

The comments BTL seem to think Jenkins hasn't been paying attention either.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 07:07 - Oct 4 with 1302 viewswkj

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 20:28 - Oct 3 by factual_blue

BLUE PASSPORTS

You lost, get over it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:15 - Oct 4 with 1240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Peter Foster is emerging as one of the sane shining lights in all of this mess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:19 - Oct 4 with 1235 viewsBlueBadger

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 20:28 - Oct 3 by factual_blue

BLUE PASSPORTS

Don't mock, all that sucking up to Trumpy-wumpy has paid off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-49915034

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:25 - Oct 4 with 1218 viewsFather_Jack

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 07:07 - Oct 4 by wkj

You lost, get over it

We're winning now.

Less is more.

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:29 - Oct 4 with 1215 viewsgiant_stow

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 06:50 - Oct 4 by Oldsmoker

Simon Jenkins does have thoughts but this article of his suggests that he's lost the plot.
He says Johnson should choose a version of Brexit similar to the May deal that will almost certainly alienate the ERG but if they don't like it he should remove the Tory whip effectively throwing them out of the party and reducing his minority even further.

He says Corbyn should step up and share the Brexit problem with Johnson by softening his insistence on a customs union. That would alienate half the Labour MP's. In his last paragraph he says Corbyn should make the first move.

So, to summarise, get the leaders to split both parties because that would somehow create cooperation and a Brexit that everyone can get behind.

Ouch! Fair dos mr

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:32 - Oct 4 with 1210 viewsGuthrum

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 06:50 - Oct 4 by Oldsmoker

Altho stepping outside the party framework would make it much easier to get some kind of Brexit consensus.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:41 - Oct 4 with 1197 viewsGuthrum

Of course, with the Government having irretrievably destroyed its own Commons majority, the ERG and DUP lose much of their leverage. The Prime Minister is now dependent upon the opposition, not his own fractious party and allies, to get any deal through.

If Labour and the moderate Independents/Tiggers can be persuaded to support the May Deal (or some rewriting thereof), then it will very likely pass.

However, Johnson has instead gone for a policy of violent confrontation, which has rather blown up in his face.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 1116 viewsOldsmoker

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:29 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

Ouch! Fair dos mr

Sorry Ulla, but my beef is with Jenkins not you.
He writes for the Guardian but I think he would be better suited to the Daily Mail.
I think they employ him to add balance to what is a left-leaning newspaper that doesn't support Corbyn.

Edit : rubbish grammar
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:58]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 1115 viewsBigManBlue

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:41 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

Of course, with the Government having irretrievably destroyed its own Commons majority, the ERG and DUP lose much of their leverage. The Prime Minister is now dependent upon the opposition, not his own fractious party and allies, to get any deal through.

If Labour and the moderate Independents/Tiggers can be persuaded to support the May Deal (or some rewriting thereof), then it will very likely pass.

However, Johnson has instead gone for a policy of violent confrontation, which has rather blown up in his face.

Evidently, he never intended on getting any sort of deal through parliament. Even if he miraculously came back with the type of unicorn-deal that was floated about in 2016, I doubt he'd be able to muster the support for it in commons.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 18:36 - Oct 6 with 926 viewsflimflam

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 10:25 - Oct 4 by Father_Jack

We're winning now.

How exactly?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

In which Peter Foster succinctly pulls apart the latest Brexit 'deal' on 18:54 - Oct 6 with 909 viewscrunchie1978

Honestly does anyone even give a f##k about this anymore.
Yawn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024