Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More hysteria 09:48 - Oct 10 with 5294 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-medical-supply-sho

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More hysteria on 09:53 - Oct 10 with 2983 viewsBlueBadger

This is an expert telling us this, therefore we can safely discount it as Project Fear though.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 9:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More hysteria on 10:00 - Oct 10 with 2962 viewsSwansea_Blue

At the very least there will be increased costs putting extra pressure on the NHS (ah, the irony). Think about radioactive treatments that will take longer to transport - not only do you have delays in the supply, but they'll have to buy extra at significant extra costs because of the short half life.

I'm struggling to think of a more daft political decision in my lifetime.

There won't be a no deal though - it's kind of illegal now. And rightly so. *If* we leave it has to be in a way that allows for a gradual withdrawal to allow suitable time to put efficient replacement processes and systems in place. There is no other sensible way to go about it. I imagine it's all doable given time, but the end result will be something far different from what the now rabid no dealers have in mind.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More hysteria on 10:02 - Oct 10 with 2956 viewsNotSure

Yes that was on Radio 4 this morning.
I enjoyed her honesty, we can't guarantee anything when it comes to Brexit.
But I'm still very happy to give it a go.
More hysteria on 10:04 - Oct 10 with 2944 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:02 - Oct 10 by NotSure

Yes that was on Radio 4 this morning.
I enjoyed her honesty, we can't guarantee anything when it comes to Brexit.
But I'm still very happy to give it a go.

You're genuinely prepared to risk people dying to get a blue passport?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

More hysteria on 10:06 - Oct 10 with 2934 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:00 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

At the very least there will be increased costs putting extra pressure on the NHS (ah, the irony). Think about radioactive treatments that will take longer to transport - not only do you have delays in the supply, but they'll have to buy extra at significant extra costs because of the short half life.

There won't be a no deal though - it's kind of illegal now. And rightly so. *If* we leave it has to be in a way that allows for a gradual withdrawal to allow suitable time to put efficient replacement processes and systems in place. There is no other sensible way to go about it. I imagine it's all doable given time, but the end result will be something far different from what the now rabid no dealers have in mind.

It's really scary for those who might need, for example, CT scans. The isotope used in CT scanners only has a half-life of around 8 hours and currently the UK produces NONE. It won't take a lot to cause serious shortages there and then you're potentially losing an essential tool for diagnosing everything from strokes to appendicitis.

More hysteria on 10:07 - Oct 10 with 2934 viewsNotSure

More hysteria on 10:04 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

You're genuinely prepared to risk people dying to get a blue passport?

Yes, that's right, 52% of the population voted Brexit in 2016 for a blue passport.
I think it is comments like this that tend to polarise opinion towards hard brexit and revoke.
More hysteria on 10:08 - Oct 10 with 2928 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:07 - Oct 10 by NotSure

Yes, that's right, 52% of the population voted Brexit in 2016 for a blue passport.
I think it is comments like this that tend to polarise opinion towards hard brexit and revoke.

So, just to reiterate. You're cool with people dying as a result of this as long as 37% of the UK population get a blue passport?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 10:09]

More hysteria on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 2913 viewsNotSure

More hysteria on 10:08 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

So, just to reiterate. You're cool with people dying as a result of this as long as 37% of the UK population get a blue passport?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 10:09]

It's a very funny line to talk about "Blue Passports".
And I'm sure these things get you loads of likes on Social Media.
But it adds nothing to the debate does it?
Login to get fewer ads

More hysteria on 10:14 - Oct 10 with 2899 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:12 - Oct 10 by NotSure

You've said it yourself there. You'd rather people died than not have a blue passport.
That's an 'interesting' debating position to take.

More hysteria on 10:24 - Oct 10 with 2883 viewsSwansea_Blue

More hysteria on 10:06 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

It's really scary for those who might need, for example, CT scans. The isotope used in CT scanners only has a half-life of around 8 hours and currently the UK produces NONE. It won't take a lot to cause serious shortages there and then you're potentially losing an essential tool for diagnosing everything from strokes to appendicitis.

It's madness. From what little I know about it the plan is simply to buy much more of the stuff for each usage to allow for import delays as there are limited import options due to strict controls on radioactive substances. And of course import options are strictly limited due to the high controls on medical radioactive substances (I believe there's only one place they can come into the country, but may have that wrong).

So at the moment they can guarantee the supply and you're looking at tripling the cost or more for each usage.

One of many, many things that hasn't been thought through and that people aren't aware of (or certainly weren't when they voted). But immigrants...

More hysteria on 10:32 - Oct 10 with 2861 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 10:00 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

There could still be a no deal brexit if the Tories win a majority at the next election though, I think at least?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More hysteria on 10:38 - Oct 10 with 2845 viewsSwansea_Blue

More hysteria on 10:32 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

There could still be a no deal brexit if the Tories win a majority at the next election though, I think at least?

Yes, I suppose so as I was just thinking about the 31st October deadline. I'm not entirely convinced they want it as it suits them to claim they want it and play the victim now, to cut off a challenge from Farage ahead of an election. I suspect they'd be very nervous about going down a no deal route after an election they won, as they know what it would mean and how bad it would be. Who knows though.

More hysteria on 10:41 - Oct 10 with 2834 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria on 10:06 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

There isn't an isotope in a CT scanner.......the x rays are generated within the head of the machine....
More hysteria on 10:45 - Oct 10 with 2828 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:41 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

There isn't an isotope in a CT scanner.......the x rays are generated within the head of the machine....

My apologies, I'm confusing nuclear imaging with CT imaging.

More hysteria on 10:47 - Oct 10 with 2825 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria on 10:24 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

It's madness. From what little I know about it the plan is simply to buy much more of the stuff for each usage to allow for import delays as there are limited import options due to strict controls on radioactive substances. And of course import options are strictly limited due to the high controls on medical radioactive substances (I believe there's only one place they can come into the country, but may have that wrong).

So at the moment they can guarantee the supply and you're looking at tripling the cost or more for each usage.

One of many, many things that hasn't been thought through and that people aren't aware of (or certainly weren't when they voted). But immigrants...

I work in radiotherapy and can tell you we are going to struggle to get radioactive iodine to treat thyroid cancer and most of our treatment machines are made in the EU so getting spare parts to fix them will be made harder too.

Brexit is going to cause the NHS more problems than anyone can predict. My trust is already stockpiling medication where it can, meetings are being held and rationing Is taking place...and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers.

Brexit is costing the NHS millions already. I have sat in meetings discussing the ramifications...and that's time I should be with patients.

But hell...blue passports, unicorn poo, rotting soft fruit.........
"... and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers" on 10:49 - Oct 10 with 2818 viewsDyland

More hysteria on 10:47 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

I work in radiotherapy and can tell you we are going to struggle to get radioactive iodine to treat thyroid cancer and most of our treatment machines are made in the EU so getting spare parts to fix them will be made harder too.

Brexit is going to cause the NHS more problems than anyone can predict. My trust is already stockpiling medication where it can, meetings are being held and rationing Is taking place...and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers.

Brexit is costing the NHS millions already. I have sat in meetings discussing the ramifications...and that's time I should be with patients.

PROJECT FEAR

Nope, just very straightforward facts.

I pray karma will bite Cameron, Farage, et al, in this life rather than the next.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

More hysteria (n/t) on 10:50 - Oct 10 with 2811 viewsLKW15

More hysteria on 10:41 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 10:50]
More hysteria on 10:50 - Oct 10 with 2808 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria on 10:45 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

My apologies, I'm confusing nuclear imaging with CT imaging.

Sorry...I'm a huge pedant ,but there is so much BS and lies being peddled I can't help myself......

You are right though. It's a nightmare. Farage and his ilk have no idea of the chaos they are causing.
More hysteria (n/t) on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 2797 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria (n/t) on 10:50 - Oct 10 by LKW15

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 10:50]

Correct :)
More hysteria on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 2796 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 10:47 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

Congratulations Brexit voters.

More hysteria on 10:58 - Oct 10 with 2774 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria on 10:51 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

I have spoken to some on Twitter who just don't care. I have even had patients referred to as collateral damage...and comments like..."We all have to die sometime"

It's astounding how blinkered, selfish and (I'm going to say it) stupid some people are.
More hysteria on 11:00 - Oct 10 with 2769 viewsNotSure

More hysteria on 10:51 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

This discussion appears to be all about a hard brexit.
Which I imagine the majority of the 52% are not in favour of.

But how do your reach the compromise that Hammond was talking about this morning if you have Lib Dems screaming "revoke article 50". Their stance is as bad as the ERG.

I trusted parliament to reach a compromise between 2016 and 2018. Which would include staying in a customs union, keeping free immigration, allowing us more of our own money to spend. But they failed dismally.
More hysteria (n/t) on 11:00 - Oct 10 with 2767 viewsLKW15

More hysteria (n/t) on 10:51 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

Correct :)

i defer to your expertise, I only have a vague understanding as my company's sister company supplies some parts to a couple of the big manufacturers. isotope or not i do know either way brexit isn't going to help anyone when it comes to stuff like this!
More hysteria on 11:03 - Oct 10 with 2759 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 11:00 - Oct 10 by NotSure

This discussion appears to be all about a hard brexit.
Which I imagine the majority of the 52% are not in favour of.

But how do your reach the compromise that Hammond was talking about this morning if you have Lib Dems screaming "revoke article 50". Their stance is as bad as the ERG.

I trusted parliament to reach a compromise between 2016 and 2018. Which would include staying in a customs union, keeping free immigration, allowing us more of our own money to spend. But they failed dismally.

This particular thread is about hard brexit because that looks like one of two options (ignoring any extension).

I half agree about the Liberals and wish they'd stuck with the promise of Ref2.

Your compromise was never offered to Parliament, thanks to May and now Boris, so blame them.

More hysteria on 11:04 - Oct 10 with 2755 viewsBlueNomad

More hysteria on 10:12 - Oct 10 by NotSure

Ok, please add constructively to the debate..................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024