Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton released on unconditional bail 19:44 - Oct 9 with 1268 viewsOldsmoker

He pleaded not guilty to the allegation that he assaulted the Barnsley manager from behind.
Read into that what you will.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/09/joey-barton-pleads-not-guilty-to

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 19:55 - Oct 9 with 1207 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, from reports at the time I assumed he had done more than push the guy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 20:13 - Oct 9 with 1166 viewsOldsmoker

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 19:55 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, from reports at the time I assumed he had done more than push the guy.

The Barnsley manager had to have dental work on his front teeth so it's Actual Bodily Harm or ABH.
It's always puzzled me that GBH - Grevious Bodily Harm - is a lesser offence because it sounds (to me) much worse than ABH.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 20:59 - Oct 9 with 1068 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 20:13 - Oct 9 by Oldsmoker

The Barnsley manager had to have dental work on his front teeth so it's Actual Bodily Harm or ABH.
It's always puzzled me that GBH - Grevious Bodily Harm - is a lesser offence because it sounds (to me) much worse than ABH.

I guess it's how the term is seen legally. One you have a grievance against someone, the other there is physical evidence from the injuries sustained.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 21:23 - Oct 9 with 1017 viewsfactual_blue

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 20:13 - Oct 9 by Oldsmoker

So no axe involved then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Joey Barton released on unconditional bail on 09:19 - Oct 10 with 810 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's a scrote, but "pushed from behind" sounds relatively innocuous. Surely the FA can just sort this out and slap this littel sh*t down with a ban for a few games? A push in the context of what always goes on in football doesn't sound much like a police matter (unless it's much more serious, of course).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024