Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling all Excel bods 20:53 - Oct 14 with 1008 viewsRob88

I would like to create a macro that would import my bank statements into excel from csv files and format by bank statements and then update pivot charts.

csv files would be in a folder on the c drive.

Where does one start?

I’ve tried the available budgeting apps such as Emma, money dashboard and YOlT but they don’t report as I would like.
Calling all Excel bods on 21:11 - Oct 14 with 963 viewsgiant_stow

I'm not an excel expert, but I would paste csv file into a macro excel file manually and then simply record macros as you manipulate the data. If you stuck to selecting full columns that should work. Also there are tons of ready written dynamic macros out there - you've just got to search using the right terms. Lastly, ask stokie!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Calling all Excel bods on 21:43 - Oct 14 with 898 viewsRAW

Calling all Excel bods on 21:11 - Oct 14 by giant_stow

I'm not an excel expert, but I would paste csv file into a macro excel file manually and then simply record macros as you manipulate the data. If you stuck to selecting full columns that should work. Also there are tons of ready written dynamic macros out there - you've just got to search using the right terms. Lastly, ask stokie!

Have you looked at JIOSOFT software. I export my bank and credit card statements as QIF files and then import them into JIOSOFT and use that to report on etc. It's a cheaper version of MS Money and Quicken.

However when I looked after accounts for a club they used Stripe for card payments but their data was a nightmare and I also couldn't export it to import into another app. So I had an Excel file with macros which tidied up the data and added extra fields with calculations. I would export out of Stripe as csv and copy and paste the records into my master Excel file and then run the macros from there. Probably not the most efficient process but it worked.
Calling all Excel bods on 21:54 - Oct 14 with 875 viewsRob88

Calling all Excel bods on 21:43 - Oct 14 by RAW

Have you looked at JIOSOFT software. I export my bank and credit card statements as QIF files and then import them into JIOSOFT and use that to report on etc. It's a cheaper version of MS Money and Quicken.

However when I looked after accounts for a club they used Stripe for card payments but their data was a nightmare and I also couldn't export it to import into another app. So I had an Excel file with macros which tidied up the data and added extra fields with calculations. I would export out of Stripe as csv and copy and paste the records into my master Excel file and then run the macros from there. Probably not the most efficient process but it worked.

I will take a look.

Thanks.
Calling all Excel bods on 21:55 - Oct 14 with 873 viewsRob88

Calling all Excel bods on 21:11 - Oct 14 by giant_stow

Yeah I tried using someone else’s work earlier with little success.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024