Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As an NHS employee... 11:19 - Oct 19 with 1663 viewsBlueBadger

..I'm glad to see our MPs working on a Saturday. I mean, it’s a weekday right? Hope they won’t be claiming they need extra pay or anything.

#areyouatworkjeremy
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 11:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As an NHS employee... on 16:19 - Oct 19 with 1554 viewstextbackup

you aren't the only person that works at a weekend, its not just NHS staff that do, assume you knew this was likely when you took the job?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As an NHS employee... on 16:25 - Oct 19 with 1536 viewsfooters

As an NHS employee... on 16:19 - Oct 19 by textbackup

you aren't the only person that works at a weekend, its not just NHS staff that do, assume you knew this was likely when you took the job?

I've been working today... writing about Brexit.

Think Badge's main point is more about the unfair conditions and expectations the Tories set out for junior doctors and other NHS staff to provide an unnecessary 'seven-day service' and even longer hours, at a time when services are already severely stretched due to Tory austerity cuts?

Just a thought.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As an NHS employee... on 16:27 - Oct 19 with 1531 viewsJ2BLUE

Even I got paid 1.5x on Sundays when I worked as a glorified cash dispenser. NHS staff do something far more important, often work insane shifts and deserve to be compensated much better than they are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As an NHS employee... on 16:28 - Oct 19 with 1524 viewsfooters

As an NHS employee... on 16:27 - Oct 19 by J2BLUE

Even I got paid 1.5x on Sundays when I worked as a glorified cash dispenser. NHS staff do something far more important, often work insane shifts and deserve to be compensated much better than they are.

My god, we agree, J2! Think I need a drink.

Hats off to Badger and the rest of the NHS crew. Cheers!

As an NHS employee... on 16:31 - Oct 19 with 1508 viewsJ2BLUE

As an NHS employee... on 16:28 - Oct 19 by footers

My god, we agree, J2! Think I need a drink.

Hats off to Badger and the rest of the NHS crew. Cheers!

I don't like it either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As an NHS employee... on 16:32 - Oct 19 with 1508 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree 100%

#strangeselfdefeatinghashtag

Pronouns: He/Him

As an NHS employee... on 16:33 - Oct 19 with 1502 viewsfooters

As an NHS employee... on 16:31 - Oct 19 by J2BLUE

I don't like it either.

Hey, you were in agreement with me on the food thread... Which, come to think of it, is also quite troubling!

As an NHS employee... on 16:39 - Oct 19 with 1476 viewsm14_blue

I think you've missed the point.

And yes, I've been at work today (and not for the NHS).
Login to get fewer ads

As an NHS employee... on 17:05 - Oct 19 with 1441 viewstextbackup

the NHS staff are incredible, completely agree.

As an NHS employee... on 17:23 - Oct 19 with 1421 viewsDarth_Koont

As an NHS employee... on 17:05 - Oct 19 by textbackup

the NHS staff are incredible, completely agree.

Would you pay 5% more tax for the NHS?

As an NHS employee... on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 1391 viewsChurchman

Agree with that. It was sometimes necessary for me to work at weekends when I worked for the govt and in the private sector before that, but more recently especially I could do that at home, mostly. I wasn’t paid for it but it was part of the job (project world) and usually took the time owed when I needed it.

As you say, the work NHS staff do is astonishing and the staff are much more important than anything I ever did. They should be properly looked after - both in pay and terms and conditions.
This is how wrong you are Texters, J2 had a valid counter to your point. (n/t) on 02:33 - Oct 20 with 1235 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As an NHS employee... on 08:30 - Oct 20 with 1156 viewsallezlesbleus

I would hope that these MPs are not constantly commenting on messages on football forums whilst at work.
As an NHS employee... on 09:02 - Oct 20 with 1131 viewstextbackup

As an NHS employee... on 17:23 - Oct 19 by Darth_Koont

Would you pay 5% more tax for the NHS?

yes.
my NI contribution monthly is pretty hefty anyway, however paying more into those that look after us seems a complete no brainer.
does that make me labour/conservative/leave/remain? I genuinely have no idea

This is how wrong you are Texters, J2 had a valid counter to your point. (n/t) on 09:04 - Oct 20 with 1121 viewstextbackup

This is how wrong you are Texters, J2 had a valid counter to your point. (n/t) on 02:33 - Oct 20 by BlueBadger

how wrong I am? I didn't say I was right.... I asked if you knew pay when you took the job on.

As an NHS employee... on 09:11 - Oct 20 with 1107 viewsDarth_Koont

As an NHS employee... on 09:02 - Oct 20 by textbackup

yes.
my NI contribution monthly is pretty hefty anyway, however paying more into those that look after us seems a complete no brainer.

Labour and pro-European.

Not so surprising the UK struggles to fund the NHS (or take care of the most vulnerable in society like saving children from poverty) when we’ve got one of the lowest income tax and company tax in the developed world.

As an NHS employee... on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 1091 viewsSwansea_Blue

As an NHS employee... on 09:02 - Oct 20 by textbackup

yes.

I think we have to. Increased taxation would need to be progressive so it’s affordable, but it’s undeniable that as a country we can afford to pay more to improve our public services.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024