Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain 08:16 - Oct 18 with 1643 viewsgiant_stow

... As a way of avoiding an Irish sea border? And also as revenge for being screwed over? I realise I must be talking nonsense, but...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:24 - Oct 18 with 1611 viewsbluelagos

Cos Sinn Fein welcomed the deal (as the least worst option I think was their phrase) so it aint going to happen.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:30 - Oct 18 with 1595 viewsgiant_stow

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:24 - Oct 18 by bluelagos

Cos Sinn Fein welcomed the deal (as the least worst option I think was their phrase) so it aint going to happen.

Fair enough - knew there must be a reason but didn't have a clue on why.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:31 - Oct 18 with 1586 viewsclive_baker

I'm sure they'll come round. Nothing a few cheques at the border can't solve innit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:38 - Oct 18 with 1568 viewsbluelagos

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:30 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

Fair enough - knew there must be a reason but didn't have a clue on why.

I'd also point out they are quite adept at demanding and getting maximum leverage from their votes. Their statement said something like fhey are against the deal "at this time" which is code for we are still open to discussions/cheques*

*delete as appropriate

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 09:11 - Oct 18 with 1515 viewsWeWereZombies

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:24 - Oct 18 by bluelagos

So are Sinn Fein going to turn up tomorrow to vote in favour of the deal!!!

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 09:16 - Oct 18 with 1504 viewsbluelagos

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 09:11 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

So are Sinn Fein going to turn up tomorrow to vote in favour of the deal!!!

That's a whole new can of worms!

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 09:44 - Oct 18 with 1469 viewsGuthrum

Supporting Remain would involve voting for something which keeps NI closely linked to the Republic (as an EU member state). Thus the DUP are not in favour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:02 - Oct 18 with 1410 viewsbluejacko

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 08:31 - Oct 18 by clive_baker

I'm sure they'll come round. Nothing a few cheques at the border can't solve innit.

You talk as if the money is going into their back pockets!
Login to get fewer ads

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:30 - Oct 18 with 1370 viewsWeWereZombies

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:02 - Oct 18 by bluejacko

You talk as if the money is going into their back pockets!

I think holes have already been burned in those:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/how-dup-ex-mla-jonathan-bell-

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:50 - Oct 18 with 1356 viewsbluejacko

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:30 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

I think holes have already been burned in those:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/how-dup-ex-mla-jonathan-bell-

Fair enough but that was what started the bother in Stormont in the first place. Is there any evidence that the money that has been received lately has been used in a dodgy way?
Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:59 - Oct 18 with 1341 viewsWeWereZombies

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:50 - Oct 18 by bluejacko

Fair enough but that was what started the bother in Stormont in the first place. Is there any evidence that the money that has been received lately has been used in a dodgy way?

To be fair I do not know, it is not something I have been following at all. The funds may not even be in place yet. My very limited experience of dealing with public administration in Northern Ireland is that it can be opaque in the extreme.

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 12:11 - Oct 18 with 1316 viewsSteve_M

That's the thing with zealots, logic and rationality aren't part of their decision making.

There's a book out soon on the farcical implementation of the renewable heating scheme in NI that the DUP are deeply implicated in. Should be an interesting read.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 13:05 - Oct 18 with 1268 viewsEireannach_gorm

Dup: why don't they turn completely now and support remain on 11:50 - Oct 18 by bluejacko

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/david-burnside-putin-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024