Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we all knew our successes this season have just papered over the cracks. 21:00 - Oct 23 with 2317 viewsSpruceMoose

Our performances have not been anywhere near as good as the results we've gained. Couldn't possibly be sustained without actually playing some good football at some point.

Maybe we can still go on to develop a decent style, but we need to be 100 times better than what we are putting out tonight.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 21:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:02 - Oct 23 with 2299 viewsDubtractor

I don't agree with that. Our performances have been plenty good enough to justify the results to date, albeit with room for improvement.

Last 2 games are terrible though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:03 - Oct 23 with 2254 viewsSpruceMoose

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:02 - Oct 23 by Dubtractor

I don't agree with that. Our performances have been plenty good enough to justify the results to date, albeit with room for improvement.

I've not seen any performances where we've really clicked though. I think we have benefited from playing some incredibly poor teams.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:59 - Oct 23 with 1942 viewsKeaneish

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:03 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

I've not seen any performances where we've really clicked though. I think we have benefited from playing some incredibly poor teams.

Which performances have you seen i guess is the question?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:00 - Oct 23 with 1928 viewsSpruceMoose

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:59 - Oct 23 by Keaneish

Which performances have you seen i guess is the question?

All of them?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:02 - Oct 23 with 1887 viewsActionMan

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:00 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

All of them?

All the hype saying we were not even out of third gear was nonsense though, this is exactly how good we are and have been all season. Hopefully some feet are now firmly on the ground and the manager stops messing about with formations and line-ups and just picks his best 11.
I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 1838 viewshaynes_toe1

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:00 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

All of them?

I've only seen 5 or 6 but in all of those:

- Too many long balls. Norwood can make something of them but we don't need to go long so easily
- No cohesive pattern of play or determined style. Nothing wrong with 'mixing' it up every now and again but we don't have a clear identity - or even an idea of what we want our identity to be.
- No real player improvement. Some of our players have looked better but I put that down to the awful standard of this league
- Lack of tactical nous from Lambert. Was clear as day last season, results this season have muddied it but still clear to me.

Regardless - because of the standard of football and the quality of our starting 11 I still believe we'll get out of this league.
I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:09 - Oct 23 with 1807 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 21:02 - Oct 23 by Dubtractor

Hmmm. Depends.

Certainly players have been on form individually and there's been a calmness when we've frequently got an early goal plus we can then often exploit space on the counter attack.

But the shapelessness and randomness of our play in possession has been a pretty constant feature. Think the team definitely needs to be settled down and we get some focus to our attack that doesn't involve getting ourselves bogged down on the touchline or losing it cheaply down the middle.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:12 - Oct 23 with 1776 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:02 - Oct 23 by ActionMan

All the hype saying we were not even out of third gear was nonsense though, this is exactly how good we are and have been all season. Hopefully some feet are now firmly on the ground and the manager stops messing about with formations and line-ups and just picks his best 11.

I think the third gear comments were more that we didn't look up to speed despite winning. Not that we were cruising around with any class.

We were winning without playing particularly well as a team. Now we're losing without playing particularly well as a team.

Login to get fewer ads

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:12 - Oct 23 with 1773 viewsJDB23

I really don't think they have. These past 2 games aren't anything drastically worse than what we've seen from the start of the season.

For me it's now become a case of results catching up to the performances. We were always bound to lose games, it's not the losing that bothers me so much, it's that we've played pretty average all season and haven't really made any progression. We may well play like we did today and beat Southend, that won't inspire me with confidence going forward over the rest of the season. This team really needs to start showing more than it has so far.
I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:18 - Oct 23 with 1720 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:12 - Oct 23 by JDB23

I really don't think they have. These past 2 games aren't anything drastically worse than what we've seen from the start of the season.

For me it's now become a case of results catching up to the performances. We were always bound to lose games, it's not the losing that bothers me so much, it's that we've played pretty average all season and haven't really made any progression. We may well play like we did today and beat Southend, that won't inspire me with confidence going forward over the rest of the season. This team really needs to start showing more than it has so far.

Also I think that the opposition are starting to look better as teams. First Accrington played solidly as a unit against us and I think Rotherham were really pretty good tonight as the away team. They had the measure of us in every area and looked very assured too.

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:22 - Oct 23 with 1680 viewspointofblue

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:18 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Also I think that the opposition are starting to look better as teams. First Accrington played solidly as a unit against us and I think Rotherham were really pretty good tonight as the away team. They had the measure of us in every area and looked very assured too.

Which makes me worried that teams have simply worked us out and we have no idea how to better them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:23 - Oct 23 with 1655 viewsMrTown

Really?

Which game have we shone at?

Style has been no existent/oof ball/Mick & Terry tactics

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I think we all knew our successes this season have just papered over the cracks. on 22:24 - Oct 23 with 1647 viewsN2_Blue

First time I have ever agreed with you but this is 100% right unfortunately

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:25 - Oct 23 with 1626 viewspointofblue

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:23 - Oct 23 by MrTown

Really?

Which game have we shone at?

Style has been no existent/oof ball/Mick & Terry tactics

Sunderland first half. That's the only match where I could see a clear styled and we played the opposition of the park.

The second half was more in line with the rest of the season.

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:28 - Oct 23 with 1598 viewsHerbivore

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:22 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

Which makes me worried that teams have simply worked us out and we have no idea how to better them.

Not sure how teams have worked us out when even we have no clue how we're meant to be playing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 1585 viewspointofblue

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:28 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Not sure how teams have worked us out when even we have no clue how we're meant to be playing.

They may have just spotted that we're clueless whereas early on teams showed us a lot of respect.

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 1584 viewsReuser_is_God

What he said.

2 defeats in 13 & we’re suddenly Sunday league.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 1569 viewspointofblue

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:29 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

What he said.

2 defeats in 13 & we’re suddenly Sunday league.

If we continue to play as we have over the past two games that '2' will grow and grow.

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:30 - Oct 23 with 1557 viewsMrTown

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:25 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

Sunderland first half. That's the only match where I could see a clear styled and we played the opposition of the park.

The second half was more in line with the rest of the season.

Don’t disagree, but 45 minutes out of 13/14 games.

Jesus wept, what does he coach them, he’s had a full pre season and the best squad in the league by a long way.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:34 - Oct 23 with 1526 viewsChurchman

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:22 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

I’m sure most teams improve as the season progresses and early pace setters get worked out, like Portsmouth last year. I just hope last year’s week in week out hidings that the majority of the squad got used to isn’t coming back to haunt us. After all, we were one of the worst teams to ever grace the Championship and would have struggled to beat any professional side.

I had hoped we’d get stronger as the squad seemed so together after such a good start. Maybe this is an blip’ and patience is required. The next 2 or 3 games will give the answer.
I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:36 - Oct 23 with 1499 viewsReuser_is_God

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:29 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

If we continue to play as we have over the past two games that '2' will grow and grow.

Cor, I think you may be on to something there.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:42 - Oct 23 with 1452 viewsJDB23

I think we all knew our success this season have just papered over the cracks on 22:34 - Oct 23 by Churchman

I’m sure most teams improve as the season progresses and early pace setters get worked out, like Portsmouth last year. I just hope last year’s week in week out hidings that the majority of the squad got used to isn’t coming back to haunt us. After all, we were one of the worst teams to ever grace the Championship and would have struggled to beat any professional side.

I had hoped we’d get stronger as the squad seemed so together after such a good start. Maybe this is an blip’ and patience is required. The next 2 or 3 games will give the answer.

Only Chambers, Skuse, Downes and Jackson could lay claim to short confidence from last season. If this team's confidence crumbles after one defeat then it's a pretty weak team and coaching staff, nothing to do with getting battered last season.

Not sure that's the case personally, don't think we've seen a great deal of variation in the performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024