Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert rotation system 17:54 - Oct 25 with 1039 viewsonlymehere

Anyone else think that it could be our downfall this season and changing formation from one game to the next,
Personally I think a settled side is the way to go consistency is a recipe for success and has been proven in years gone by we have only played 13 league games in 3 1/2 months that’s less than one game a week if I’m correct.
I think Lambert thinks he is also a tinker man but every time he tries we seem to stutter on the field .
I want Lambert to be successful here and take us foward but I can’t help thinking our good start is going to be undone as the season progresses.
Lambert rotation system on 18:07 - Oct 25 with 1021 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think the exact opposite. Come the business end of the season our players will be less fatigued than other teams with smaller squads.

It's also a factor as to why we have mostly won our games in the second half of games as our fitness is better than the opposition.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 18:11]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lambert rotation system on 18:22 - Oct 25 with 993 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert rotation system on 18:07 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

I think the exact opposite. Come the business end of the season our players will be less fatigued than other teams with smaller squads.

It's also a factor as to why we have mostly won our games in the second half of games as our fitness is better than the opposition.

Indeed, I can see both sides of this.

I still think the fitness and form of our key players - Downes, Garbutt, KVY, Norwood and Sears will be key.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert rotation system on 18:35 - Oct 25 with 981 viewsAlexwaddell

Lambert rotation system on 18:22 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, I can see both sides of this.

I still think the fitness and form of our key players - Downes, Garbutt, KVY, Norwood and Sears will be key.

I for one, would like to see an established first team and an established formation, be it 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 with no square pegs in round holes.one or two changes to freshen things up and rest knocks and tired legs, but not 4 or 5 as we have done on a regular basis. It is the only way to establish relationships on the park. I would also prefer more than 5 minutes of pressure on the opposition and having to resort to long ball when we have no target men (a la Daryl murphy).

Poll: What was today?

Lambert rotation system on 18:57 - Oct 25 with 958 viewsBasuco

I think that the squad rotation will be very good over the course of a season.
Lambert rotation system on 19:06 - Oct 25 with 955 viewsstrikalite

He does come out some rubbish at times, systems don't win matches players do is one, agree also with post above about relationships on the pitch, if you've built an understanding which takes about a dozen games, it's surely easier knowing in an instant what other players are likely to do, I think sometimes we look so pedestrian purely because there is no understanding, no quick understanding..
Lambert rotation system on 19:43 - Oct 25 with 929 viewsGuthrum

As he said this morning, if the replacements in case of injury or suspension haven't played enough games to be fully up to speed and au fait with the setup and other team members, then they will not be so effective as if they'd had the experience of being rotated in several times beforehand.

E.g. Dozzell sits on the bench for 30 games then is suddenly expected to run our midfield, how's he going to do?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert rotation system on 19:45 - Oct 25 with 927 viewsGuthrum

Lambert rotation system on 18:07 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed, the Accrinton players were gasping for breath in the latter part of the second half and, had Dobra not got himself sent off, we could I think have turned things around with the energy of his attacking play.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024