Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone 15:39 - Oct 24 with 5507 viewsThe_Major

Cripes, now there was someone who you knew you'd been tackled by.

A defender that the phrase "no-nonsense" was invented for, and no mistake.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 15:43 - Oct 24 with 5476 viewsblueislander

Sad news. For budgie fans of that era he was iconic.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 15:46 - Oct 24 with 5458 viewsThe_Major

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 15:43 - Oct 24 by blueislander

Sad news. For budgie fans of that era he was iconic.

Quite. I believe he is to them as the Beat was to us.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 16:20 - Oct 24 with 5386 viewsPJH

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 15:46 - Oct 24 by The_Major

In the days when referees literally booked players I thought it best that they write Forbes' name in the book before the start of the game and then cross it out at the end if there had not been a reason to book him.

RIP though.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 16:23 - Oct 24 with 5375 viewsblueislander

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 15:46 - Oct 24 by The_Major

But nowhere near in ability.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 19:15 - Oct 24 with 5147 viewsSharkey

270 games for Colchester before Norwich, 1961-1968. He was belatedly inducted into the U's hall of fame in 2016. He had been afflicted by alzheimers for many years, and the award was accepted on his behalf by Ray Crawford.

It was a very heavy ball he headed for so many years.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 19:25 - Oct 24 with 5111 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 16:23 - Oct 24 by blueislander

Doesn’t matter does it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 19:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 4980 viewshaynes_toe1

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 16:23 - Oct 24 by blueislander

Not relevant to this post. If you could just have some decency and either offer your condolences or skip past the thread, that would be great.

RIP Duncan.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 21:01 - Oct 24 with 4937 viewsTheBoyBlue

Sad news indeed.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 4821 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Far too young to have seen him play.

Can only feel sad for fans of the age that did, seeing their heroes pass away must be terrible. Very sad news.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 10:55 - Oct 25 with 4556 viewsArnieM

I noticed About Narwich showed a clip of him scoring against us ( Milk cup?) who’d have thunk it thought they’d do that eh ! 🙄

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 11:44 - Oct 25 with 4504 viewsPJH

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 10:55 - Oct 25 by ArnieM

I noticed About Narwich showed a clip of him scoring against us ( Milk cup?) who’d have thunk it thought they’d do that eh ! 🙄

I would be surprised because Duncan Forbes never scored against us-at least not in a competitive game although he might have done in a friendly or a testimonial.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 4276 viewsnorfsufblue

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 11:44 - Oct 25 by PJH

I would be surprised because Duncan Forbes never scored against us-at least not in a competitive game although he might have done in a friendly or a testimonial.

I think it was actually Sheff we'd as we never wore white sleeves from the end of the sixties and throughout the 70's.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 18:12 - Oct 25 with 4204 viewshaynes_toe1

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 17:11 - Oct 25 by norfsufblue

I think it was actually Sheff we'd as we never wore white sleeves from the end of the sixties and throughout the 70's.

Arnie was wrong? Dont believe it...
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 21:10 - Oct 25 with 4065 viewsbackwaywhen

R I P DF one of the games hard men.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 22:08 - Oct 25 with 3901 viewsArnieM

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 18:12 - Oct 25 by haynes_toe1

Arnie was wrong? Dont believe it...

What’s that supposed to mean? I genuinely thought it was against us. Have I done something to offend you ??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 22:58 - Oct 25 with 3836 viewshandslikeplates

Sad news, he was a very good player for Norwich, played during the days that you could make a tackle.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 07:37 - Oct 26 with 3677 viewscolly

A tough Scot who became an East Anglian.

He played 270 games for us before going to Carrow Road. I wouldn't recall him, but a few oldies I know have spoken about him with great regard after hearing of his end.

He cost Norwich £10, 000 , btw. Decent then but an ordinary Championship player's weekly wage now.
Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 11:33 - Oct 26 with 3525 viewsyoda

Sad news from over the border - Duncan Forbes gone on 10:55 - Oct 25 by ArnieM

Even on a thread like this you can't help yourself can you? the clip wasn't Ipswich and it wasn't the Milk cup but never mind aye? you have to have a pop at Norwich no matter what the subject matter.You are a nasty old woman get some help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024