Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any thoughts on this? 20:47 - Nov 1 with 4692 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Does women’s rights now sit behind the rights of a trans person? Because there will undoubtedly be women who find this very uncomfortable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7638497/amp/M-S-sparks-gender-neutral-f

*Apologies for the Mail link. Saw the actual story on twitter originally.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Any thoughts on this? on 20:49 - Nov 1 with 2502 viewsfooters

You seem awfully preoccupied with trans issues, buh. Live and let live, eh? Doubt it affects you so chill and follow the Towen.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any thoughts on this? on 20:55 - Nov 1 with 2465 viewsLankHenners

It’s nothing to do with someone’s rights being ‘superior’ to another’s, more so M&S making a complete hash of the whole situation.

People need to stop ranking rights/issues of various groups as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Any thoughts on this? on 20:57 - Nov 1 with 2453 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a tough time for businesses who are in a lose/lose situation. They are going to offend someone whatever they do.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any thoughts on this? on 20:59 - Nov 1 with 2436 viewsJ2BLUE

Any thoughts on this? on 20:55 - Nov 1 by LankHenners

It’s nothing to do with someone’s rights being ‘superior’ to another’s, more so M&S making a complete hash of the whole situation.

That is going to happen when the interests of groups are directly in opposition. I don't think you can just say stop it.

Truly impaired.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:02 - Nov 1 with 2421 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure I see the problem.

Changing areas are just a curtain and if they were unisex it wouldn't change the basic rules that people can try on clothes in privacy.

Added to which, I've been in and around enough female changing areas waiting for my daughters and wife as a long-suffering shopping aide. Not sure a trans person is any huge concern given how open everything is anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Any thoughts on this? on 21:03 - Nov 1 with 2403 viewsLankHenners

Any thoughts on this? on 20:59 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

That is going to happen when the interests of groups are directly in opposition. I don't think you can just say stop it.

How are they “directly in opposition” here? Properly set up gender-neutral changing rooms would be fine, not this blundered free for all system M&S seem to have created.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:03 - Nov 1 with 2404 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 20:59 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

What interests of groups are directly in opposition? If you take triggered white males out of the equation, of course.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:05 - Nov 1 with 2389 viewsJ2BLUE

Any thoughts on this? on 21:03 - Nov 1 by LankHenners

How are they “directly in opposition” here? Properly set up gender-neutral changing rooms would be fine, not this blundered free for all system M&S seem to have created.

I wasn't specifically talking about this issue. I thought your comment was a general comment.

To give Darth an example, trans women in sports etc.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Any thoughts on this? on 21:06 - Nov 1 with 2375 viewsgiant_stow

Any thoughts on this? on 21:03 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

What interests of groups are directly in opposition? If you take triggered white males out of the equation, of course.

Don't think that's fair - seems a live issue for many women.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any thoughts on this? on 21:07 - Nov 1 with 2365 viewsjeera

Any thoughts on this? on 21:02 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

Not sure I see the problem.

Changing areas are just a curtain and if they were unisex it wouldn't change the basic rules that people can try on clothes in privacy.

Added to which, I've been in and around enough female changing areas waiting for my daughters and wife as a long-suffering shopping aide. Not sure a trans person is any huge concern given how open everything is anyway.

Isn't part of the argument here that anyone can say they're cross-gender though and wander into areas?

I see in the article M&S state cubicles can be locked so in that respect it shouldn't matter who's in which, but there is usually a common area outside the cubicles isn't there, where women generally like to ask the opinion of whoever they're with.

But then that part is usually the bit where bored dads/partners wait around anyway as you say.

I'm more concerned I'm bored enough to try to care.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any thoughts on this? on 21:12 - Nov 1 with 2336 viewsLankHenners

Any thoughts on this? on 21:05 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

I wasn't specifically talking about this issue. I thought your comment was a general comment.

It was specific because the OP is guilty of doing it.

I’d say generally it’s only more complex issues where there is some sort of “opposition” though I’d hesitate to call it that.

You do see it a lot though when there’s a trans rights issue and there’s a backlash of ‘oh so suddenly they’re more important than everyone else then are they?’ nonsense.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 2315 viewsFtnfwest

Any thoughts on this? on 21:07 - Nov 1 by jeera

Isn't part of the argument here that anyone can say they're cross-gender though and wander into areas?

I see in the article M&S state cubicles can be locked so in that respect it shouldn't matter who's in which, but there is usually a common area outside the cubicles isn't there, where women generally like to ask the opinion of whoever they're with.

But then that part is usually the bit where bored dads/partners wait around anyway as you say.

Which cubicle do drag queens go into? (Asking for a ‘friend’)
Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 2312 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 21:05 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Which is a very specific and complex example.

Here there needs to be discussion and even thinking about what the nature of sport is. There aren't any simple answers but personally, I think women's sports would do well to be inclusive here.
If we're going to have hard and fast rules about where trans athletes shouldn't have a chance then we might as well scrap all genders and say women just can't have their own sports.

Trying to find a balance around testosterone levels would be a start.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 2299 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 21:07 - Nov 1 by jeera

As you say, the bored dads/partners are there anyway.

It's really not a big issue, and not a gender issue, if people's privacy is taken as read.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:19 - Nov 1 with 2286 viewsjeera

Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Ftnfwest

I'll let you know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any thoughts on this? on 21:20 - Nov 1 with 2283 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 21:06 - Nov 1 by giant_stow

Don't think that's fair - seems a live issue for many women.

Then I think they need to have a bit more understanding for trans people. Overall.

I'm not sure they're trying to impose themselves on women rather than find a place where they fit in, despite that place not being at all clear.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:28 - Nov 1 with 2238 viewsgiant_stow

Any thoughts on this? on 21:20 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

Then I think they need to have a bit more understanding for trans people. Overall.

I'm not sure they're trying to impose themselves on women rather than find a place where they fit in, despite that place not being at all clear.

I can absolutely see what you're saying, but these issues really do seem like a true clash of rights and needs, at least in certain situations. I believe there's a huge debate in the lgbt world about all this right now and I can see why.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any thoughts on this? on 21:29 - Nov 1 with 2235 viewsgiant_stow

Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Ftnfwest

Depends if they're in drag I guess

Any thoughts on this? on 21:31 - Nov 1 with 2230 viewsgiant_stow

Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

Here there needs to be discussion and even thinking about what the nature of sport is. There aren't any simple answers but personally, I think women's sports would do well to be inclusive here.
If we're going to have hard and fast rules about where trans athletes shouldn't have a chance then we might as well scrap all genders and say women just can't have their own sports.

So women: accept trans athletes or we'll just have to stop your chance of glory or making a living like us men can do?! I can see why a feminist would kick off at that point.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 21:33]

Any thoughts on this? on 21:32 - Nov 1 with 2229 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 21:28 - Nov 1 by giant_stow

I can absolutely see what you're saying, but these issues really do seem like a true clash of rights and needs, at least in certain situations. I believe there's a huge debate in the lgbt world about all this right now and I can see why.

There's a debate certainly. But a woman who says she thinks it's bad isn't the definitive voice on the subject.

Of course, listen to her and others but what's the practical and fair solution for a group who have more to deal with in society than almost anyone else?

Any thoughts on this? on 21:32 - Nov 1 with 2226 viewsitfcjoe

Any thoughts on this? on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

Trans women competing in women’s sports is inherently unfair and will be the death of it.

The Brits going away from Best Male and Best Female will affect women more than men.

Trans rights are trumping women’s rights currently, it’s wrong and will balance out in time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any thoughts on this? on 21:33 - Nov 1 with 2226 viewsBlueBadger

Any thoughts on this? on 20:49 - Nov 1 by footers

You seem awfully preoccupied with trans issues, buh. Live and let live, eh? Doubt it affects you so chill and follow the Towen.

This is where I'm at, I'm not for one second going to pretend I understand all this '100 different genders' stuff the kids go on about, but I don't think that being a dick about it is the right thing to do.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any thoughts on this? on 21:37 - Nov 1 with 2213 viewsStokieBlue

Can't really see the logic in having changing rooms divided by sex anyway - everything important happens behind a door and in private.

Unisex toilets are becoming increasingly prevalent, this seems little different.

It's 2019, not 1950. Things change.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any thoughts on this? on 21:39 - Nov 1 with 2191 viewsDarth_Koont

Any thoughts on this? on 21:31 - Nov 1 by giant_stow

So women: accept trans athletes or we'll just have to stop your chance of glory or making a living like us men can do?! I can see why a feminist would kick off at that point.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 21:33]

Women's sports exist because sport is for everyone. And far more important than winning or losing.

Now give that right to a trans person ...

If women say no then they're putting their own rights at risk. They need to embrace male-female trans people and help them find a place in sport as women.

And male sport can share a bit more of its money to help female sport and share the responsibility.

Sport is for all. All we have to do is remember that.

Any thoughts on this? on 21:48 - Nov 1 with 2167 viewsitfcjoe

Any thoughts on this? on 21:39 - Nov 1 by Darth_Koont

Women's sports exist because sport is for everyone. And far more important than winning or losing.

Now give that right to a trans person ...

If women say no then they're putting their own rights at risk. They need to embrace male-female trans people and help them find a place in sport as women.

And male sport can share a bit more of its money to help female sport and share the responsibility.

Sport is for all. All we have to do is remember that.

When push comes to shove that doesn’t work.

The former NZ male champion power lifter cleaning up the medals in women’s weightlifting now they are trans.

The trans cyclist winning the indoors. The trans women wrestling girls in the States.

This will be, and probably already is being, exploited and who wants to see what are effectively men in a physical sense beating women comfortably? How does that encourage women to go into sports?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024