Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year 15:37 - Nov 5 with 1477 viewsdavblue

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/11854846/norwich-city-announce-38m

Probably null and void as they are in the prem but that's a big loss.
I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 15:43 - Nov 5 with 1431 viewsIllinoisblue

more detail from the excellent Kevin Maguire:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 15:44 - Nov 5 with 1422 viewsmonytowbray

“ Norwich's chief operating officer Ben Kensell said: "These figures demonstrate the club's financial resilience with our first year without parachute payments”

It’s easy to say seeing as they went up, but if they didn’t they’d have been screwed this year. God I hate them, they’ve rolled the dice so many times in the last decade and almost always landed a double six. Their luck will come to an end one day, they’re a gambler’s club, not some kind of beacon of footballing safety.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 15:48 - Nov 5 with 1378 viewsGeoffSentence

They desperatey needed that promotion. Without it they would have been more fvcked than we are financially, what with Delia being a pauper footballwise.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 16:36 - Nov 5 with 1226 viewsSwansea_Blue

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 15:44 - Nov 5 by monytowbray

“ Norwich's chief operating officer Ben Kensell said: "These figures demonstrate the club's financial resilience with our first year without parachute payments”

It’s easy to say seeing as they went up, but if they didn’t they’d have been screwed this year. God I hate them, they’ve rolled the dice so many times in the last decade and almost always landed a double six. Their luck will come to an end one day, they’re a gambler’s club, not some kind of beacon of footballing safety.

I think all he means there is that they were able to cover the shortfall without incurring cash flow issues, as opposed to being in a good state.

This kind of bursts the myth that Farke went back to basics and got them promoted on togetherness and team spirit (after shedding the bigger earners from their last PL stint). They spent considerably more than most clubs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 16:39 - Nov 5 with 1200 viewsSteve_M

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 15:44 - Nov 5 by monytowbray

It was pretty clear last season that, for all the talk of a sustainable model, it was a final attempt at promotion using the benefits of parachute payments. Unfortunately they did better than we did in 2004-05 and, whereas we haven't really recovered, this season will keep them going for another few years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I just stumbled across Norwich's financial results for last year on 16:39 - Nov 5 with 1195 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Exactly this. They would have been in real trouble and they knew it.

They were fairly publically looking for investment around 14 months ago. Will be interesting to see when they do change hands - I was told quite reliably that it would be fairly soon but that was a little while ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024