Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
you know those..... 08:43 - Nov 6 with 1344 viewsblueysbackside

....charity games when you get a star-studded XI playing a mickey mouse team in order to raise funds for a good cause. We are that star-studded team. Albeit, of course, this is League One.
We have no discernible pattern of play, while our manager doesn't know his strongest XI (after 40-odd games in charge).
We are winning games because we have better players at this level than the other poorer teams we are facing week in week out.
Just like that star-studded team, we appear to play like a bunch of pros who have turned up for matchday on the back of a good training session.
Maybe I should just be enjoying the ride after the problems last season but I have serious doubts about Lambert taking us forward.
Thanks.
you know those..... on 08:50 - Nov 6 with 1314 viewsReuser_is_God

After last seasons disaster we had doubts over how we'd do this season but that's turned out pretty well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

you know those..... on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 1243 viewsBasuco

Or maybe PL is doing what is required to win games in this league? I must admit I just accept that we are winning games, we may not look like Fulham did that year in the Championship but we are winning and top of the table. That for me is the most important thing, forget the rest until it either fails or we are promoted.
you know those..... on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 1235 viewsclive_baker

I think people are over egging quite how superior our squad is in terms of quality. For the most part this season we've had a keeper than shipped 70 goals for Gillingham last year and finished mid table at this level, a right-back signed from Colchester in League 2, a home grown centre half who was playing in L2 last year, Wilson couldn't get in the Lincoln team, a left back who Oxford didn't rate according to some, Rowe was on loan at Lincoln last year, Edwards has spent his career in L1, Nolan was playing in the Conference for 5 years up until 2016, Jackson won a Samsung competition to be a footballer and looks every bit a competition winner at times, Norwood had never kicked a ball at this level until this season either.

I'm being a bit flippant but Sunderland had arguably a more 'star-studded' squad than us and have thus far failed to bounce back. We don't have a god given right to be top, and unless things were right off the pitch we wouldn't be where we are with 10 wins in 15. We're doing well, and Lambert's done well considering the mess he inherited a year ago. I do think we can play better but that will come, it takes time to go from whipping boys to having the belief that we can really dominate games for large spells.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

you know those..... on 10:06 - Nov 6 with 1224 viewsartsbossbeard

"Serious doubts" and I've also seen the term "very worried" today. For a team sitting top with a game in hand.

Unbunch your panties and just enjoy the fact that we're winning games AND if we can continue to grind out results, we could do much like our Norfolk neighbours did and come up with some momentum.

Honestly, it's like some people are simply looking for anything to whine about.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

you know those..... on 10:07 - Nov 6 with 1215 viewsReuser_is_God

you know those..... on 10:01 - Nov 6 by clive_baker

I think people are over egging quite how superior our squad is in terms of quality. For the most part this season we've had a keeper than shipped 70 goals for Gillingham last year and finished mid table at this level, a right-back signed from Colchester in League 2, a home grown centre half who was playing in L2 last year, Wilson couldn't get in the Lincoln team, a left back who Oxford didn't rate according to some, Rowe was on loan at Lincoln last year, Edwards has spent his career in L1, Nolan was playing in the Conference for 5 years up until 2016, Jackson won a Samsung competition to be a footballer and looks every bit a competition winner at times, Norwood had never kicked a ball at this level until this season either.

I'm being a bit flippant but Sunderland had arguably a more 'star-studded' squad than us and have thus far failed to bounce back. We don't have a god given right to be top, and unless things were right off the pitch we wouldn't be where we are with 10 wins in 15. We're doing well, and Lambert's done well considering the mess he inherited a year ago. I do think we can play better but that will come, it takes time to go from whipping boys to having the belief that we can really dominate games for large spells.

Yeah but we haven’t put in a complete 90 minute performance yet or something like that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

you know those..... on 10:09 - Nov 6 with 1206 viewsBlueBadger

you know those..... on 10:06 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

"Serious doubts" and I've also seen the term "very worried" today. For a team sitting top with a game in hand.

Unbunch your panties and just enjoy the fact that we're winning games AND if we can continue to grind out results, we could do much like our Norfolk neighbours did and come up with some momentum.

For me, I'm not much concerned about our prospects this season.
The start of the season has pretty much allayed my fears about a 'slow start and just miss out' season. Next season, on the other hand, if we finish this getting promoted doing just enough to win matches has the potential to be painful.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

you know those..... on 10:09 - Nov 6 with 1206 viewsclive_baker

you know those..... on 10:06 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

Innit. We're top of the league, enjoy it. People expect to see Jon Nolan popping the ball around like Xavi.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

you know those..... on 10:18 - Nov 6 with 1168 viewsartsbossbeard

you know those..... on 10:09 - Nov 6 by clive_baker

Innit. We're top of the league, enjoy it. People expect to see Jon Nolan popping the ball around like Xavi.

I'll happily accept that we're atop of a pub league but you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Enjoy the ride, peeps.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Login to get fewer ads

you know those..... on 10:20 - Nov 6 with 1169 viewsBlueBadger

you know those..... on 10:18 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

I'll happily accept that we're atop of a pub league but you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Enjoy the ride, peeps.

We look a bit like Celtic or Rangers playing in the Scottish league at the moment. I just hope that we don't get the sort of reality check next season that those two get every time they play in Europe.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

you know those..... on 10:22 - Nov 6 with 1149 viewsartsbossbeard

you know those..... on 10:20 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

We look a bit like Celtic or Rangers playing in the Scottish league at the moment. I just hope that we don't get the sort of reality check next season that those two get every time they play in Europe.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:27]

That's a fair take on things.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024