Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First they came for the travellers.... 09:43 - Nov 16 with 7111 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/13/priti-patel-demonisation-g
http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/2019/11/15/first-they-came-for-the-travellers-p

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First they came for the travellers.... on 10:35 - Nov 16 with 3953 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Priti Patel showing what an 'existential threats really looks like......!

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:15 - Nov 16 with 3924 viewsBasuco

If you take the politics out of the story we probably all know of a site where travellers turn up on private property, steal from local shops and leave a large pile of rubbish behind when they leave. It sounds like they are going for the type of traveller who give the genuine travelling gypsies a bad name rather than anyone in a caravan which the story implies. Because taking away the caravan is the only threat a land owner can make because they are all called Jim Smith with an address the caravan site. This looks like yet another election story that will be forgotten in a month's time.
First they came for the travellers.... on 11:28 - Nov 16 with 3903 viewsLord_Lucan

Can't we all just give them a big hug?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:29 - Nov 16 with 3910 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My personal experience of travellers has only been bad.

A certain number of them do a good job of demonising themselves.

I'm sure there are plenty of very nice travellers, Tyson and Tommy Fury seem like good eggs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:36 - Nov 16 with 3882 viewsBlueBadger

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:28 - Nov 16 by Lord_Lucan

There's no way I'm giving Priti Patel a hug, I bet up close she smells of free markets and internalised racism.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:36 - Nov 16 with 3890 viewshampstead_blue

Her constituency has had a long running problem with gypsies. They park their caravans on verges, leave mess, and commit petty crime.
Around Maldon they used to half block the lanes and leave an awful trail of destruction behind them.

They squat on land..JC would give them free use of other people's land no doubt.

Let's not even start on taxes.

The traditional gypsy is fine. This lot are not. They take from society and give nothing back.

Before we make Priti look like some despot, let's get a reasonable context.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:39 - Nov 16 with 3877 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:15 - Nov 16 by Basuco

If you take the politics out of the story we probably all know of a site where travellers turn up on private property, steal from local shops and leave a large pile of rubbish behind when they leave. It sounds like they are going for the type of traveller who give the genuine travelling gypsies a bad name rather than anyone in a caravan which the story implies. Because taking away the caravan is the only threat a land owner can make because they are all called Jim Smith with an address the caravan site. This looks like yet another election story that will be forgotten in a month's time.

No....they are going for all travellers including all the ones you never notice because they are doing nothing wrong....looks like Patel has found her target voter.

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:42 - Nov 16 with 3856 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:36 - Nov 16 by hampstead_blue

Her constituency has had a long running problem with gypsies. They park their caravans on verges, leave mess, and commit petty crime.
Around Maldon they used to half block the lanes and leave an awful trail of destruction behind them.

They squat on land..JC would give them free use of other people's land no doubt.

Let's not even start on taxes.

The traditional gypsy is fine. This lot are not. They take from society and give nothing back.

Before we make Priti look like some despot, let's get a reasonable context.

....and there are no existing laws to deal with this....?
Chalk up another target bigot!
How would you feel about Jewish travellers?

Login to get fewer ads

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:44 - Nov 16 with 3850 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:28 - Nov 16 by Lord_Lucan

Not all of "them" no.

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:45 - Nov 16 with 3850 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:39 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

No....they are going for all travellers including all the ones you never notice because they are doing nothing wrong....looks like Patel has found her target voter.

If they are trespassing, I don't see a problem with measures being put in place to prevent that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:46 - Nov 16 with 3846 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So far this thread has established why they came for the travellers first....good work.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:02 - Nov 16 with 3817 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:46 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

So far this thread has established why they came for the travellers first....good work.

I don't see an issue here.

Is it ok then for hoards of travellers to trespass and cause havoc?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:13 - Nov 16 with 3795 viewsfactual_blue

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:02 - Nov 16 by Lord_Lucan

Other forms of law-breaking are available.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:15 - Nov 16 with 3795 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The police have said there are enough existing powers without confisating homes.
Patel is successfully whipping up bigotry for political reasons.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:16 - Nov 16 with 3792 viewsJ2BLUE

You're not allowed to ask things like. It's a black and white issue. No area of grey will be tolerated.

This policy goes too far but more needs to be done about the ones who take the piss.

Welcome back Lucan, you've been missed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:17 - Nov 16 with 3793 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:13 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

Other forms of law-breaking are available.

Which should be punished.

Not sure what you are getting at. You can have your vehicle seized for having no tax or insurance.

Is it now trendy to ignore offences caused by travellers?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:18 - Nov 16 with 3784 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:16 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

You're not allowed to ask things like. It's a black and white issue. No area of grey will be tolerated.

This policy goes too far but more needs to be done about the ones who take the piss.

Welcome back Lucan, you've been missed.

What is wrong with you?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:20 - Nov 16 with 3780 viewsJ2BLUE

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:18 - Nov 16 by Lord_Lucan

What is wrong with you?

How long have you got?

Truly impaired.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:22 - Nov 16 with 3773 viewspointofblue

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:15 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

The police have said there are enough existing powers without confisating homes.

So is the argument that the police do not have either the manpower or the will to implement the existing legislation instead?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:23 - Nov 16 with 3772 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:15 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

If the police acted on these powers swiftly there would be no reason for government to consider shooting a warning shot across the bow.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:28 - Nov 16 with 3754 viewsIllinoisblue

The quotes from “Briony” sound made up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:32 - Nov 16 with 3743 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:28 - Nov 16 by Illinoisblue

The quotes from “Briony” sound made up.

Most news is made up or exaggerated, unfortunately;

a/ People want to believe it.

b/ People want it to be true so they can be offended.

c/ People are thick.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 12:35]

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:39 - Nov 16 with 3715 viewsIllinoisblue

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:32 - Nov 16 by Lord_Lucan

Most news is made up or exaggerated, unfortunately;

a/ People want to believe it.

b/ People want it to be true so they can be offended.

c/ People are thick.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 12:35]

Social media will be the downfall of civilization. The amount of lies and nonsense spread every day by people too fooking stupid to stop and think for even one single second is quite staggering. This reinforcement of ignorance is incredibly dangerous.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:41 - Nov 16 with 3702 viewsJ2BLUE

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:39 - Nov 16 by Illinoisblue

Social media will be the downfall of civilization. The amount of lies and nonsense spread every day by people too fooking stupid to stop and think for even one single second is quite staggering. This reinforcement of ignorance is incredibly dangerous.

I've been saying it for years, social media is society's cancer.

Now it's just the ever accelerating race to the bottom and the end of civilisation.

Truly impaired.

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:50 - Nov 16 with 3690 viewsLord_Lucan

First they came for the travellers.... on 12:39 - Nov 16 by Illinoisblue

I agree. I don't do Faceache as it's controlled by "The Man" but BossBeard occasionally sends me a link of some conversation about how The Odeon is about to become the UK's biggest Mosque or immigrants are living in The Salthouse Hotel free of charge and things like that.

It is genuinely incredible!

In many ways TW4TD is like a left wing version.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024