Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon 18:33 - Nov 23 with 8916 viewsTommyparker

Witnesses said up to 50 people, some armed with weapons, were involved in the fight. Norwich road was closed around the Bramfod Road area.
Six people have been arrested in connection with the incident and have been taken into custody. Ambulance crews also attended the scene.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 19:38 - Nov 23 with 7810 viewsjeera

If you have absolute information you should be speaking to the police, not spreading it here.

Edit: this was in reply to the removed post, not the OP.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 22:18]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 19:44 - Nov 23 with 7736 viewssparks

Any chance of TWTD banning people voicing blatantly racist Farage-esque crap?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 7667 viewsPhilTWTD

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 19:44 - Nov 23 by sparks

Done. Refers to removed post if anyone is wondering.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 20:05 - Nov 23 with 7507 viewsBluespeed225

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 19:44 - Nov 23 by sparks

I was sparked behind Coes. Lively! Got a nice crew neck sweater.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 7252 viewsGaryCooper

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 20:05 - Nov 23 by Bluespeed225

I was sparked behind Coes. Lively! Got a nice crew neck sweater.

Sparked? Knocked out or an accidental S?
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 20:50 - Nov 23 with 7200 viewsfooters

It's that crew from Bungay stirring up trouble again. Or so I am told...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 01:41 - Nov 24 with 6323 viewsBluespeed225

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 20:44 - Nov 23 by GaryCooper

Sparked? Knocked out or an accidental S?

Ha, could have been sparked if I’d wondered out the front!
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 10:50 - Nov 24 with 5734 viewsbadadski

In fairness to them, if it was to warn peeps in the unknown to steer clear of a curtain area then what is wrong with it?
I agree in not spreading gossip however i have been walking to Burlington road surgery with wife and 3 year old son at the time in between both gangs converging on one another.

Luckily one of the gangmembers saw our family and turned tail and took his crew away from us. Police Helicopter, and by the sounds of it half the police force converged on the location.

This was broad day light as well and a well known turf war between two factions scattered up Bramford and norwich road.
Login to get fewer ads

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 10:54 - Nov 24 with 5725 viewsWeWereZombies

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 10:50 - Nov 24 by badadski

In fairness to them, if it was to warn peeps in the unknown to steer clear of a curtain area then what is wrong with it?
I agree in not spreading gossip however i have been walking to Burlington road surgery with wife and 3 year old son at the time in between both gangs converging on one another.

Luckily one of the gangmembers saw our family and turned tail and took his crew away from us. Police Helicopter, and by the sounds of it half the police force converged on the location.

This was broad day light as well and a well known turf war between two factions scattered up Bramford and norwich road.

A curtain area? Not a blind spot then...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:04 - Nov 24 with 5685 viewsWD19

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 10:54 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

Don’t be a pelmet.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:11 - Nov 24 with 5660 viewsbadadski

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 10:54 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

One group one walking down Stevenson road, the other up Dalton rd just as we were at the join on Burlington road in between both sets just 20 feet apart, some brandishing Bats, Crowbars. It was summer and 3.30 in afternoon, no attempt of concealment.

I was too young to witness 70-80's gangs in real life but have watched Green Street with the arranged gang fights and it was exactly the same as on of those just in the middle of a very public street.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:17 - Nov 24 with 5634 viewsWeWereZombies

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:11 - Nov 24 by badadski

One group one walking down Stevenson road, the other up Dalton rd just as we were at the join on Burlington road in between both sets just 20 feet apart, some brandishing Bats, Crowbars. It was summer and 3.30 in afternoon, no attempt of concealment.

I was too young to witness 70-80's gangs in real life but have watched Green Street with the arranged gang fights and it was exactly the same as on of those just in the middle of a very public street.

Summer - so not earlier this morning then. If this heavily armed gang turned tail at the sight of your family is does sound like you might have been well tooled up.

And 'Green Street' is fiction by the way. I'm not railing against discussion of gang culture, I know it goes on and has done in Ipswich for decades but you undermine your argument if you do not use English correctly and make posts that sound confused.

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:19 - Nov 24 with 5618 viewsGaryCooper

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:17 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

Summer - so not earlier this morning then. If this heavily armed gang turned tail at the sight of your family is does sound like you might have been well tooled up.

And 'Green Street' is fiction by the way. I'm not railing against discussion of gang culture, I know it goes on and has done in Ipswich for decades but you undermine your argument if you do not use English correctly and make posts that sound confused.

What is this Ipswich gang culture that has been going on for decades you speak of?
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 5556 viewsWeWereZombies

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:19 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

What is this Ipswich gang culture that has been going on for decades you speak of?

The nightclub Zest, on Princes Street, for a start. I was working at a venue in Cambridge and we discussed the circumstances around it at the time (bad security and multiple exits and entrances for example). That was a murder that had been transposed from South London because of the awareness of who was there and the weaknesses:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/nightclub-closed-over-violence-1-79047

However this was not an isolated incident and, having lived in the London Road area many years ago, you would have to be as 'head in the sand' as a Conservative voter to be unaware of some of the things that went on.

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 5550 viewsbadadski

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:19 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

Not to this level in middle of the day on a very public through road - but yes

I was born in Ipswich and have plenty of friends up off Nacton road, Hawk road and the Gainsborough area as well as Whitehall so not an oblivious snow flake having been a youngster in the 80's but this is a whole different kettle of fish.

feel free to heed warnings and take a stroll through said rivalry at a more unsociable hour by all means.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:35 - Nov 24 with 5508 viewsbadadski

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:17 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

Yes earlier on in the year, not the specific incident that happened yesterday but the same rivalry non the less. Just a polite warning to all. But if you are from there then you will already know the frequented bad spots to avoid.

I know Green street is a fictional film but the event i saw was very similar.
Not tooled up but i guess even certain gang members have a certain amount of awareness and decency that when they see a 3 year old and potential witnesses then they don't follow through with the threat of violence until said witness/family are out of sight.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:54 - Nov 24 with 5439 viewsGaryCooper

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:29 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

The nightclub Zest, on Princes Street, for a start. I was working at a venue in Cambridge and we discussed the circumstances around it at the time (bad security and multiple exits and entrances for example). That was a murder that had been transposed from South London because of the awareness of who was there and the weaknesses:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/nightclub-closed-over-violence-1-79047

However this was not an isolated incident and, having lived in the London Road area many years ago, you would have to be as 'head in the sand' as a Conservative voter to be unaware of some of the things that went on.

Anywhere near Surrey road? No gang violence there in the 1970s, 80s, there used to be regular estate/school battles so I suppose these could be classed as gangs in a chase and run type of scenario.

Why the Conservative voter insult? Childish and some distance wide, different view? Tory scum!!!
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 12:31 - Nov 24 with 5301 viewsWeWereZombies

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:54 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

Anywhere near Surrey road? No gang violence there in the 1970s, 80s, there used to be regular estate/school battles so I suppose these could be classed as gangs in a chase and run type of scenario.

Why the Conservative voter insult? Childish and some distance wide, different view? Tory scum!!!

I knew Surrey Road...romantically. Nothing to do with that but yep, you had your head in the sand...

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 12:39 - Nov 24 with 5275 viewsGaryCooper

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 12:31 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

I knew Surrey Road...romantically. Nothing to do with that but yep, you had your head in the sand...

There may have been Teddy boy gangs with their brothel creepers and drapes, to link to your earlier quip............
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 13:02 - Nov 24 with 5185 viewsWeWereZombies

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 12:39 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

There may have been Teddy boy gangs with their brothel creepers and drapes, to link to your earlier quip............

No, this was between 1973 and 1978 but it wasn't really that glam rock either. And it was not too surprising to me when the murders that Stephen Wright was convicted for (I am still slightly suspicious of a conviction based on overwhelming circumstantial evidence - if you were going to fit someone up then that is very convenient, not that I am going to go fully conspiracy theory on that one, he probably did do them) happened in the area thirty years later. Turf wars, as far as I can see, usually concern drugs (including smuggled cigarettes) or prostitution.

What did surprise me was that someone I knew had been to school with the first victim, he did not know her well but it changes your perception when the victim becomes a 'real person' rather than just a name in the newspapers. Makes you think about her friends and relations, makes you wonder how she ended up 'on the streets'.

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 13:27 - Nov 24 with 5083 viewsnoggin

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 12:39 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

Drapes? Certainly sounds like a curtain area.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 13:56 - Nov 24 with 4958 viewsmonytowbray

The y00f are all having turf wars over music and diss tracks which have translated into stabbings. Madness.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 14:07 - Nov 24 with 4898 viewsGaryCooper

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 13:56 - Nov 24 by monytowbray

The y00f are all having turf wars over music and diss tracks which have translated into stabbings. Madness.

Blimey.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 16:45 - Nov 24 with 4398 viewsjontysnut

Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 11:54 - Nov 24 by GaryCooper

Was at Northgate in the 70s and remember a few tear ups with Coplestone. Got lively with Tower Ramparts as well.
Six arrested after large street fight in Ipswich Town centre this afternoon on 17:56 - Nov 24 with 4061 viewsjaykay

i missed the post, so was it a regular poster doing the farage crap ? or one of the new right wingers to the board

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024