Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien 19:55 - Nov 23 with 4724 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was concerned when I saw he was playing. Never been impressed with him.

However, thought he had a very good game, one dodgy back pass that led to a corner aside.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Donacien on 20:58 - Nov 23 with 3990 viewsitfc_bucks

But even that was the right decision to make. Didn't quite execute, but still.

He was hugely impressive today. Heard him on the radio afterwards saying he sees himself as a RB though, so suspect however good he is, he's clearly 2nd choice.
Donacien on 21:00 - Nov 23 with 3983 viewsWestover

It was definitely his best game for Town.
Donacien on 21:05 - Nov 23 with 3973 viewsJDB23

As good as KVY has been at right back, I wonder if we could see him on the left if Donacien keeps these performances up? Would allow Garbutt to play further up which suits him much more. Personally I can't see that happening but gives us some options if Donacien is actually playable now.
Donacien on 21:12 - Nov 23 with 3963 viewshappybeingblue

he was awful he aimlessly hoofs it without any intent to look for a team mate,we must have been watching a different game.
Donacien on 21:13 - Nov 23 with 3949 viewsSwailsey

Donacien on 21:12 - Nov 23 by happybeingblue

he was awful he aimlessly hoofs it without any intent to look for a team mate,we must have been watching a different game.

Nonsnese.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Donacien on 21:31 - Nov 23 with 3882 viewsEly_Blue

The cross for the first goal obviously eluded you then!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Donacien on 21:43 - Nov 23 with 3827 viewsBloomBlue

Donacien on 21:31 - Nov 23 by Ely_Blue

The cross for the first goal obviously eluded you then!

He was probably adjusting the volume on his radio and missed the first goal
Donacien on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 3820 viewsIllinoisblue

One of the worst posts ever on TWTD

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien on 21:49 - Nov 23 with 3810 viewscressi

Donacien on 21:43 - Nov 23 by BloomBlue

He was probably adjusting the volume on his radio and missed the first goal

It may have being his best game so far and got down the line to cross a couple of times won headers but that's where it stops uncomfortable with the ball going fowards often lumps it without looking to give the ball away in this league a reasonable understudy if we go up simply not good enough.
Donacien on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 3767 viewsSwailsey

Donacien on 21:49 - Nov 23 by cressi

It may have being his best game so far and got down the line to cross a couple of times won headers but that's where it stops uncomfortable with the ball going fowards often lumps it without looking to give the ball away in this league a reasonable understudy if we go up simply not good enough.

Assuming you missed his nutmeg, besting the winger and great cross to nearly set up a goal second half then.

Granted he can look poor, but it was notable that his head dropped after he gave the corner away. Definitely a confidence player.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Donacien on 22:03 - Nov 23 with 3729 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree with you.

We were definitely watching a different game.

I saw him beat players and put the ball in the middle. Yes, his first cross appeared overhit but resulted in the goal and every cross from anyone after appeared to go back post (or get blocked or straight to the keeper) which suggests it may well have been a ploy.

Donacien on 02:18 - Nov 24 with 3464 viewsBlueBadger

It's not really saying much about him that his best game is one in which the defence he was part of conceded two goals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Donacien on 02:25 - Nov 24 with 3454 viewsjeera

Donacien on 21:47 - Nov 23 by Illinoisblue

One of the worst posts ever on TWTD

That's just the content.

Where to start with the grammar...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Donacien on 04:46 - Nov 24 with 3401 viewswkj

Donacien on 02:25 - Nov 24 by jeera

That's just the content.

No need to take it out on CS with an abuse report though Jeera

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien on 08:05 - Nov 24 with 3236 viewsSwailsey

Donacien on 04:46 - Nov 24 by wkj

No need to take it out on CS with an abuse report though Jeera

Nothing like wasting the admins time eh?

Donacien on 08:21 - Nov 24 with 3207 viewsChateauWines

Totally agree. I thought Donacien had played his last proper game for us weeks ago, he was that bad. He was solid at Lincoln and immense yesterday, indeed my man of match. All credit to him, we've all been on his back and he has played through the terrible form he had.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Donacien on 09:07 - Nov 24 with 3128 viewsHerbivore

I agree that he had a good game and on that evidence he's a perfectly capable understudy for KVY. Hopefully we'll see no more of Edwards as a full back now. Loved the nutmeg and whipped cross in the second half, great bit of play from him

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Donacien on 09:15 - Nov 24 with 3083 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Donacien on 09:07 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I agree that he had a good game and on that evidence he's a perfectly capable understudy for KVY. Hopefully we'll see no more of Edwards as a full back now. Loved the nutmeg and whipped cross in the second half, great bit of play from him

I reflected in this when considering the game this morning.

I don't think Blackpool focused their attack down their left at all. Every ball from the keeper was aimed at Garbutt. Donacien looked poor against Rotherham where their left was clearly a focus for their attack.

Donacien did have a very good game and that cannot be taken away from him and is promising but where an opposition has a very good left winger he needs to be more effective in combination with whoever is ahead of him (sometimes I think the support defensively he gets from Edwards is a big part of the problem).

Donacien on 09:40 - Nov 24 with 3011 viewsjudespiveyg

Donacien on 02:18 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

It's not really saying much about him that his best game is one in which the defence he was part of conceded two goals.

Neither of the goals were his fault, and he was a lot better going forward.
Had you actually been at the game you'd have known this.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Donacien on 09:44 - Nov 24 with 2991 viewssolemio

Donacien on 02:25 - Nov 24 by jeera

That's just the content.

More punctuation than grammar.
Donacien on 10:04 - Nov 24 with 2956 viewsurbanblue

Donacien on 22:03 - Nov 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree with you.

We were definitely watching a different game.

I saw him beat players and put the ball in the middle. Yes, his first cross appeared overhit but resulted in the goal and every cross from anyone after appeared to go back post (or get blocked or straight to the keeper) which suggests it may well have been a ploy.

It wasn't his first cross though. Earlier he whipped in probably the best cross we have done all season which produced i think a half chance. Can't quite remember but do remember that I had to do a double take that it was Donacien.

He had a very good game and also seemed to be getting forward more as well, although I do appreciate the way Blackpool were set up gave him the room to.
Donacien on 10:07 - Nov 24 with 2950 viewsDyland

Yep, he had a good game and did what he was meant to and not much more (which he can't really do anyway). He deserves credit for keeping his head down and concentrating on what he can do. Never going to be a world beater but is showing he is at the very least a more than capable second choice right back. It's the third division.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Donacien on 12:21 - Nov 24 with 2837 viewslongtimefan

Thought he was really good yesterday. I think many have underestimated his ability as a defender, preferring to concentrate on his weaknesses going forward. Yesterday I think he was good at both aspects of the role. Perhaps he has benefitted from playing regularly these last few weeks - which coupled with us losing Norwood, despite not playing, sort of questions whether the squad rotation approach is really the best way forward. I suppose it can be argued either way - he’s played well because rotation gave him a chance (though KVYs injury made this a necessity anyway) or maybe playing more of the first teasers the last few weeks might have improved the whole team’s coherence.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 12:52]
Donacien on 12:24 - Nov 24 with 2837 viewshappybeingblue

Donacien on 09:40 - Nov 24 by judespiveyg

i was at the game sitting in the upper north and was watching his distribution closely as i was on the right hand side,his side, my opinion so grow up if you do not agree then fine but i do not rate the guy
Donacien on 13:03 - Nov 24 with 2788 viewshappybeingblue

Donacien on 09:40 - Nov 24 by judespiveyg

i was at the game big deal he put a cross in and did not make a howler this game,he had plenty of space to run into second half if you were there you may have noticed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024