Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson’s terror-free utopia 23:05 - Nov 30 with 4164 viewsZedRodgers

This is classic post-May Tory electioneering. Their deceitful delicacy of year’s gone by has now been completed replaced by Bullingdon bungling.

Don’t be surprised at the scale of mild-mannered Tory defections to the Lib Dems at the close of the polls.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:08 - Nov 30 with 2344 viewsHerbivore

Which paper is printing this complete fabrication? Utterly shameless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:14 - Nov 30 with 2327 viewsZedRodgers

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:08 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Which paper is printing this complete fabrication? Utterly shameless.

MoS.

Will their readership gobble it up? Or is using the London Bridge attack in this way as transparent as it appears to normal people?

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:16 - Nov 30 with 2325 viewsHerbivore

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:14 - Nov 30 by ZedRodgers

MoS.

Will their readership gobble it up? Or is using the London Bridge attack in this way as transparent as it appears to normal people?

Less than two days after the attack, weaponising it and politicising it to that extent is beyond crass. I'd hope it'd put decent people off.

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:16 - Nov 30 with 2323 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:14 - Nov 30 by ZedRodgers

MoS.

Games gone Zed. The nutters* Have the keys.

*the thick of it
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 23:18]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:18 - Nov 30 with 2314 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:16 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Less than two days after the attack, weaponising it and politicising it to that extent is beyond crass. I'd hope it'd put decent people off.

Not a chance.

Good luck in your line of work for the next five, it’ll be chaos.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 00:02 - Dec 1 with 2255 viewsStokieBlue

Agreed - totally unacceptable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 00:19 - Dec 1 with 2241 viewssparks

What a load of old cock.

Embarrassing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 00:37 - Dec 1 with 2206 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Shameless, and yet sadly probably effective

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:18 - Dec 1 with 2202 viewsZedRodgers

In the article Johnson attaches blame to Labour by saying the killer was “sentenced 11 years ago under laws passed in 2008 which established automatic early release”.

This is an outright lie. Usman Khan was arrested and sentenced in 7 years ago, in 2012:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50611788

He was given an indeterminate sentence due to being deemed high risk, before his sentence was updated to fixed term by the Appeals Court in 2013. Indeterminate sentences were scrapped by the Tories in 2012. There were certainly issues with indeterminate sentences - They didn’t serve the purpose they were introduced for.

I’m not necessarily criticising the decision to scrap indeterminate sentences, but there are still serious questions to ask about how the Conservative government of the time managed this period of change. Of course, the courts could have kept Khan away from the public for longer and there seems to have been some clear failings by the outsourced probation service. The root cause of theses issues is the Tories overseeing security in the cheap, not a long since departed Gordon Brown government.

This must be one of Johnson’s most shameful lies. Priti Patel can fcuk off too.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:19 - Dec 1 with 2191 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 23:18 - Nov 30 by vapour_trail

Not a chance.

Good luck in your line of work for the next five, it’ll be chaos.

I'd say 'wish me the same' but Boris is about to privatise me, I'll be quids in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:25 - Dec 1 with 2184 viewsfactual_blue

The 'decent person' who is a supporter or member of the modern tory party doesn't exist. The root of the problem is they still haven't got over their onanistic fantasies about th*****r.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:29 - Dec 1 with 2173 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:25 - Dec 1 by factual_blue

The 'decent person' who is a supporter or member of the modern tory party doesn't exist. The root of the problem is they still haven't got over their onanistic fantasies about th*****r.

In the words of Iain Banks, being a 'decent Tory' is like being a piece of sweetcorn in a turd. Sure, you've kept your integrity, but you're still deeply embedded in sh1t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 02:18 - Dec 1 with 2148 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve enjoyed responding to those shouting about Corbyn not being tough/brutal enough in combating terror that the person in question on Friday was tried and and allowed to roam free whilst and since the Tories have been in power.

They’ll literally say anything right now to try and scare/trick people into voting for them after 9 years of failure and the public seems happy to be pissed on whilst being told it’s raining.

The very cynical side of me wonders if the attack was politically motivated to cause such race relations tension before the election, after all many of these fanatics want to rile up both sides to help recruit and thus see more carnage regardless of who inflicts it. That goes for a radicalised religious nut with a vest or a radicalised white geezer fully aware he was sending himself to prison.

Edit: I’ve just noticed he’s even fibbed about how long ago the guy was sentenced to make out it didn’t happen whilst the Tories were in charge. Are the British public really going to swallow this and prove just how thick Johnson thinks they are when he lies?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 3:35]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 03:52 - Dec 1 with 2116 viewssyntaxerror

Sad thing is so many people will lap it up.
BBC had interviews a couple of days ago with people who were lifelong voters for a particular pary, and had recently changed their mind. The most mindblowing was a pro-brexit labour fella who changed to the tories as he thought Boris was a, and I quote: 'Man of his word'
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 06:25 - Dec 1 with 2048 viewscrunchie1978

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 02:18 - Dec 1 by monytowbray

I’ve enjoyed responding to those shouting about Corbyn not being tough/brutal enough in combating terror that the person in question on Friday was tried and and allowed to roam free whilst and since the Tories have been in power.

They’ll literally say anything right now to try and scare/trick people into voting for them after 9 years of failure and the public seems happy to be pissed on whilst being told it’s raining.

The very cynical side of me wonders if the attack was politically motivated to cause such race relations tension before the election, after all many of these fanatics want to rile up both sides to help recruit and thus see more carnage regardless of who inflicts it. That goes for a radicalised religious nut with a vest or a radicalised white geezer fully aware he was sending himself to prison.

Edit: I’ve just noticed he’s even fibbed about how long ago the guy was sentenced to make out it didn’t happen whilst the Tories were in charge. Are the British public really going to swallow this and prove just how thick Johnson thinks they are when he lies?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 3:35]

JC will be at the funeral....wreath in hand.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 06:34 - Dec 1 with 2039 viewsartsbossbeard

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 06:25 - Dec 1 by crunchie1978

I'm actually cringing for you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 08:22 - Dec 1 with 1928 viewsHerbivore

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:18 - Dec 1 by ZedRodgers

In the article Johnson attaches blame to Labour by saying the killer was “sentenced 11 years ago under laws passed in 2008 which established automatic early release”.

This is an outright lie. Usman Khan was arrested and sentenced in 7 years ago, in 2012:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50611788

He was given an indeterminate sentence due to being deemed high risk, before his sentence was updated to fixed term by the Appeals Court in 2013. Indeterminate sentences were scrapped by the Tories in 2012. There were certainly issues with indeterminate sentences - They didn’t serve the purpose they were introduced for.

I’m not necessarily criticising the decision to scrap indeterminate sentences, but there are still serious questions to ask about how the Conservative government of the time managed this period of change. Of course, the courts could have kept Khan away from the public for longer and there seems to have been some clear failings by the outsourced probation service. The root cause of theses issues is the Tories overseeing security in the cheap, not a long since departed Gordon Brown government.

This must be one of Johnson’s most shameful lies. Priti Patel can fcuk off too.

Despite much of what he is saying being demonstrably false, a newspaper is still going to circulate it. That is state propaganda, pure and simple. It's intended to deceive the people. It shouldn't be happening.

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 08:36 - Dec 1 with 1898 viewsmonytowbray

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 06:25 - Dec 1 by crunchie1978

You are showing yourself up to be part of the problem with that comment. Such fake news has already circulated.

TWTD never forgets…

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 08:39 - Dec 1 with 1888 viewsmonytowbray

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 08:22 - Dec 1 by Herbivore

Despite much of what he is saying being demonstrably false, a newspaper is still going to circulate it. That is state propaganda, pure and simple. It's intended to deceive the people. It shouldn't be happening.

It’s gross. It contains outright lies that are topical at this very moment but felt it was fine to publish it. The small fine (maybe?) and page 26 correction is worth paying for them to keep their throne.

TWTD never forgets…

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:01 - Dec 1 with 1848 viewsHerbivore

I'm starting to think that of all the awful things Johnson has done and the British press has lapped up, this is the worst. It is full of factual inaccuracies. It makes false promises. It is essentially gaslighting the public in a number of ways. It goes against the expressed wishes of the father of the named victim not to use his death as an excuse for harsher sentencing. All this less than 48 hours since the attack. It's absolutely disgusting. In normal times it should cost him the election, but we don't live in normal times.

Edit - forgot to add the implanting of the idea that it's a good thing to erode human rights.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 9:20]

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:17 - Dec 1 with 1826 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yorkshire got hammered for suggesting people would be using this terror attack for their own advantage, and would look to attack Corbyn over it. Just saying.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:19 - Dec 1 with 1812 viewsHerbivore

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:17 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

Yorkshire got hammered for suggesting people would be using this terror attack for their own advantage, and would look to attack Corbyn over it. Just saying.

That's not exactly what he was doing to be fair, there was more than a hint of implying it was a false flag. I don't think anyone doubted that politicians, particularly the Tories, would look to make political capital out of it.

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:20 - Dec 1 with 1809 viewsDubtractor

I don't think anyone hammered anyone for suggesting political capital would be made from it.

The flack was aimed at those who suggested the event may have been staged.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:21 - Dec 1 with 1801 viewsmonytowbray

We’re getting as bad as Trump in the USA now. If you move the bar low and it becomes acceptable, democracy may as well be dead.

TWTD never forgets…

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:24 - Dec 1 with 1787 viewsm14_blue

That wasn't all he was suggesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024