Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great "banter" from Ashworth 11:08 - Dec 10 with 1152 viewsStokieBlue

What a stupid thing to get caught doing - the Tories are going to have a field day with this now and try and get the horrible stuff from yesterday off the news.

It also means he won't be out in front of the press answering and posing questions on the NHS. What a fool.

"I just can’t see it happening. It wouldn’t surprise me — for sake of argument — we held Canterbury because of sort of middle-class, Guardian-reading people, but then the Tories take Bolsover off of Labour it wouldn’t surprise me. The electoral map has being going topsy-turvey because of Brexit and Corbyn."

In the recording Ashworth also suggests that Jeremy Corbyn is a serious problem for Labour, that officials in No 10 might have security concerns about him, and that Corbyn’s critics in the parliamentary Labour party made a mistake in 2016 because they launched the bid to get rid of him too soon.

He's dismissed it as "banter" so obviously it's all fine now.

SB
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 11:08]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 1131 viewsSwansea_Blue

Morons the lot of them

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 1131 viewshampstead_blue

He was joking, ,misquoted, misheard, mis, mis, mis

It was a mahooosive schoolboy error and I'm sure he's not going to get a nice brew next time he's passing JC's office.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:30 - Dec 10 with 1068 viewsBrightonBlue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:09 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

It was a mahooosive schoolboy error and I'm sure he's not going to get a nice brew next time he's passing JC's office.

John McDonnell will be double-dipping that brew.
Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:30 - Dec 10 with 1072 viewschicoazul

The manoeuvrings have begun. Won't be long before the Maximum Leader gets icepicked.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:31 - Dec 10 with 1062 viewshampstead_blue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:30 - Dec 10 by BrightonBlue

John McDonnell will be double-dipping that brew.

wiping his bell end around the edge........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 988 viewslowhouseblue

should have waited until friday.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Great on 13:05 - Dec 10 with 892 viewsStokieBlue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:55 - Dec 10 by lowhouseblue

should have waited until friday.

He's changed his story now:

He was ringing me. I was talking to him. He was saying his sources at CCHQ say Labour’s doing well. I’m doing the old, what Alex Ferguson would do, football manager kind of thing, trying to psych him out, saying ‘No, you’re going to win, don’t worry about it,’ because I know he’s an activist in Canterbury, I’m trying to make him complacent.

Obviously I look a plonker now. I was a smart alec - too clever by half.

You’re going to say, ‘Well, you said this about Jeremy, you said that about the Labour party.’ Well, I’m deliberately throwing the Tory attack lines back at him to say this is what we’re getting.

I think someone needs to take the shovel away from him for the rest of the day.

SB

Great on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 873 viewslowhouseblue

Great on 13:05 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

He was ringing me. I was talking to him. He was saying his sources at CCHQ say Labour’s doing well. I’m doing the old, what Alex Ferguson would do, football manager kind of thing, trying to psych him out, saying ‘No, you’re going to win, don’t worry about it,’ because I know he’s an activist in Canterbury, I’m trying to make him complacent.

You’re going to say, ‘Well, you said this about Jeremy, you said that about the Labour party.’ Well, I’m deliberately throwing the Tory attack lines back at him to say this is what we’re getting.

SB

i think when the cornynistas are looking for people to blame on friday morning ashworth should probably disconnect from social media.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Great on 13:10 - Dec 10 with 870 viewshampstead_blue

SB

Maybe he will be a late addition to the TWTD room at the re-education camp.
All welcome.

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 13:28 - Dec 10 with 825 viewsNo9

Just the sort of thing us apprentice boys used to do in the 50's
It stopped working when the foreman found out
Great "banter" from Ashworth on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 789 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it would be difficult to argue that without Corbyn and his cronies and with a mildly competent leader in place Labour could have absolutely blitzed this election.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Great on 14:21 - Dec 10 with 749 viewsSwansea_Blue

SB

Tories have a meltdown for 24 hours leading into the last few days.

Labour’s response? ...... ‘Hold my beer!’.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:23 - Dec 10 with 670 viewsbrazil1982

He looks like a young John Parrot
Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:34 - Dec 10 with 650 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pretty despicable thing to record a friend without permission.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:35 - Dec 10 with 648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 11:09 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

I think we can safely say that regardless of the result in Thursday, Ashworth won’t be the Health Secretary.

Iron Lion Zion

Great on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 619 viewsGaryCooper

Great on 13:09 - Dec 10 by lowhouseblue

i think when the cornynistas are looking for people to blame on friday morning ashworth should probably disconnect from social media.

Why is he Jewish?
Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 618 viewsIpswichKnight

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:35 - Dec 10 by GlasgowBlue

I think we can safely say that regardless of the result in Thursday, Ashworth won’t be the Health Secretary.

He will become deputy commissar for the salt mines!
Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:56 - Dec 10 with 611 viewshampstead_blue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:35 - Dec 10 by GlasgowBlue

He can drive Prince Andrew down that Paris tunnel ......

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:57 - Dec 10 with 607 viewsHerbivore

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:34 - Dec 10 by GlasgowBlue

Pretty despicable thing to record a friend without permission.

Yeah, much as the comments are idiotic he thought he was speaking to a friend. I think this was recorded a while ago now and has clearly been leaked to distract from the Tories' disastrous news day yesterday. Pretty much sums up our politics at the minute on all fronts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great on 17:15 - Dec 10 with 572 viewsStokieBlue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:57 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Yeah, much as the comments are idiotic he thought he was speaking to a friend. I think this was recorded a while ago now and has clearly been leaked to distract from the Tories' disastrous news day yesterday. Pretty much sums up our politics at the minute on all fronts.

It was recorded last week:

On the tape, which seems to have been recorded early last week, just before President Trump’s visit to the UK, Ashworth can be heard repeatedly saying he does not expect Labour to win the election.

Agree it's awful that a conversation given in confidence has been released. Can't see to see if they are "friends" or "acquaintances" (it seems to vary) but either way nothing good could have come from saying things like that. It's just giving the Tories a big open goal to shoot into.

SB

Great on 17:25 - Dec 10 with 552 viewsHerbivore

Great on 17:15 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

It was recorded last week:

On the tape, which seems to have been recorded early last week, just before President Trump’s visit to the UK, Ashworth can be heard repeatedly saying he does not expect Labour to win the election.

Agree it's awful that a conversation given in confidence has been released. Can't see to see if they are "friends" or "acquaintances" (it seems to vary) but either way nothing good could have come from saying things like that. It's just giving the Tories a big open goal to shoot into.

SB

I don't disagree regarding the stupidity of his comments. It's still scummy though and seems to have been been kept in the bank to release when needed most.

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 17:47 - Dec 10 with 518 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 16:57 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

This has been a horrible election. I’ll be glad when it’s over.

I can’t vote Tory. I won’t vote Labour. I was going to vote Lib Dem as the more acceptable of the major parties but Swinson has been utterly appalling. I think I may not bother to vote for the first time in my life.

Iron Lion Zion

Great on 17:47 - Dec 10 with 516 viewshampstead_blue

Great on 17:25 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

I don't disagree regarding the stupidity of his comments. It's still scummy though and seems to have been been kept in the bank to release when needed most.

You have to say that the MP is a total plank.

Is it below the belt to do that? Probably, but if you'd have one of JC's/BJ's aides spilling the beans on something really serious would we feel the same toward the person who recorded it?

I'd say not.

Can't quite believe the Labour party trying to pass it off as banter. Even JC is calling it banter!
Does he drink his own Kool Aid?

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 472 viewsHerbivore

Great "banter" from Ashworth on 17:47 - Dec 10 by GlasgowBlue

This has been a horrible election. I’ll be glad when it’s over.

I can’t vote Tory. I won’t vote Labour. I was going to vote Lib Dem as the more acceptable of the major parties but Swinson has been utterly appalling. I think I may not bother to vote for the first time in my life.

I totally respect that view. I'm voting Labour despite Corbyn because I think a lot of their policies are what the country needs, but everyone is a shambles basically.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024