Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a huge fall from grace 10:42 - Dec 11 with 844 viewsStokieBlue

I listened to some of the testimonies on the news last night and it was absolutely horrible stuff.

Now Aung San Suu Kyi has defended the regime in the International Court of Justice:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/11/aung-san-suu-kyi-tells-icj-myanmar

Appalling, she should be ashamed and stripped of her Nobel Peace prize.

"Addressing a bench of 17 judges from around the world, the 74-year-old leader dismissed reports of state violence against Rohingya Muslims and blamed the conflict on an uprising by separatist insurgents."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What a huge fall from grace on 10:47 - Dec 11 with 803 viewsEdwardStone

From hero to Zero

An incredible fall from grace

And so disappointing that the black heart of pure evil exists within a Buddhist nation. I somehow hoped that they might be so much better than this

The misplaced power of projection, eh?
What a huge fall from grace on 10:52 - Dec 11 with 790 viewsSteve_M

It is truly staggering. Although it also reflects the fact that the army remains still in charge.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What a huge fall from grace on 10:56 - Dec 11 with 772 viewschicoazul

It was 1998 I think when I went back to a girl's dorm room at Essex Uni. She had a poster of Aung on her wall, I tried explaining the situation in Bhurma was very complex and maybe she the girl ought to look into her Aung a bit more, she argued with me and told me to leave so I did. Who's laughing now, eh?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What a huge fall from grace on 11:03 - Dec 11 with 733 viewsGuthrum

What a huge fall from grace on 10:52 - Dec 11 by Steve_M

It is truly staggering. Although it also reflects the fact that the army remains still in charge.

And she is the daughter of a leading nationalist general.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a huge fall from grace on 11:05 - Dec 11 with 726 viewshampstead_blue

She has a brass neck trying to defend the Army.

The minute she sits down from giving evidence she should have the Nobel prize deleted.

Beyond words.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What a huge fall from grace on 17:16 - Dec 11 with 606 viewsRyorry

What a huge fall from grace on 10:47 - Dec 11 by EdwardStone

From hero to Zero

An incredible fall from grace

And so disappointing that the black heart of pure evil exists within a Buddhist nation. I somehow hoped that they might be so much better than this

The misplaced power of projection, eh?

Back in the '80s/90s when she was under house-arrest, I campaigned for her as a member of an Amnesty International group.

What she's turned into now is beyond shocking, I just can't get my head round it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What a huge fall from grace on 18:19 - Dec 11 with 551 viewsEdwardStone

What a huge fall from grace on 17:16 - Dec 11 by Ryorry

Back in the '80s/90s when she was under house-arrest, I campaigned for her as a member of an Amnesty International group.

What she's turned into now is beyond shocking, I just can't get my head round it.

Nobody should ever condemn you for believing the best in people.....especially when they seem like a genuine good 'un

I also used to have huge respect for Aung San......now, just like you, that trust has been totally and utterly betrayed

I really wanted her to be a great deal better than this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024