Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve 02:26 - Dec 13 with 982 viewsN2_Blue

I've voted left of centre all my life, I voted Labour this election, not for Corbyn but for a party that would generally be better for the average person

I grew up working class in a single parent family, received an assisted place for my education and and my families principles were always to look out for others.

Very fortunately I now feel quite preivelged earning a decent wage, my wife earns a fantastic wage and we own our own house in London. Tory governments would generally see us better off, but I've always remembered my roots and will always want to see the best for everyone.

I now give up, if the electorate wants a hard right government they can have it, theyve got it. I don't care anymore. I've tried to do my bit by voting with my heart and on the back of a good education rather than for myself but when you see these tradional working class areas vote for this government, good luck to them, they're going to need it. They'll get their Brexit but they've t their eyes to everything else and its going to hurt a lot of people, well sorry be careful what you wish for (heard that somewhere before)!

I await retirement, a decent pension and I'll probably emmigrate somewhere warm and watch from far afield because this country is going to be messy for a long time.

I actually struggle with my commute in London everyday as I walk past 10s of homeless people on the street every day. It's sickening but seemingly no one cares anymore. I don't want to see it anymore but seemingly this country doesn;t care.
Crime is through the roof, my ward has 3 police officers for over 10,000 people. I know victims of crime who don't even get a visit from a police offider, a crime number for insureance and then immediately shut. Its shockiing

I don't think i like most humans anymore, and actually I'm comfortable with that now.

Over and out

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:33 - Dec 13 with 951 viewsrapier

Blame blame blame
I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:39 - Dec 13 with 941 viewsNewcyBlue

“Over” means “I want a reply”
“Out” means “I do not want a reply”

Don’t give up on the people that need your help.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:40 - Dec 13 with 939 viewsjeera

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:33 - Dec 13 by rapier

Blame blame blame

Don't be a dick mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:49 - Dec 13 with 920 viewsN2_Blue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:39 - Dec 13 by NewcyBlue

“Over” means “I want a reply”
“Out” means “I do not want a reply”

Don’t give up on the people that need your help.

I really don't want to but I feel helpless to anymore... seats are being won by the toies that have never ever been anything but Labour....something has changed that will not change back in my lifetime

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:52 - Dec 13 with 912 viewsNewcyBlue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:49 - Dec 13 by N2_Blue

I really don't want to but I feel helpless to anymore... seats are being won by the toies that have never ever been anything but Labour....something has changed that will not change back in my lifetime

Wor lass and I volunteer at a local food bank.

I do other stuff around our street and help the neighbours out with things.

I look at it as a community issue. I do what I can where I can, influence the best possible outcome I can.

My lack of influence over a wider area is frustrating, but it’s not worth worrying about. If I can make a positive influence on other people’s lives, then realistically I have done well.

Keep fighting the good fight.

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:56 - Dec 13 with 884 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:33 - Dec 13 by rapier

Blame blame blame

Whilst this is a bit of a silly comment to make from you there, it’s good to see you back on here posting Rapier. Hope all is well bud.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 03:07 - Dec 13 with 853 viewsN2_Blue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 02:52 - Dec 13 by NewcyBlue

Wor lass and I volunteer at a local food bank.

I do other stuff around our street and help the neighbours out with things.

I look at it as a community issue. I do what I can where I can, influence the best possible outcome I can.

My lack of influence over a wider area is frustrating, but it’s not worth worrying about. If I can make a positive influence on other people’s lives, then realistically I have done well.

Keep fighting the good fight.

You are a good man Newcy. I wish there were more of your type in the world.

Take care of yourself and loved ones

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 03:13 - Dec 13 with 846 viewsNewcyBlue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 03:07 - Dec 13 by N2_Blue

You are a good man Newcy. I wish there were more of your type in the world.

Take care of yourself and loved ones

Nah I just take some social responsibility.

To be fair MrsN makes me want to be a better man all the time.

Disappointing result tonight, but this is the beginning of the end for the lurch to the right.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 06:24 - Dec 13 with 707 viewspeterleeblue

Post of the Year. Well done.
My position is very similar. Agree with all apart from I wont be emigrating.
I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 06:28 - Dec 13 with 694 viewspeterleeblue

I'm done with the UK electorate, they'll get what they deserve on 03:13 - Dec 13 by NewcyBlue

Nah I just take some social responsibility.

To be fair MrsN makes me want to be a better man all the time.

Disappointing result tonight, but this is the beginning of the end for the lurch to the right.

Newcy, I was actually talking to a pub landlord in Blyth Yesterday and his pro Tory stance was fightening. He claimed everyone he knew was voting Tory. As an individual he was so far removed from anything you would normally associate with Conservative. I sincerely hope the Conservatives dont let them down!
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 6:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024