Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit 22:30 - Dec 12 with 5323 viewsLord_Lucan

then you would have to concede that any 2nd referendum right now would result in a bigger leave vote - and I don't think it would

The problem is Corbyn and his buddies.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:32 - Dec 12 with 1970 viewssparks

Quite right. A decent labour candidate would have walked this.

But the hard left have potentially wrecked this country with their ideological dogmatism.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 1955 viewsBlueAsTory

Yes Lord, on the main it was down to sensible people not wanting Corbyn and his cronies in but they still let the people down badly, calling them thick for voting Brexit, just like several on here.
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:34 - Dec 12 with 1937 viewsvapour_trail

On remain vs leave.

What’s the vote share?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:35 - Dec 12 with 1908 viewsitfcjoe

They had to try and fight a Brexit election without being able to be clear on Brexit.

Was always going to be difficult, but I'm amazed it has gone so badly - I thought they'd lost, but with a 15-20 majority, not this sh*t show

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 1878 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:34 - Dec 12 by vapour_trail

On remain vs leave.

What’s the vote share?

Vapes, you are one of the more sensible posters on here but it's clear IMHO

Corbyn is a tainted man with tainted ideas.

It really would have been hard to have done (what looks) to be so poorly.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:38 - Dec 12 with 1864 viewssparks

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:37 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Hes a man with a right hand buddy who waves Maos red book in parliament.

Someone moderate and centrist would have walked this.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:38 - Dec 12 with 1872 viewsTrequartista

But Corbyn polled 40% last time, his alleged dodgy past hasn't just materialised in the last two years. The difference is the Brexit position.

Wait until you see which seats go Blue in England. There will be some in Leave areas in the North and Midlands where the Conservatives have never won.

And note the SNP have 55 seats in this projection, that would be a bad result in Scotland for the Conservatives, so they must have predicted even more in England than at first glance (or the SNP vote is over-estimated and the Con majority is even bigger)

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:39 - Dec 12 with 1846 viewsflimflam

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:35 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

They had to try and fight a Brexit election without being able to be clear on Brexit.

Was always going to be difficult, but I'm amazed it has gone so badly - I thought they'd lost, but with a 15-20 majority, not this sh*t show

A big majority was always on the cards.

Not sure why anyone thought any different.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:39 - Dec 12 with 1847 viewsLester_Freamon

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:33 - Dec 12 by BlueAsTory

Yes Lord, on the main it was down to sensible people not wanting Corbyn and his cronies in but they still let the people down badly, calling them thick for voting Brexit, just like several on here.

"....calling them thick for voting Brexit"

You're right, most Brexiteers aren't just thick. They're racist too.
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 1823 viewsitfcjoe

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:38 - Dec 12 by Trequartista

But Corbyn polled 40% last time, his alleged dodgy past hasn't just materialised in the last two years. The difference is the Brexit position.

Wait until you see which seats go Blue in England. There will be some in Leave areas in the North and Midlands where the Conservatives have never won.

And note the SNP have 55 seats in this projection, that would be a bad result in Scotland for the Conservatives, so they must have predicted even more in England than at first glance (or the SNP vote is over-estimated and the Con majority is even bigger)

It's going to be across all Leave seats, am not sure how Labour could have gone after them properly

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 1819 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What on a 41% vote share or so?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:42 - Dec 12 with 1802 viewsBasuco

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:32 - Dec 12 by sparks

But the hard left have potentially wrecked this country with their ideological dogmatism.

They also haven't learnt from history when Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock allowed the same easy ride for Thatcher. History looks like it is going to repeat itself.
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:42 - Dec 12 with 1791 viewswitchdoctor

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:39 - Dec 12 by Lester_Freamon

blub..😂😂😂
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:42 - Dec 12 with 1799 viewsbluefunk

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:37 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Nailed it Lucan, the country has rejected that kind of radical manifesto before and this time it prevented anyone looking for an alternative to the Tories from voting for Labour. This country isn’t ready for a Marxist gibpvernment
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:42 - Dec 12 with 1793 viewsvapour_trail

I’m not disagreeing on corbyn, I’ve never argued for the bloke.

But, what’s the split on the vote tonight on brexit parties vs remainish parties ? Is it more than 50% to Johnson and Farage?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:44 - Dec 12 with 1764 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:32 - Dec 12 by sparks

Not the far right then? It’s the far left to blame because they’re fed up of 40 years of the same rubbish.

Are the far left to blame for Trump and Brexit too?

You’ve simplified this in a way you’d rip into any other poster for.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 22:45]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:44 - Dec 12 with 1761 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:39 - Dec 12 by Lester_Freamon

And that my friend unfortunately sums up why Labour plummeted.

You are part of the problem.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:45 - Dec 12 with 1711 viewsTrequartista

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:41 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

It's going to be across all Leave seats, am not sure how Labour could have gone after them properly

Yes agreed, but the ones in the North and Midlands are in Labour strongholds which would never go blue in a non-Brexit world.

Corbyn will get all the blame for this, and presumably will resign, but he was snookered basically. I don't see a successful Brexit position he could take.

And if/when he does go it will be civil war in the Labour party.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:46 - Dec 12 with 1704 viewsKievthegreat

The problem is Corbyn.

Remain IS still ahead in the polls.

Conservatives+Brexit party will most likely receive a minority of votes.
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:46 - Dec 12 with 1696 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:44 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Let’s be honest though, with all the evidence and discoveries in the last 3 years you would have to be thick to still want Brexit to the point of trusting Johnson.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:48 - Dec 12 with 1670 viewsTrequartista

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:46 - Dec 12 by Kievthegreat

The problem is Corbyn.

Remain IS still ahead in the polls.

Conservatives+Brexit party will most likely receive a minority of votes.

I would think there are a significant amount of people who voted remain but democratically want to see the result implemented, notwithstanding the fact they would then vote remain again in a second referendum.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 22:48]

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:51 - Dec 12 with 1640 viewsitfcjoe

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:45 - Dec 12 by Trequartista

Yes agreed, but the ones in the North and Midlands are in Labour strongholds which would never go blue in a non-Brexit world.

Corbyn will get all the blame for this, and presumably will resign, but he was snookered basically. I don't see a successful Brexit position he could take.

And if/when he does go it will be civil war in the Labour party.

Yep I agree - they can't fight the same elctions across London/South East and Midlands/North.

Their position is probably the right one but they couldn't get it to stick, they couldn't get past the Brexit fanatics who have been sold what is most likely a dud, by a Govt who have cut their communities off and blamed the EU for it.

Labour in total turmoil now and will be for the forseeable

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:51 - Dec 12 with 1634 viewsLester_Freamon

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:44 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

I'm no fan of Corbyn, but the thought of a tory majority with BoJo as PM, post-Brexit should be a terrifying prospect for everyone who isnt already incredibly wealthy.

It's not my fault a huge number of the electorate chose to ignore the state of the country and all the obvious warning signs in order to "Get Brexit Done".
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:52 - Dec 12 with 1626 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:46 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

Let’s be honest though, with all the evidence and discoveries in the last 3 years you would have to be thick to still want Brexit to the point of trusting Johnson.

See - you're doing it as well. There are nowt so blind that cannot see.

I am a remainer and I couldn't vote for the Tories today despite the fact that I have man love for Boris.

But even as a remainer I can appreciate that there are some benefits of leaving The EU and I think it is quite right that people can exercise their right to say that they support Brexit without being called a racist.

You are a very immature man.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 22:53 - Dec 12 with 1595 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jon Ashworth said it when he didn't realise he was being recorded. If he and other moderates had bigger balls and had said it a year ago then we would be talking about a different result tonight.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 22:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024