Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) 10:06 - Dec 18 with 2206 viewsdavblue

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:10 - Dec 18 with 2198 viewsbrazil1982

I am not very excited about this release and not expecting much - but obviously I will go to watch it. Got to, haven't we?
Be interesting to see what role the Emperor has in this.
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:54 - Dec 18 with 2148 viewsdavblue

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:10 - Dec 18 by brazil1982

I am not very excited about this release and not expecting much - but obviously I will go to watch it. Got to, haven't we?
Be interesting to see what role the Emperor has in this.

i thought the trailers were good tbh.

Im going tomorrow at 11:40am while my boy is in nursery, but yeah got to.
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 2146 viewschicoazul

Have heard it is *very* 50/50 and is basically a sequel to TFA, ignoring most of TLJ which as we all know is the 2nd best Star Wars film.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 12:12 - Dec 18 with 2061 viewsdavblue

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:55 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Have heard it is *very* 50/50 and is basically a sequel to TFA, ignoring most of TLJ which as we all know is the 2nd best Star Wars film.

TLJ I didn’t hate it and it made some brave decisions but it didn’t hit home for me.

Heard the latest is a safe film, like a computer game.
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 12:19 - Dec 18 with 2047 viewsBLUEBEAT

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 10:55 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Caravan Of Courage being the best, obviously.

Poll: W or W

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:04 - Dec 18 with 1994 viewschicoazul

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 12:19 - Dec 18 by BLUEBEAT

No, this one;

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:21 - Dec 18 with 1981 viewsIpswichKnight

WRONG 3rd best behind Empire strikes back and Rogue One.

If the ending is what I heard im not going to be too impressed.
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 18 with 1972 viewsbluebud

They can knock out any old rubbish and I'll still be very happy.

I really want Cats to be panned :-)
Login to get fewer ads

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 18 with 1968 viewsDanTheMan

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:21 - Dec 18 by IpswichKnight

I have heard rumours it rivals Game of Thrones in the bizarre endings race.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 18 with 1965 viewsIpswichKnight

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:04 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

No, this one;

Excellent you found the Star Wars family christmas, hasn't George Lucas brought every remaining copy and burned them so that it can never see the light of day again!
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 18 with 1961 viewsDanTheMan

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 18 by bluebud

I think everybody does. Worst Uncanny Valley feeling watching the trailer.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 18 with 1925 viewsbluebud

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 18 by DanTheMan

I think everybody does. Worst Uncanny Valley feeling watching the trailer.

These are the descriptions I've been looking for.

Never heard the term before, thanks.
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 18 with 1922 viewsDubtractor

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 12:19 - Dec 18 by BLUEBEAT

Holiday special surely?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 1914 viewschicoazul

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 18 by bluebud

Seeing Taylor Swift in that cat suit is making me re-evaluate a few things though.

HHNNNNGGGG
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 13:45]

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 1904 viewsfooters

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Seeing Taylor Swift in that cat suit is making me re-evaluate a few things though.

HHNNNNGGGG

https://www.rspca.org.uk/

Plenty to practise on.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:47 - Dec 18 with 1904 viewschicoazul

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:21 - Dec 18 by IpswichKnight

TOP 6 CORRECT ORDER

A New Hope
TLJ
ESB
R1
ROTS
ROTJ

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 1892 viewsdickie

I haven't watched any of the Disney ones since Force Awakens. Was entertaining due to the nostalgia factor but just didn't do it for me - the good thing about the original 6 films was the story (even on the prequels). There was direction, character development etc. I watched the first one and thought it was devoid of ideas. Also, I have to admit I liked the sound of Lucas' original planned sequel trilogy based on the origin/physics of the force. Sounded a bit like "Dust" in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:54 - Dec 18 with 1884 viewsbluebud

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

HHNNNNGGGG

HHEEEAAAAVE

..can't be dealing with it.

Imagine being at the premiere or a late night opener
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 17:01 - Dec 18 with 1796 viewsSikamikanico

TFA was awful and I am not looking forward to JJ Abrams latest effort.

TLJ was a vast improvement and I was hoping the new film would continue in that vein but once JJ returned I lost interest.

Will still watch it though
It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 17:09 - Dec 18 with 1795 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 17:01 - Dec 18 by Sikamikanico

TFA was awful and I am not looking forward to JJ Abrams latest effort.

TLJ was a vast improvement and I was hoping the new film would continue in that vein but once JJ returned I lost interest.

Will still watch it though

Apparently when George Lucas sold the rights to SW to Disney he submitted scripts for a final trilogy, which Disney politely turned down.

I wouldn't be surprised that in a couple of decades time that trilogy will be made and the last trilogy will be considered as non cannon.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 17:11 - Dec 18 with 1793 viewsRadlett_blue

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 13:50 - Dec 18 by dickie

I haven't watched any of the Disney ones since Force Awakens. Was entertaining due to the nostalgia factor but just didn't do it for me - the good thing about the original 6 films was the story (even on the prequels). There was direction, character development etc. I watched the first one and thought it was devoid of ideas. Also, I have to admit I liked the sound of Lucas' original planned sequel trilogy based on the origin/physics of the force. Sounded a bit like "Dust" in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials

Agreed. I enjoyed the first prequels but most of the new ones have largely been retreads of other stories as Disney tries to squeeze the last $ out of an exhausted franchise.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 18 with 1712 viewsstonojnr

It's not looking good for The Rise of Skywalker 57% on Rotten Tomatoes (n/t) on 17:09 - Dec 18 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently when George Lucas sold the rights to SW to Disney he submitted scripts for a final trilogy, which Disney politely turned down.

I wouldn't be surprised that in a couple of decades time that trilogy will be made and the last trilogy will be considered as non cannon.

I doubt it part of the deal of Lucas being paid for the scripts is that Disney have first dibs on them, but didnt promise to do anything with them, though they might have influenced character development or worlds.

thats the reason why Trevorrow still gets a writers credit on the TROS, but had actually very little to do with the film once he'd quit

and it becomes a horribly complicated corporate legal web of copyright ownership and rights, as you may have noticed the Disney sequels, dont reuse alot of prequel/original trilogy stuff, thats because Lucas gets paid for creating them and Disney reusing them, so Disney go Disneys way and create new stuff that mimics the old stuff but they collect all the $$$s from them.

but there you go Im still amazed anyone enjoyed watching TLJ, but at the Hollywood premiere of the final installment of the film series he created, Disney either didnt invite George Lucas, or invited him and he refused to turn up, that tells you all you need to know about the Rise of Skywalker
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024