Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers 19:30 - Dec 20 with 929 viewsGeoffSentence

in the UK?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 19:44 - Dec 20 with 907 viewsClapham_Junction

For the Premier League, I suspect probably very little. Wealthy people always find it easy to move around as immigration systems are generally favourable towards them unless they are from a country with a dubious government.

For people with not so high earnings, it depends on what rules we end up with.
What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 19:58 - Dec 20 with 904 viewsOldsmoker

The Tories have thrown around a lot of threats. One of them was that workers need to be earning £30,000 plus to be able to work here. They haven't actually put anything in law yet.
If a footballer is earning £1000 per week then they're probably OK.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 21:13 - Dec 20 with 858 viewsBloomBlue

Hopefully it will stop some of the cheap cr&p European players which keep coming into this Country and be replaced with UK youngsters. For too long clubs have bought cheap players from Europe instead of investing in young home grown players.
What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 22:47 - Dec 20 with 809 viewsbournemouthblue

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 21:13 - Dec 20 by BloomBlue

Hopefully it will stop some of the cheap cr&p European players which keep coming into this Country and be replaced with UK youngsters. For too long clubs have bought cheap players from Europe instead of investing in young home grown players.

We'll surely just import more cr@p players from outside the EU to compensate?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 03:03 - Dec 21 with 757 viewsBlueBadger

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 21:13 - Dec 20 by BloomBlue

This will definitely be good news to 34 year old, decidedly non-crap, non-EU, non-cheap Toto Nsiala...
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 3:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 11:25 - Dec 21 with 604 viewsbraveblue

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 19:58 - Dec 20 by Oldsmoker

The Tories have thrown around a lot of threats. One of them was that workers need to be earning £30,000 plus to be able to work here. They haven't actually put anything in law yet.
If a footballer is earning £1000 per week then they're probably OK.

Nonsense. All easily explained. Work permits granted for fixed periods for those not wanting to settle here. Much as every country in the world. Shock, horror.
What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 12:02 - Dec 21 with 584 viewsGeoffSentence

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 19:44 - Dec 20 by Clapham_Junction

For the Premier League, I suspect probably very little. Wealthy people always find it easy to move around as immigration systems are generally favourable towards them unless they are from a country with a dubious government.

For people with not so high earnings, it depends on what rules we end up with.

I suppose applying for settled status won't be too big a deal for Morinho et al.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What will be the impact of brexit on all the european footballers and managers on 13:41 - Dec 21 with 550 viewsElephantintheRoom

The changes could be anything in a range from quite profound to absolutley nothing. Two obvious possibilities are that IF there is a hard Brexit sterling will crash and johnny foreigner will take a wage hit. Sterling has devalues by about 15% since the referendum and the only real effect has been higher wages and fees. IF there is a hard Brexit expect a drop to parity with the Euro. The other possibility, perhaps the only Brexit bonus is that clubs and leagues can limit the number of EU or foreign players, currently against EU law - doubt they will though. Other than that Brexit will mean Britain is in an economic trough and not as attractive to incomers... and conversely, the lower value of the £ might see more players going abroad.

It gets a bit more interesting IF you consider the likely break up of the UK with Scotland and NI going independent in the next five years.... with maybe the scottish league becoming more celtic or nordic.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024