Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Listening not watching 16:48 - Feb 8 with 1033 viewsDubtractor

But this second half has sounded absolutely dreadful from us, as though we haven't even come close to threatening their goal.

Table looks pretty ugly right now, with all teams around us with a game or 2 in hand to compound it.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 16:51]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Listening not watching on 16:51 - Feb 8 with 984 viewssparks

A good team have got on top at home- its not surprising, and we havent played badly. Scoreline is harsh- but we lack creativity and didnt take chances.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Listening not watching on 16:53 - Feb 8 with 966 viewsJDB23

Listening not watching on 16:51 - Feb 8 by sparks

A good team have got on top at home- its not surprising, and we havent played badly. Scoreline is harsh- but we lack creativity and didnt take chances.

How is the score line harsh? Sounds like we got battered the second half.
Listening not watching on 16:54 - Feb 8 with 939 viewsLankHenners

And sounded pretty good in the first. Didn't make the most of being on top then have no response when the opposition come back strong.

0 points from Rotherham, Peterborough, Sunderland. Playoffs a write-off if they weren't already. All hopes on keeping somewhere close then smashing the run-in against the toss teams but that's looking like a long shot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Listening not watching on 16:54 - Feb 8 with 932 viewsBluefish

How many times this season have teams gone in for HT and changed the game? We have no direction or belief

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Listening not watching on 16:54 - Feb 8 with 930 viewssparks

Listening not watching on 16:53 - Feb 8 by JDB23

How is the score line harsh? Sounds like we got battered the second half.

It was pretty even overall.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Listening not watching on 16:56 - Feb 8 with 895 viewsDanTheMan

Listening not watching on 16:54 - Feb 8 by sparks

It was pretty even overall.

This would be OK had we have not done the exact same thing so many times this season. We play well for periods and just not score.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Listening not watching on 16:56 - Feb 8 with 877 viewsSomethingBlue

Still think we will make the top six but it has to turn around pretty much straightaway - with wins from the next two basically. We are in big trouble.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 16:57]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Listening not watching on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 871 viewsurbanblue

Listening not watching on 16:51 - Feb 8 by sparks

I don't think Sunderland are particularly a good team though. We dropped off so much in the second half. We just don't seem to have any belief!
Login to get fewer ads

Listening not watching on 16:59 - Feb 8 with 800 viewsLankHenners

Listening not watching on 16:56 - Feb 8 by SomethingBlue

Still think we will make the top six but it has to turn around pretty much straightaway - with wins from the next two basically. We are in big trouble.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 16:57]

And even then does anyone genuinely think we can make it through the playoffs? I know 'anything can happen' but realistically we're going to struggle against any team that finishes in there with us.

Listening not watching on 17:01 - Feb 8 with 722 viewsSomethingBlue

Listening not watching on 16:59 - Feb 8 by LankHenners

And even then does anyone genuinely think we can make it through the playoffs? I know 'anything can happen' but realistically we're going to struggle against any team that finishes in there with us.

I don't think any of the teams around us are, taken individually, that much cop so this is still salvageable but you are right - we are so, so frail that it is incredibly hard to see us getting the three results that would take us up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Listening not watching on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 647 viewsLankHenners

Listening not watching on 17:01 - Feb 8 by SomethingBlue

I don't think any of the teams around us are, taken individually, that much cop so this is still salvageable but you are right - we are so, so frail that it is incredibly hard to see us getting the three results that would take us up.

No, the frustrating thing about that and this whole season is that a lot of teams aren't up to much, especially compared to the players we have. There's a chance that when that extra pressure is put on the other teams start to crumble but we look utterly shot to bits.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024