Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare 00:56 - Dec 22 with 1811 viewsMelford

Regular drunken annoyances take it to another level plus you've got the once a year crowd out now as well. We'd found empty wraps of coke in the cubicle and someone had to go clear up a flooded gents because someone had thrown up in the sink with the taps running. This was before 8 p.m., not even late. There was a fight last night , big old punch-up apparently.

Being a paramedic, copper, bouncer would be a lot worse though. This weekend before is always the worst for trouble.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 01:07 - Dec 22 with 1777 viewsBiGDonnie

Not that I work in the industry, but I find pubs a lot better his time of year with most people feeling the Christmas spirit.

Who wants to fight at Christmas?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:02 - Dec 22 with 1576 viewsallezlesbleus

I think it's always been like that though. I've been drinking in Ipswich regularly, since around '84/'85 and the last weekend before Xmas, Xmas eve and New Year's Eve were always full of tw*ts causing shoite.
Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:08 - Dec 22 with 1551 viewsWD19

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:02 - Dec 22 by allezlesbleus

I think it's always been like that though. I've been drinking in Ipswich regularly, since around '84/'85 and the last weekend before Xmas, Xmas eve and New Year's Eve were always full of tw*ts causing shoite.

Overly merry folk spending large amounts of money and not checking their change properly. Sounds like a barmaids dream.
Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:10 - Dec 22 with 1547 viewsGeoffSentence

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 01:07 - Dec 22 by BiGDonnie

Not that I work in the industry, but I find pubs a lot better his time of year with most people feeling the Christmas spirit.

Who wants to fight at Christmas?

People who cant handle their drink mostly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:11 - Dec 22 with 1542 viewsBluefish

Derby County players Christmas do?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:50 - Dec 22 with 1457 viewsBlueBadger

'Mad Friday' by BlueBadger 21 Dec 2019 2:40
A point for each one of these that you've spotted tonight on amateur's night down the pub tonight. Bonus points if you can suggest a 'last Friday before Christmas' pub cliche not already here.

1) Once a year pub-goers ordering coffees, bitter shandies and the Guinness last
2) The woman who just wants a sweet sherry and everyone to know what a TERRIBLE time she's had
3) The recently separated orange-faced harridan in her late 40s/early 50s who is on a mission to get absolutely mortal
4) The henpecked bloke who has been allowed out for a couple of hours and tries to recapture his youth by getting hammered on Strongbow and trying to finger number 3) behind some bins
5) The 17 year old lads who look about 15 hoping that they can get served without ID as it's so busy
6) The 17 year old girls who look about 29 trying to fend off 5 and 8.
7) Pat from accounts
8) A cohort of detestable 'lads' in their 20s whose sole purpose for the evening is to try and out-banter each other
9) Jim. Jim is wondering why his local juicer is over-run with c*nts and he can't get to his usual seat at the bar as it's full of coats and bags
10) Some c*nt with a Christmas tie.
11) A red-faced bloke in his late 50's/early 60's who insists on talking about Brexit to anyone who can't escape.
12) A couple who insist on letting their dogs/kids run free despite the place being rammed.
13. The man who, when ordering a round, orders it one drink at a time.
14. The man who has no idea what he wants, and interrogates the bar staff as to the flavour profile of each and every beer, before ordering a Guinness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 1120 viewsITFC_Forever

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:50 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

A point for each one of these that you've spotted tonight on amateur's night down the pub tonight. Bonus points if you can suggest a 'last Friday before Christmas' pub cliche not already here.

1) Once a year pub-goers ordering coffees, bitter shandies and the Guinness last
2) The woman who just wants a sweet sherry and everyone to know what a TERRIBLE time she's had
3) The recently separated orange-faced harridan in her late 40s/early 50s who is on a mission to get absolutely mortal
4) The henpecked bloke who has been allowed out for a couple of hours and tries to recapture his youth by getting hammered on Strongbow and trying to finger number 3) behind some bins
5) The 17 year old lads who look about 15 hoping that they can get served without ID as it's so busy
7) Pat from accounts
8) A cohort of detestable 'lads' in their 20s whose sole purpose for the evening is to try and out-banter each other
9) Jim. Jim is wondering why his local juicer is over-run with c*nts and he can't get to his usual seat at the bar as it's full of coats and bags
11) A red-faced bloke in his late 50's/early 60's who insists on talking about Brexit to anyone who can't escape.
12) A couple who insist on letting their dogs/kids run free despite the place being rammed.
14. The man who has no idea what he wants, and interrogates the bar staff as to the flavour profile of each and every beer, before ordering a Guinness.

There was plenty of detestable number 8s in London last night.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 17:32 - Dec 22 with 1111 viewsSwansea_Blue

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 10:50 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

7) Pat from accounts

I'm Jim

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 17:35 - Dec 22 with 1104 viewsonlymehere

Where’s this pub? The reason I ask is because every time I go through long melford it seems shut.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 17:44]
Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 17:36 - Dec 22 with 1097 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Working in a pub this time of year is a ***king nightmare on 17:32 - Dec 22 by Swansea_Blue

I'm Jim

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024