Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reissue Copa kits we now do. 16:31 - Dec 23 with 1129 viewsMullet

Anyone got the Radio Orwell one yet or are they not out? I seem to remember people saying the fit was weird on them. How does this new one look?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 17:29 - Dec 23 with 1048 viewsFarmerpiles

I got to wait for xmas morning before I can answer that, the Radio Orwell shirt is my favourite of all Town retro kits. I can only think its cos I enjoyed that period personally so much, Mark Brennan, Mich D'avray, Jocky Wilson & our own psycho captain Ian Atkins. Twtd! If it's anything like the Pioneer retro shirt I got I hope it's a size bigger then my usual size top! Middle ages spread etc.
The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 17:35 - Dec 23 with 1031 viewsMullet

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 17:29 - Dec 23 by Farmerpiles

I got to wait for xmas morning before I can answer that, the Radio Orwell shirt is my favourite of all Town retro kits. I can only think its cos I enjoyed that period personally so much, Mark Brennan, Mich D'avray, Jocky Wilson & our own psycho captain Ian Atkins. Twtd! If it's anything like the Pioneer retro shirt I got I hope it's a size bigger then my usual size top! Middle ages spread etc.

I was born in 85 so it's not one I remember as such, but as a kid all the photos, posters, etc I was growing up with until I started going in 90 make it a kit I love. For me it's the Fisons ones that really get me, but as all of mine are primary school aged or so I'll have to wait until my boy can wear them to see them again.

I'm wondering if I brave the shop on Boxing day or take the plunge and order a load for pick up.

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 17:50 - Dec 23 with 1010 viewsFarmerpiles

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 17:35 - Dec 23 by Mullet

I was born in 85 so it's not one I remember as such, but as a kid all the photos, posters, etc I was growing up with until I started going in 90 make it a kit I love. For me it's the Fisons ones that really get me, but as all of mine are primary school aged or so I'll have to wait until my boy can wear them to see them again.

I'm wondering if I brave the shop on Boxing day or take the plunge and order a load for pick up.

Radio Orwell was on the shirt for one season....when we got relegated! I thought it had been more then that. Think that shirt sticks with me cos although I'd been taken to PR for a few years by my old man (we lived in London then), the Red stripe Orwell shirt was my first season as a ST holder. I'd passed my driving test at 18 and bought my ST the next day. Agree the Fisons shirt , think that was John Lyall taking us up with that shirt? Anyway, enjoy your retro shirt, wear it with pride.
The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 18:12 - Dec 23 with 991 viewsstonojnr

I get the impression as the sizing goes upto 4xl now, its still a size up difference on the Copa stuff.

I keep meaning to get the Fisons one first, and though the Radio Orwell one has nostalgia value, its basically the Pioneer kit from the previous year with a different sponsor obviously :) which was itself a nice copy of the French national team kit of the era (not unsurprisingly as Adidas made both)

but I kind of always remember it as the kit that symbolised the start of the big decline, the period we lost Pioneer, Radio Orwell were a bit of joke sponsor last minute replacement frankly, we got relegated that season and the last key player of Robsons era left.

5 years after being one of the best teams in the country we'd then ended up plodding around Division 2 sponsored by a fertiliser company whose fortune was made from fossilised number 2s, so not the greatest of eras to recall even if it seems frankly marvellous compared to where we are now.
The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 18:27 - Dec 23 with 971 viewsFifeITFC

I had bought the Play Off one a while ago in a 3xl as I'm on the bigger size of things. But I could barely get it over my shoulders and felt more like an XL at best.

Really gutted about it as I love that shirt. I was in touch with a company that recreated the shirt for me. Although it wasn't a perfect end product, it wasn't too far off the Copa design with the exception of a couple of details which I could get altered if I contacted them again possibly. I wanted it for my holidays a year ago. Got the white version done too at same time.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 19:31 - Dec 26 with 663 viewsMullet

Got it today. Elbowed my up the stairs past the hordes buying lunchboxes and scarves and whatnot where the replica kit bit was all but empty.

Glad I got a large, I’m no longer my fittest and leanest but Christ, the sizing is bizarre. Looks fairly good in real life although obviously a copy without the stripes and the slightly plastic sheen to it.

Had to stop myself going for the Fisons one next to it for nostalgia and wife not stabbing me to death for spending so much on them reasons.

Compared to the old 81 copy I got a few years back these are light years ahead.

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 22:34 - Dec 26 with 561 viewsFifeITFC

The reissue Copa kits we now do. on 19:31 - Dec 26 by Mullet

Got it today. Elbowed my up the stairs past the hordes buying lunchboxes and scarves and whatnot where the replica kit bit was all but empty.

Glad I got a large, I’m no longer my fittest and leanest but Christ, the sizing is bizarre. Looks fairly good in real life although obviously a copy without the stripes and the slightly plastic sheen to it.

Had to stop myself going for the Fisons one next to it for nostalgia and wife not stabbing me to death for spending so much on them reasons.

Compared to the old 81 copy I got a few years back these are light years ahead.

Are you agreeing that the sizing is way too "snug" (to put it mildly)?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024