Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: 19:58 - Dec 29 with 1469 viewspennblue

"It doesn't matter if you are 19/20 or if you've played 100-odd games, you've got to have that desire, hunger, the eye of the tiger. I was never six foot three or built massively myself, but if you beat me you had to go some. That's what I need to install in the guys. We have to get that back"

This lack of desire was what took us down last season.

For me Chambers needs to look at standing down as Captain, as I think this is best for the club at this time.

For me, Downes should be the Captain now, as he epitomizes the desire that PL is talking about.

Dozzell needs to go on loan, and let Dobra fill his boots, as he too has that desire.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:02 - Dec 29 with 1398 viewsBackToRussia

Hmm, yes, the problem being that desire is a basic requirement of doing well. And he's been here over a year now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:08 - Dec 29 with 1290 viewsAlanG296

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:02 - Dec 29 by BackToRussia

Hmm, yes, the problem being that desire is a basic requirement of doing well. And he's been here over a year now.

Players are lacking mental strength. Most of them have never played in front of 20000 regularly at home and sold out away sections away. They can't cope with it.
Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:14 - Dec 29 with 1252 viewsTheSelkirk

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:02 - Dec 29 by BackToRussia

A manager who apparently doesn't care whether he's here or not, or sacked or not, might possibly result in a similar lack of desire amongst the players.
Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:15 - Dec 29 with 1242 viewsBackToRussia

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:14 - Dec 29 by TheSelkirk

A manager who apparently doesn't care whether he's here or not, or sacked or not, might possibly result in a similar lack of desire amongst the players.

Well, quite. Hardly leading from the front is he.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:17 - Dec 29 with 1216 viewsLeoMuff

Slightly scary but didn’t Hurst say the same, but when he tried to fundamentally change attitudes the players downed tools.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 1144 viewsEireannach_gorm

It’s not f’ing desire we need, its basic competence. Paul clearly has not grasped what the problem if he thinks more desire is going to fix it.

Chambers is an excellent captain if average player so replacing him with an excellent player is not the solution to our problem.

We need to get rid of the non performing players. The crap ones (Nsiala) and ones that are not working for us (Judge). The same team should be picked each week and a formation decided on and stuck with. If we don’t have players for the best system we just need to buy/ loan them. I’m not a football manager and this is obvious to me so it is a bit scarey that Paul seems unaware of this.

Desire my ar5e.
Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 1019 viewsN2_Blue

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:27 - Dec 29 by Eireannach_gorm

It’s not f’ing desire we need, its basic competence. Paul clearly has not grasped what the problem if he thinks more desire is going to fix it.

Chambers is an excellent captain if average player so replacing him with an excellent player is not the solution to our problem.

We need to get rid of the non performing players. The crap ones (Nsiala) and ones that are not working for us (Judge). The same team should be picked each week and a formation decided on and stuck with. If we don’t have players for the best system we just need to buy/ loan them. I’m not a football manager and this is obvious to me so it is a bit scarey that Paul seems unaware of this.

Desire my ar5e.

Completely agree. This is nothing to do with desire. This is down to the team PL puts out each week and the 11 not knowing what they are doing tactically and shape wise. We have lost more and more confidence each week with constant changes and a few results at the start of the season does not change the fragile side that we have been for almost 2 years now.

The first thing that should have been done as soon as we found some form and confidence after so long was to stick with it....but no he did everything but!!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:59 - Dec 29 with 933 viewsOxford_Blue

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:14 - Dec 29 by TheSelkirk

This is a good point. I just don’t know why Lambert made those comments. He’s risked losing a lot of the goodwill he had previously.

Either he is committed or he isn’t.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 22:16 - Dec 29 with 814 viewsEireannach_gorm

Well, at least he is aware of why our form has dropped off: on 20:50 - Dec 29 by N2_Blue

Completely agree. This is nothing to do with desire. This is down to the team PL puts out each week and the 11 not knowing what they are doing tactically and shape wise. We have lost more and more confidence each week with constant changes and a few results at the start of the season does not change the fragile side that we have been for almost 2 years now.

The first thing that should have been done as soon as we found some form and confidence after so long was to stick with it....but no he did everything but!!

Sorry N2, downvote in error ( fat fingers on an iPad ). We are clearly in agreement on this. I only wish Paul could see it too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024