Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To be fair to Lambert 17:03 - Jan 4 with 1346 viewskizaitfc

Who looked at the team today and thought it wasnt a side that should have been beating Exeter?

The problem is the players they are not good enough, ME needs to back PL and give him the chance to fix this.

At the minute Lambert is working with a team of League 1 players and ageing championship players

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

To be fair to Lambert on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 1331 viewsSwailsey

Very strange way to justify a defeat.

He picked them, set the formation, trained them, encouraged them, made substitutions.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

To be fair to Lambert on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 1326 viewsOjc

If we can’t beat league 2 reserves we haven’t much hope for the remainder of the season
To be fair to Lambert on 17:05 - Jan 4 with 1311 viewsBlueBadger

It's not so much that the players aren;t good enough, it's that the manager keeps insisting on playing them in combinations that they've never played in before and they have little to no chance of forming any kind of cohesion, understanding or unity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 1280 viewsBackToRussia

That is the problem, it's not just about plucking names out of the air, it's what you instruct them to do once they're over the white line.

Them being league 1 players should be fine us being in League 1 and all. Why would you trust Lambert to get the right players in? His signings have been patchy at best.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

To be fair to Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 1257 viewskizaitfc

To be fair to Lambert on 17:05 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

It's not so much that the players aren;t good enough, it's that the manager keeps insisting on playing them in combinations that they've never played in before and they have little to no chance of forming any kind of cohesion, understanding or unity.

The issue today was the defending not the formation

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

To be fair to Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 1251 viewshaynes_toe1

Well if Lambert cant make a team of League One and ageing championship players beat a reserve League Two side then what bloody right does he have to throw more of the clubs money away!!?

What is this excusing of Lambert all about? Has he given a few grand to a select amount of posters on here? Hes a complete waster.
To be fair to Lambert on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 1252 viewspointofblue

And they can't beat a League Two reserve team??? A bad workman blames his tools and that's what we have managing this club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 1204 viewsWacko

Total nonsense. The players are easily good enough. Come back and say this after 5 games of a settled team and the same system based on our strengths. This is the clear and obvious solution that any decent manager can see

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

To be fair to Lambert on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 1160 viewsWacko

To be fair to Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 4 by kizaitfc

The issue today was the defending not the formation

It was the millionth different formation with the millionth different lineup. It's not about one day

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 1113 viewsGeoffSentence

Your first two sentences seem to contradict themselves.

Yes, looking at the team he put out, those players should have been able to win that comfortably. That they didn't has to be down to the manager, his tactics, motivation or whatever.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

To be fair to Lambert on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 1108 viewsbraveblue

Skuse, Bishop and Dozzell in midfield. Should be miles better than League 2 reserves. But they are not. No skill or pace out wide so why play that system. Edwards and Toto again - why? Dobra does not get a kick. It is all quite ridiculous.
To be fair to Lambert on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 1101 viewsChrisd

This is the same squad of players for the whole season that many were saying are too good to be playing L1 and will storm the league? Clearly, they are showing why we are plying our trade in L1 and slowly falling down that league table too!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 1017 viewsnshearman1

To be fair to Lambert on 17:11 - Jan 4 by Wacko

It was the millionth different formation with the millionth different lineup. It's not about one day

Both these points are correct. These players are good enough but Lambert seems incapable of getting the best out of them and turning them into a proper team. The defence is woeful and I can’t understand why a former full-back can’t organise them. Nsiala is way out of his depth. Wilson our only decent CH (including Chambers). But there is plenty of quality elsewhere in the team. Bishop, Kenlock and Holy looked good today.
To be fair to Lambert on 17:31 - Jan 4 with 977 viewsHerbivore

You're utterly mad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:33 - Jan 4 with 954 viewsnshearman1

To be fair to Lambert on 17:31 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

You're utterly mad.

Oh hello grass-muncher. My mental health hasn’t been called into question before, here you again without a reasoned argument and more abuse. Bye
To be fair to Lambert on 17:38 - Jan 4 with 930 viewsArnieM

To be fair to Lambert on 17:28 - Jan 4 by nshearman1

Both these points are correct. These players are good enough but Lambert seems incapable of getting the best out of them and turning them into a proper team. The defence is woeful and I can’t understand why a former full-back can’t organise them. Nsiala is way out of his depth. Wilson our only decent CH (including Chambers). But there is plenty of quality elsewhere in the team. Bishop, Kenlock and Holy looked good today.

Spot on Nick !

I keep saying it. ....

Settled team
Stay with your best 11 players every bloody week.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

To be fair to Lambert on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 906 viewspointofblue

To be fair to Lambert on 17:33 - Jan 4 by nshearman1

Oh hello grass-muncher. My mental health hasn’t been called into question before, here you again without a reasoned argument and more abuse. Bye

I don't think Herbivore is calling you mad; thought he was referring to the original post.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

To be fair to Lambert on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 876 viewstractorboy1978

To be fair to Lambert on 17:04 - Jan 4 by Swailsey

Very strange way to justify a defeat.

He picked them, set the formation, trained them, encouraged them, made substitutions.

I'm no Lambert apologist but i do really dislike the lack of responsibility that gets placed at the players doors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024