Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert won’t turn this around 19:15 - Jan 4 with 2215 viewsottovonbismark

The rot has well and truly set in, players all over the place, rotating for,the sake of it. In truth I think lambert feels he’s a much better coach than he actually is. I simply cannot see him turning this around, through a combination of incompetence on lambert’s behalf and the players not understanding what he wants them to do (if there’s anything at all).

It didn’t turn around for Hurst and I cannot see it working for lambert either. Evans is some mug, how that guy made so much money i’ll never know.

Nothing to do now except watch this slow long decline continue on.
Lambert won’t turn this around on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 2142 viewsOxford_Blue

If you’re so sure I am assuming you’ll be placing a very large bet against the team getting promoted then?
Lambert won’t turn this around on 20:01 - Jan 4 with 2089 viewsFTP

Lambert won’t turn this around on 19:52 - Jan 4 by Oxford_Blue

If you’re so sure I am assuming you’ll be placing a very large bet against the team getting promoted then?

I would, we're on first class relegation form.
Lambert won’t turn this around on 21:07 - Jan 4 with 1948 viewsMVBlue

Well we’ve got to suck it up because Lambo got a contract while on a long winless run.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 1759 viewsFelstow1978

Lambert won’t turn this around on 21:07 - Jan 4 by MVBlue

Well we’ve got to suck it up because Lambo got a contract while on a long winless run.

If he was going to it would have happened by now. It hasn't, it won't. PR Paul's career has been in decline since the day he walked out of Carrow Road. His CV is tainted by successive failures at Villa, Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke so why Evans thought it was a good idea to recruit him in the first place, let alone reward his achievement of dragging Town down to the Third Division for the first time since 1957 with a contract extension, is simply beyond belief. Town was PR Paul's last chance saloon to redeem himself before his employment prospects irreversibly look more lifeless than the aftermath of a US drone strike. Even the managerial greats have their sell-by dates and Third Division managers are no exception.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:54 - Jan 4 with 1730 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd rather give it everything I can, personally, to get us out of this division this season. If there is an inquest to be had let's have it in May. The stakes are too high.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:58 - Jan 4 with 1699 viewsAlanG296

Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:54 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

I'd rather give it everything I can, personally, to get us out of this division this season. If there is an inquest to be had let's have it in May. The stakes are too high.

Unless you can play football better than what we have, there is nothing you can do that will make any difference. Singing your heart out for the lad's, grumbling, happy clapping, whinging, whatever, none of it makes any difference. Just some people like to think it does.
Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:59 - Jan 4 with 1689 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert won’t turn this around on 22:58 - Jan 4 by AlanG296

Unless you can play football better than what we have, there is nothing you can do that will make any difference. Singing your heart out for the lad's, grumbling, happy clapping, whinging, whatever, none of it makes any difference. Just some people like to think it does.

Let's just create a negative environment then.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 1685 viewsclive_baker

That's b0llocks, quite frankly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:02 - Jan 4 with 1674 viewsjeera

He's not a coach though is he?

Not in the sense of the word, whereas a coach will be there in training amongst the players showing them hands-on what he expects them to do.

He's a manager, "Helping them", whatever that means.

Maybe Roy Keane like, but I'm thinking maybe more Kevin Keegan, cheering them on, telling them to have heart, rather than offering a great deal of direction.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:07 - Jan 4 with 1644 viewsMrTown

I think you’re probably right. However, I see no purpose at all in stirring a negative atmosphere with 4 months to go in the season, sitting 5th in the league.

As rightly stared, an inquest can be held in May should things need to be addressed then, but Lambert won’t be leaving right now, so this I’m struggling to see who the constant critiquing by some is helping in this situation?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:10 - Jan 4 with 1630 viewsFelstow1978

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:07 - Jan 4 by MrTown

I think you’re probably right. However, I see no purpose at all in stirring a negative atmosphere with 4 months to go in the season, sitting 5th in the league.

As rightly stared, an inquest can be held in May should things need to be addressed then, but Lambert won’t be leaving right now, so this I’m struggling to see who the constant critiquing by some is helping in this situation?

The fans will stop expressing their opinions when PR Paul stops mugging them off

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:11 - Jan 4 with 1622 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I share the many concerns on Lamberts technical capability.

I actually don’t think we’re a million miles away from a result and a run!! Especially with the retuning players.

I do think the stat that League One teams are increasing their work rate against us is key. Against Accrington we need to match that and find the higher gear our players are capable of.

If we lose that one then I think the fragile confidence may flat line, and we’ll truly lose touch.

Fine margins in football.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:12 - Jan 4 with 1614 viewsAlanG296

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:00 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

That's b0llocks, quite frankly.

There's no evidence to support your view but if it makes you happy to think it makes any difference, good for you.
Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:16 - Jan 4 with 1584 viewsjeera

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:12 - Jan 4 by AlanG296

There's no evidence to support your view but if it makes you happy to think it makes any difference, good for you.

We were playing better and winning matches early season which suggests the personnel available (injuries aside) are capable.

If confidence is then a factor, it is important for fans to do their complaining on places like here but keep it positive as possible at the game.

Vibe is important, no 2 ways about it.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 23:16]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:25 - Jan 4 with 1525 viewsMrTown

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:10 - Jan 4 by Felstow1978

The fans will stop expressing their opinions when PR Paul stops mugging them off

Please expand on mugging us off?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 02:35 - Jan 5 with 1331 viewsclive_baker

Lambert won’t turn this around on 23:12 - Jan 4 by AlanG296

Evidence? You literally said ‘Singing your heart out for the lad's, grumbling, happy clapping, whinging, whatever, none of it makes any difference‘.

I look forward to the swathes of evidence you’ll have no problem in sharing to support this?

It’s clearly a difficult thing to quantity with so many variables, but yes, having played in front of both I do think a positive and buoyant home crowd can make a huge difference. There was a mildly interesting, although admittedly imperfect study conducted by the University of Naples on this subject and their findings concluded a clear correlation. Their test cases were derby matches for clubs that shared stadia, in an attempt to negate the travel impacts / unfamiliar stadium etc, yet still having large disparity in home and away support numbers.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert won’t turn this around on 07:34 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsChrisd

Completely agree. They can’t say they aren’t getting the support from the fans, they are. The coaching staff and players need to have a closer look at what they are actually providing in regards to their side of the bargain and that’s the biggest issue.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 7:56]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 07:44 - Jan 5 with 1192 viewsTractorWood

Lambert won’t turn this around on 02:35 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Evidence? You literally said ‘Singing your heart out for the lad's, grumbling, happy clapping, whinging, whatever, none of it makes any difference‘.

I look forward to the swathes of evidence you’ll have no problem in sharing to support this?

It’s clearly a difficult thing to quantity with so many variables, but yes, having played in front of both I do think a positive and buoyant home crowd can make a huge difference. There was a mildly interesting, although admittedly imperfect study conducted by the University of Naples on this subject and their findings concluded a clear correlation. Their test cases were derby matches for clubs that shared stadia, in an attempt to negate the travel impacts / unfamiliar stadium etc, yet still having large disparity in home and away support numbers.

Unless it's out and out toxic or like a home derby etc, I don't think it makes a huge difference and it certainly isn't an excuse to get played off the park by Bristol Rovers et al.

The current situation is a totally avoidable farce. It's like agreeing to go on holiday with people you hate. Just don't agree to it in the first place.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 08:02 - Jan 5 with 1140 viewsChrisd

Lambert won’t turn this around on 07:44 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

Unless it's out and out toxic or like a home derby etc, I don't think it makes a huge difference and it certainly isn't an excuse to get played off the park by Bristol Rovers et al.

The current situation is a totally avoidable farce. It's like agreeing to go on holiday with people you hate. Just don't agree to it in the first place.

The incredible thing, PL has created this monster himself with this desperate need to keep changing formation and personnel. Honestly, I think he believed the hype about our squad thinking they were too good for this league and has shown complete contempt. Finishing bottom of the Championship should’ve proved otherwise. Bottomline, he’s got no one to blame but himself for this current run and it’s going to take something pretty spectacular to get this back on track.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert won’t turn this around on 09:37 - Jan 5 with 920 viewsr2d2

Lambert won’t turn this around on 19:52 - Jan 4 by Oxford_Blue

Promoted, your having a laugh arnt you? We are so poor thats never happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024