Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After a few days of careful consideration 10:53 - Feb 3 with 1294 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lambert and Evans can both f*** off.

- The Norris situation is a joke
- We have no identity
- Relegation form almost over the last half of a season
- Lambert is an atrocious manager, woeful tactician and gets out thought in every match
- We are about to settle into 5-10 years of being a mid-table League One side
- The other playoff sides are miles better than us
- If we ever get back to the Championship we are now well and truly a Rotherham / Burton yoyo club
- Lambert has done nothing in his time here aside from PR stuff which in hindsight we lapped up because of how bad it was under Mick not because Lambert did anything special!
- The entire way the club is run is rotten
- The tide really is about to turn on Lambert and I think it's only a few games away from going full on last few months of Mick
- Evans is going to feel the heat now as well, if we slip out of the playoffs which current form suggests

How absolutely depressing. We have two players in that side that would cope in the Championship and both will be off if we don't go up and we know the funds can't be reinvested due to the losses.

Worst of all Lambert has five years FFS. Mental for any League One club, mental for most Championship clubs, even ones that might be about to go up!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 10:56]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

You're a bit more positive..... on 11:02 - Feb 3 with 1214 viewsBloots

....than I am, to be honest.

But broadly agree.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:06 - Feb 3 with 1182 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can't really disagree with any sentiment there BUT what's the solution ?

I can't really see any other fix to this now other than Evans actually cutting his losses and selling up in "an ideal world"

Poll: If it were one or the other

You're a bit more positive..... on 11:06 - Feb 3 with 1183 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

You're a bit more positive..... on 11:02 - Feb 3 by Bloots

But broadly agree.

I lost a few of my other observations when my PC crashed and I had to type again. Otherwise I'd be a lot closer to you I am sure.

I had given Lambert a chance, thought he was doing great work in repairing the fan base, thought of performances last yea (especially WBA, Bristol City, Derby) were encouraging and backed him after our great start, despite us not really playing that well.

But over 3-4 months it's become very clear he is not the man for the job and I fear PR will be toxic again in a few weeks if form carries on how it has done over that time.

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1159 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Our run at the start was down to “fear factor” teams had off us.

Once we were worked out (Accrington away) the chickens have come home to roost.

The players and coaches all need to clear off in the summer and we rebuild (again) with a younger core of mobile players who can move the ball quickly and form an exciting brand of football to watch.

Chambers just jumps up and down like a childish schoolboy every time we concede

Skuseys legs had gone last season and is nowhere near the standard required

Kenlock isn’t even a footballer

Norrises loan should have been terminated if it’s full of these penalty clauses and a new keeper should have been bought in as back up to holy
After a few days of careful consideration on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1152 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:06 - Feb 3 by Metal_Hacker

Can't really disagree with any sentiment there BUT what's the solution ?

I can't really see any other fix to this now other than Evans actually cutting his losses and selling up in "an ideal world"

There isn't one.

Evans has consistently shown that he never learns and just doesn't get football. He surrounds himself with people out of their depth, who give the illusion they are not, makes poor decision after poor decision on managers, when to invest, when not to invest and then reacts to the bigger hole he's found himself in.

Soon that will be Wolf and Downes having been sold to cover losses for next year and us being a League One mid-table side, praying we can somehow get our of this division, when 4-5 years ago it was the same in the division above.

I don't think it can get bad enough for League Two, but can certainly see the next 2-3 years putting us in a place where Promotion is as likely as being worried about relegation if we have a bad run.

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:10 - Feb 3 with 1135 viewsPecker

We are stuck with it I'm afraid.
After a few days of careful consideration on 11:16 - Feb 3 with 1093 viewsMrTown

Hard to disagree, club is rotten to its core.

Will see huge plummet in ST sales next year I would imagine.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:18 - Feb 3 with 1083 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

After a few days of careful consideration on 11:08 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Our run at the start was down to “fear factor” teams had off us.

Once we were worked out (Accrington away) the chickens have come home to roost.

The players and coaches all need to clear off in the summer and we rebuild (again) with a younger core of mobile players who can move the ball quickly and form an exciting brand of football to watch.

Chambers just jumps up and down like a childish schoolboy every time we concede

Skuseys legs had gone last season and is nowhere near the standard required

Kenlock isn’t even a footballer

Norrises loan should have been terminated if it’s full of these penalty clauses and a new keeper should have been bought in as back up to holy

I said after Accrington that we'd plummet.

We were lucky to win a lot of those games were teams feared us and once Rotherham worked us out the game was up.

We've looked good in maybe two games since and that was because we were playing terrible teams.

Login to get fewer ads

You're a bit more positive..... on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 974 viewsSwansea_Blue

You're a bit more positive..... on 11:02 - Feb 3 by Bloots

But broadly agree.

It’s a stupid OP. No way are we about to settle into being a mid table L1 side. We’re not that good!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After a few days of careful consideration on 16:30 - Feb 3 with 829 viewspeterleeblue

This is purely a hunch but I am getting to wonder whether Evans will actually employ anyone decent.
So lets just say he is this glorified tout, dodgy dealings and all that. Clegg in to fleece the Olympics etc etc.
Who in their right mind would want to work for an employee like that?
Just a thought!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024