Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Colchester United our new rivals? 19:48 - Feb 3 with 5853 viewshamburger_sv

If we don't go up this season we would be stuck in this division for the forseeable future with Evans in charge, while Norwich would still be bouncing between the Championship and the Premier League. Meanwhile there is all the chance in the world of Colchester United coming up next season through the automatics or playoffs.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 19:58 - Feb 3 with 5811 viewsitfcjoe

No.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 20:17 - Feb 3 with 5778 viewsIllinoisblue

Nope

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 20:18 - Feb 3 with 5771 viewsBlueBadger

Naaaah.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 22:12 - Feb 3 with 5676 viewsITFC_Forever

We’ve been in the same division as Col U before.

They might hate us, but a lot of Town fans look on them as the little club down the road and quite like them, especially given the number of our ex-players that have played for them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 22:46 - Feb 3 with 5642 viewsMrTown

Closer to Col U than we are Norwich, both off and on the field.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 23:27 - Feb 3 with 5600 viewsbournemouthblue

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 22:12 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

They might hate us, but a lot of Town fans look on them as the little club down the road and quite like them, especially given the number of our ex-players that have played for them.

That doesn't make losing to them any more fun

We've managed to lose to them this season already so let's hope we don't have to get used to it!

Peterborough roasted us at home, that in itself is depressing, not because they aren't a decent well run club but because they are a rival who appear to be ahead of us at the moment

The ceiling should be far higher for a club like ours but nothing is a given in football

Lambert has arrested the slide but we really need to be kicking on now

I fear we aren't going to

Our season changed when KVY came in and it changed when KVY went out

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 08:24 - Feb 4 with 5488 viewsChrisd

Technically, then we shouldn't be seen as Norwich's rivals either. They're leagues ahead of us both on and off the pitch and like Colchester located in a different county. The reality is, Norwich probably see us, like we view Colchester United.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:09 - Feb 4 with 5436 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ipswich Norwich I think based on a poll is the second most reciprocated derby in England.

I like Colchester, I go to watch them every now and then when town aren't playing. They are a tiny club and I don't think there is a single Ipswich fan who feels the same about Colchester as they do about Norwich

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 5429 viewsITFC_Forever

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 23:27 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

We've managed to lose to them this season already so let's hope we don't have to get used to it!

Peterborough roasted us at home, that in itself is depressing, not because they aren't a decent well run club but because they are a rival who appear to be ahead of us at the moment

The ceiling should be far higher for a club like ours but nothing is a given in football

We lost to them every time at Layer Road the last time we were in their division, so that's nothing new.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:24 - Feb 4 with 5415 viewsTractorWood

I quite like Colchester. Don't remotely view them as rivals. I forget they 'hate' us. I remember going to a game and them singing some chant about hating Ipswich and had to remind myself of the rivalry.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:32 - Feb 4 with 5396 viewsitfcjoe

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 22:12 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

My cousin's husband and their boy came to the game on Saturday and are Col U fans - at the end of the game they managed to get Szmodics shirt of him, and signed. (They didn't have a sign, just ran down to speak to him at the end and said Col U fans and chatted for a bit)

But they are normal Col U fans, ones who happy to see Town do well and watch every now and again - like I do with Colchester.

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:38 - Feb 4 with 5390 viewsitfcjoe

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 08:24 - Feb 4 by Chrisd

Technically, then we shouldn't be seen as Norwich's rivals either. They're leagues ahead of us both on and off the pitch and like Colchester located in a different county. The reality is, Norwich probably see us, like we view Colchester United.

They don't, clearly.

They will be taking great joy in our fall from grace but every Norwich fan will still check our results and follow us - like we do them.

Part of being an ITFC fan is the rivalry with Norwich and vice versa

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:40 - Feb 4 with 5379 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not really, we are quite comparable with Norwich in terms of club size.

Our Derby is pretty boring I wont lie, its always pretty dull especially at Carrow road. But It is still a recognised derby by all football fans

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 5374 viewschicoazul

And yet, with all that being said, there's a decent chance we will be in the same league as them again next season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:49 - Feb 4 with 5349 viewsKieran_Knows

What are a Colchester United?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:58 - Feb 4 with 5340 viewsChrisd

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:41 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

And yet, with all that being said, there's a decent chance we will be in the same league as them again next season.

Norwich might get relegated, but based our last couple of showings I'm not too sure we'll be in the same league next season.

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:58 - Feb 4 with 5336 viewsHarlestonblue

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 23:27 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

"Lambert has arrested the slide" After the last 2 results I am not sure if this is true!
Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:59 - Feb 4 with 5336 viewsChrisd

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:38 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

They don't, clearly.

They will be taking great joy in our fall from grace but every Norwich fan will still check our results and follow us - like we do them.

Part of being an ITFC fan is the rivalry with Norwich and vice versa

The infatuation is more us, then them. Yes, they probably are delighted with our demise, but I doubt if they really consider us rivals too much, more annoying neighbours.

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 10:02 - Feb 4 with 5324 viewsgiant_stow

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 09:59 - Feb 4 by Chrisd

The infatuation is more us, then them. Yes, they probably are delighted with our demise, but I doubt if they really consider us rivals too much, more annoying neighbours.

Swap 'annoying' with 'comedic' maybe.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 10:03 - Feb 4 with 5326 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you asked Norwich fans who their rivals are.. they would all say Ipswich and most would tell you they hate us.

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 10:45 - Feb 4 with 5289 viewsitfcjoe

It really isn't, we are two divisions below them but they are still following us - like we would if it was the other way round.

Both clubs are infatuated with each other, for better or worse

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 12:25 - Feb 4 with 5207 viewsSuperblue95

More subtle than some of your six fingered friends but still obviously a budgie from your two posts. Bit sad that even at our lowest ebb you lot still come on here pretending to be town fans

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 12:30 - Feb 4 with 5188 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Are Colchester United our new rivals? on 10:03 - Feb 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

If you asked Norwich fans who their rivals are.. they would all say Ipswich and most would tell you they hate us.

As their record in history-isn’t better than ours!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024