Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... 17:57 - Feb 4 with 1346 viewsBluearmy71

About how reasonable all the stewards have been in The North Stand in my 35 years of attending, never really came across a power hungry one at all!

That wasn't the main point I was going to mention, the thinking about the stewards over the years got me thinking about one particular person...

Do any of my fellow fans of a certain age ( from around 1990 onwards) remember the young (like us at the time) dark haired , really tall police dog handler whom we all used to chant the "Inspector Gadget" theme tune at as he would walk out onto the pitch in line with the other police to hinder any idea of a pitch invasion, its kinda cool he's still around but he's now a Stadium supervisor or Stadium Manager, poor sod getting that chanted at him every home game!

Sorry if you're a member on here bud but I had to share that memory!! ;)
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:23 - Feb 4 with 1283 viewsMattinLondon

Never have had any problems with them.
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:39 - Feb 4 with 1249 viewsBlueBadger

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:23 - Feb 4 by MattinLondon

Generally, if you don't carry on like f*cking melt, you won't.

Not a go at you, I must stress here, just an observation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:40 - Feb 4 with 1251 viewsFunge

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:23 - Feb 4 by MattinLondon

Same. Most of the same lot in the NSL were a pretty decent bunch until this season (and may well still be).

Only proper lousy stewards I've seen were at Chelsea and Liberec (and, tbh, me and my lot were being pests in Liberec).
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:55 - Feb 4 with 1217 viewsMullet

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:40 - Feb 4 by Funge

Same. Most of the same lot in the NSL were a pretty decent bunch until this season (and may well still be).

Only proper lousy stewards I've seen were at Chelsea and Liberec (and, tbh, me and my lot were being pests in Liberec).

Forest are the worst power hungry clowns.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:56 - Feb 4 with 1220 viewsFunge

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:55 - Feb 4 by Mullet

Forest are the worst power hungry clowns.

Never done the City Ground, and don't suppose that'll change any time soon, sadly.

Have heard that from a couple of other people too....
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:59 - Feb 4 with 1206 viewsMullet

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 18:56 - Feb 4 by Funge

Never done the City Ground, and don't suppose that'll change any time soon, sadly.

Have heard that from a couple of other people too....

One shouted at me once. Can you imagine?

Apparently I had to sit down but not the 17 rows in front of me. Ditto the blokes behind me and behind them etc.

It's fine if you get right behind the goal (you can watch McGugan's free kick go past Fulop RIP like a scud missile) rather than the corner bit, which is like the crook of an elbow in terms of vantage points.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 19:10 - Feb 4 with 1149 viewsFtnfwest

I read that and thought you meant Reading (the place). In which case - they are definitely all criminals
Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 19:59 - Feb 4 with 1067 viewsBluearmy71

Reading "fans, not criminals" thread got me thinking... on 19:10 - Feb 4 by Ftnfwest

I read that and thought you meant Reading (the place). In which case - they are definitely all criminals

Ha, thankfully I have only ever passed by Reading
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024