Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out 16:53 - Feb 8 with 3996 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not sad. Not disappointed. Just angry.

Edit - Lambert can go as well. Useless.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 16:54]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 3948 viewsjas0999

He has a five year deal, thanks to Evans!
Evans Out on 16:58 - Feb 8 with 3917 viewsTrequartista

Evans Out on 16:57 - Feb 8 by jas0999

He has a five year deal, thanks to Evans!

3 defeats in a row now, he could be preparing a 10-year contract.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Evans Out on 16:59 - Feb 8 with 3881 viewsBluebell

Did you go to the game Rommy?

I am so pleassed I decided to give it a miss.
Evans Out on 16:59 - Feb 8 with 3877 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not angry. Just dejected. I said on whats app to my mate we will concede in 84th minute and it has 1-0 written all over it. Nearly spot on!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans Out on 17:01 - Feb 8 with 3792 viewsCoco

So poor and so predictable. The half decent first half will be deemed acceptable as it is some kind of positive achievement! More bollox spin from the top but this just isn’t acceptable. Spineless, truly useless players, management and owner. Feck right off!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Evans Out on 17:02 - Feb 8 with 3748 viewscarlisleaway

If I had a cat at the moment Christ knows what I would do with it !!!!!
Evans Out on 17:08 - Feb 8 with 3671 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Evans is atrocious.The majority of this is his fault. Lambert is atrocious.

We are absolutely awful

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Evans Out on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 3618 viewsChurchman

I wish he and PL were out too. Sadly neither is going to happen. Evans and co are happy with mediocrity and have been for years. The club is rotten to the core and shrinking by the year. We cannot compete with half the clubs in this rubbish league and will struggle even more next year. Mid table will be a good result for little Ipswich this year, I’m afraid. Survival next year.

Evans Interest is only to minimise his losses or use them to advantage on his balance sheet. He couldn’t give a hoot about this club. Otherwise he wouldn’t have let it rot away in the past 12 years. Lambert? Fat, happy on a long contract, arrogant, ambition free and totally clueless anyway.

I would love to know why he was given a five year contract. At his current rate of progress he will be the highest paid manager in the Conference.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out on 17:14 - Feb 8 with 3582 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out on 16:59 - Feb 8 by Bluebell

Did you go to the game Rommy?

I am so pleassed I decided to give it a miss.

I swerved it. Home from uni for the weekend so visiting some mates and family this weekend.

Am at Wimbledon away on Tuesday and Bristol Rovers away next month though (I’m in Bristol that whole week anyway for the racing)

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out on 17:18 - Feb 8 with 3507 viewsDoctor_Earman

According to some on here we should all be hailing Evans as a saviour. Pathetic.
Evans Out on 17:21 - Feb 8 with 3456 viewsjas0999

Evans Out on 16:58 - Feb 8 by Trequartista

3 defeats in a row now, he could be preparing a 10-year contract.

Well deserved!
Evans Out on 17:30 - Feb 8 with 3404 viewsTheBoyBlue

But this is what is so depressing. He can't go. Who would buy the club? Especially anyone with enough money to make a difference. And if he did sack Lambert (and let's face it he won't having just given him that contract), he'd only replace him with someone equally incapable. We're stuck. Completely and utterly stuck and there simply doesn't look like any way out of it. Evans has kept us in business but at the expense of its soul or any hope.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Evans Out on 17:42 - Feb 8 with 3284 viewsr2d2

Evans Out on 17:18 - Feb 8 by Doctor_Earman

According to some on here we should all be hailing Evans as a saviour. Pathetic.

Agreed Evans is an awful owner.
Evans Out on 17:43 - Feb 8 with 3269 viewsChurchman

Evans Out on 17:30 - Feb 8 by TheBoyBlue

But this is what is so depressing. He can't go. Who would buy the club? Especially anyone with enough money to make a difference. And if he did sack Lambert (and let's face it he won't having just given him that contract), he'd only replace him with someone equally incapable. We're stuck. Completely and utterly stuck and there simply doesn't look like any way out of it. Evans has kept us in business but at the expense of its soul or any hope.

While I totally agree with your point about the hole we are in now, I do not believe Evans has kept us in business. What you are saying is that without Mr Faceless’ generosity we’d have gone bust like Bury Town. The only other club after them in the past 12 years to go to the wall.

I would argue that even if we’d gone into Administration again under clueless wrecking ball Sheepshanks, the club still had a name, a position in the Championship and a level of debt that might have attracted a decent buyer. There have been plenty of them in the past 12 years. What Evans has done is drive the club to oblivion. Death by a thousand cuts.
Evans Out on 17:44 - Feb 8 with 3250 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans out is a meaningless soundbyte.

He’s owns the club. You can’t sack the owner.
Evans Out on 17:53 - Feb 8 with 3177 viewsTheBoyBlue

Evans Out on 17:43 - Feb 8 by Churchman

While I totally agree with your point about the hole we are in now, I do not believe Evans has kept us in business. What you are saying is that without Mr Faceless’ generosity we’d have gone bust like Bury Town. The only other club after them in the past 12 years to go to the wall.

I would argue that even if we’d gone into Administration again under clueless wrecking ball Sheepshanks, the club still had a name, a position in the Championship and a level of debt that might have attracted a decent buyer. There have been plenty of them in the past 12 years. What Evans has done is drive the club to oblivion. Death by a thousand cuts.

He has put enough in to keep us running. Without it we may have been even worse off. But he has taken ALL the wrong decisions and taken us from a club with a reasonable amount of debt (in the scheme of things) who were strong contenders for promotion to the Premier League, playing in front of 25,000 fans at home to a team who this time next season are likely to be mid-table L1 playing in front of crowds of 10,000 (if we're lucky) and an eye-watering amount of debt.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Evans Out on 17:56 - Feb 8 with 3161 viewsmonytowbray

If we don’t go up this year I’m at bed sheet tipping point.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Evans Out on 18:08 - Feb 8 with 3103 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out on 17:43 - Feb 8 by Churchman

Just a couple of points.

Seventh in league one isn’t good enough but it’s not “oblivion”.

Evans does - as a factual statement - keep the club going. No one else is willing to spend £6million a year on average to make good the club’s trading losses. If he didn’t subsidise the losses the club couldn’t pay its bills and debts and would go into administration. There would be serious questions about its ability to exit administration because unlike in 2003-4, the club has very few assets to sell. Then, we had just come down from the premiership and had numerous premiership players.

Evans has made decisions in the best interests of the club but they haven’t worked. He isn’t able or willing to spend the cash now needed to compete for promotion. When he bought the club, it was a realistic plan to go up based on making £30 million or so available. He did that, his managers wasted it.

If the club hasn’t been sold to Evans, it is mere speculation that we would have either found a buyer or that the club would have been better off.

If you want to aim blame, then the management of the club in 2000-01 should be included. Bad decisions made last right and centre.
Evans Out on 18:09 - Feb 8 with 3095 viewsBackToRussia

Evans Out on 17:44 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

Evans out is a meaningless soundbyte.

He’s owns the club. You can’t sack the owner.

Can we sack you?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Evans Out on 18:36 - Feb 8 with 3022 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out on 18:09 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

Can we sack you?

What for? Telling it as it is and you don’t like it?
Evans Out on 18:52 - Feb 8 with 2961 viewsblueconscience

Evans Out on 18:36 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

What for? Telling it as it is and you don’t like it?

We should sack you for reminding us of all of the hell we will have to go through until he eventually sells the club

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans Out on 19:04 - Feb 8 with 2900 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out on 18:52 - Feb 8 by blueconscience

We should sack you for reminding us of all of the hell we will have to go through until he eventually sells the club

I’m not happy either.

Just realistic.

I don’t know how this will end. I can’t see Evans changing his plans unless he finds a buyer.
Evans Out on 19:05 - Feb 8 with 2896 viewsblueconscience

Evans Out on 19:04 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

I’m not happy either.

Just realistic.

I don’t know how this will end. I can’t see Evans changing his plans unless he finds a buyer.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans Out on 19:06 - Feb 8 with 2883 viewsBackToRussia

Evans Out on 19:04 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

I’m not happy either.

Just realistic.

He's probably asking for miracle money because he can't stand to cut his losses with one giant loss.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Evans Out on 19:08 - Feb 8 with 2864 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out on 19:06 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

He's probably asking for miracle money because he can't stand to cut his losses with one giant loss.

But we need to be careful that we don’t get a new owner who is willing to see the club go under. Evans won’t let that happen. There are lots of chancers in the game. I’d hate to see this club go under.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024